• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Your farthest hits ever?

Re: Your farthest hits ever?

2220m with a M2 .50 cal on single shot, because I was having some mechanical difficulties with it. Walked it in on the 15th shot. Got the range from the guy hanging 60mm mortars that was next to me; he had a laser range finder with him.

500 yd P-dog with AR-15 (.223)....didn't jump high and when shot at 150 yds
wink.gif

900 yard Javelina in South Texas. Won't lie, it took a couple (few) shots to hit him. Luckily the corn kept him on the pipeline long enough for me to get him. GAP Rock .308.

I missed a deer at 1822 last year. Does that count for something? It was really close and she knew it was meant for her. Getting that far over the tree line in TX (17 mph metered on the ground) will get you sometimes. I guess we aren't play'n with horse shoes though.

I did take a doe at 1560 walking across a road. I didn't post it because I new of all the long distance shots that get hammered on the net this one would probably receive some heat. Could I repeat it? Probably not but it put some grub in the freezer and took one more doe off of a piece of over populated property.

2449yds with 338 Excaliber, 300gr Berger at 3050fps.
1185yds with 240RV Magnum (6mm-270WSM), 95gr Sierra Matchking.
Almost hit 20inch square target with Savage model 212 slug gun at 650yds.
1760yds with 300WSM, 210gr Berger at 2840fps.
Trying for 3000yds with 408 Cheytac.

into sand dunes

40 gr V-Max/ .223/ 676 meters
150 gr winchester power point/ .308/ 1070 meters
165 Sierra Game King/ .308/ 1210 meters
208 A-Max/ .308/ 1210 meters (1324 yards)

Rabbit

150 win PP/ .308/ 340 meters (1 shot)
165 sierra Game King/ .308/ 700 meters (2nd shot)

i have not had the chance to to use the 208 a-max hunting fox/ rabbit yet.

420 LRF yards with browning 243 shooting 95gr ballistic silver tip. Have shot three whitetails at this range all three were done before they knew it.

980 yrds steel with the 243AI shooting 105vlds. Lots of fun working on getting back into the long rang shooting again.

Over the years...
Running Groundhog at 33yds with a Ruger Redhawk .44mag.
Sitting groundhog at 52yds with a Ruger Blackhawk .45LC witnessed.
Feral cat at 181yds. 35mph winds with a M1A. witnessed.
200+lb 8pt Whitetail at 215yds with a XP100 7mmBR.

Time to get serious about long range.

On game 472 yards off my knee. 7 stw.

On a target 1000 yards at a deep creek shoot. 2 in the x of the xring. factory 243
off a bipod.

At a rock 3000 with a 50. Big rock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me show you what it will do up front John:
IMG_7777-1.jpg
</div></div>

SWEET!!

Shot a Crow at 395 yards with my .17 rem 20g V max head pushed along by 9.7grains of Bluedot, doing 3350fps.

I have shot deer at slightly further ranges with my .308 but the .17 sticks in my mind as a good shot.

Witnessed by my shooting buddy who said if I make the shot I could have an hour with his lovely blonde girlfriend. I made the shot and before I turned around I could hear funny noises coming from him. I quickly said, is 6pm ok to pick her up. He was quiet all the way back to the house. My chest was pushed out far that afternoon.

All memories to cherish.

1050 yards steel square 20"x20" with a 17.5" 308 at 260 feet above sea level.

175 SMK over Varget seated at mag lenght.

I know it's not the most impressive but not have really been the most experienced shooter it was cool. For it to be that low to sea level also was interesting.

Today, I made hits on steel (2'x 2' square) at 1640 yards with my DTA SRS with the 6.5x47 conversion and the 338 Lapua Magnum conversion.

I was definatley lacking consistency though......

6" Orange Steal Square, on mountain side in LakeView, OR at 900 Yards

Surgeon Scalpe, AICS, Viperskin, Jewel, Kreiger SS 22", Harris, 308 Win, BH Red. PR 5-25x56 Tactical.

I give most of the credit to Heidi as she was calling the wind.

18"x30" steel at 1250 yards with GAP-10 .308 22" bbl and 175 SMK doing 2440-2450fps

2000 on steel and 902 on elk. Both with 7wsm.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j5G13N3Yd3w"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j5G13N3Yd3w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

M1580011.jpg

Hit the headboard from between her legs. I milled it at 4.2 feet, no wind.

Seriously though, 10in plates at 800 with a 22-250. Haven't had a chance to try farther.
I did get a prairie dog at 536 yards...than 5 minutes later a 13 year old beat me nailing one at 552. Needless to say I spent a lot of ammo trying to top him! haha.

I was 12, coming back from a day of shooting rabbits on an old strip mine when I stopped at the local gas station to get a coke. They asked if I was a good shot.. and naturally, I said I was.

They said, well.. pick something and shoot it.. I said the Powerline tower up on the hill.. 500 meters away and 200 meters above us.

I figured it would have to be luck.. I aimed at the top of it, double tapped the trigger... and was rewarded with two smacks of sound.

Pure luck.... but the coca-cola was on the house.

Got solid hits on frontal facing tank hulls at 2400 meters about two weeks ago with a 25mm bushmaster chain gun, does that count?
laugh.gif

850 on steel. Best group was with my custom 284Win, 10 shots could easily be covered with a $1 bill.

17x21 1525 yard target at Rockcastle Oct 8 2011,,300 gr Scenar 90 grs Retumbo 338 Lapua Sako TRG42,,5.5-22x56 Nightforce,53 MOA up and 3 MOA in the wind.

going back this Saturday..

G'day everyone!

The farthest I've shot and hit was at a recent Practical Rifle match in Canberra, Australia. We were shooting at 900m (almost 1000 yards), and I hit the sighter target on my second shot (the first missed because I hadn't wound on any windage, but the elevation was perfect).

When it came to the business shots, I heard that I'd double-tapped one of the figures on the machine-gun target (essentially two silhouette outlines "crouched" behind a machine-gun outline). Both shots were an inch apart.

That day I didn't hit the bonus target, a Huns Head target about 6" square coreflute.

But the Practical Match a few months prior to that, I was one of three people that day to hit the Huns Head at 800m, which I was pretty chuffed about. It hit just above the right eye
smile.gif

I was shooting my TRG42 .300WM with .208grn Amax reloads from Hornady cases on both occasions.

Not bad shooting for a civvie!

- bec

not my farthest but 2 of 4 at 1450yds with another members 7saum first time ever behind the gun should have been 3of4
but it was cold out and my numb finger and that 2oz trigger
weren't use to each other

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pdogsbeware</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hit the headboard from between her legs. I milled it at 4.2 feet, no wind.

Seriously though, 10in plates at 800 with a 22-250. Haven't had a chance to try farther.
I did get a prairie dog at 536 yards...than 5 minutes later a 13 year old beat me nailing one at 552. Needless to say I spent a lot of ammo trying to top him! haha. </div></div>

Damn near spit my coffee all over the screen on that one.

Furthest shot for me was a ranged groundhog, ridge to ridge at 647 yards with a friends custom 7mm-08.

1020 yard hit on home built 10 x 10 siloette made out of a discarded grader blade using 308 with 175 gr hand loads. First shot hit and hadn't made a shot out past 800 until then. It was neat to make a shot like that with a rifle I did al the machining on.

1200 yards on steel at Thunder Ranch HART on a custom (by me) Sav 260 Remi.

5 shots on a 30*13 steel USPSA target at 700 with my buddies AR-10. Just getting into it and have my first LR rifle being built in 260. So hopefully this time next year I'll be able to post a 1000-1200 yarder as my max.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me show you what it will do up front John:
IMG_7777-1.jpg
</div></div>

That is fuckin awesome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">18"x30" steel at 1250 yards with GAP-10 .308 22" bbl and 175 SMK doing 2440-2450fps</div></div>
This is pretty impressive. What altitude did you connect at 1250?

I have shot mine with good success out to 950, but 1250? WOW.

Maybe...?

Yesterday, after the AZPRC match a buddy and I tried our 260s on the "buffalo" target @ 2200 yards. I don't have the exact measurements, but I'd guess 4'x6'. I will ask for the dimensions and edit this post once I have them.

Supossedly, I got 2 hits out of 6 tries. We both gave it a go, 7 shots for my buddy and 6 for me. We (2 spotters/1 shooter) definitely ID'd all the misses (11). However, nobody, including me (at 15x) could see the 2 impacts, but we did not see any misses. We had to leave the range, and there were still shooters active, so we didn't have the opportunity to confirm the hits.

Here's the input: maxed the elevation on my NF F1 @ 23 mils. The mildot2 reticle has 5 mils before the duplex bar, the bar has a horizontal line indicating 10 mils. I walked my shots in, holding more elevation each time. After firing shots 5 and 6 (the hits), I guessed I was somewhere in the 34+mil range. DA was 6500. I ran the numbers through JBM and dope comes back as 34.4 mils. It was interesting that windage was less than a mil. We were guessing it took 5 secs of bullet flight, JBM says 4.5. A lot of fun!!
smile.gif

Shot a pdog at 1390 with a 260. Tried a hitting a pdog at 1718 yards thought I hit it but when I got up to the mound did not find the little fellow. Not confirmed dammit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strickland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About 12 miles....

m198-4.jpg
</div></div>

Winner

Ok I gotta go shooting with you guys. Were is the range you did this at? Just getting into the whole long range precision stuff but its fast becoming a big interest/hobby and quickly consuming my piggy bank
wink.gif
PM inbound for further details

Longest hit was at 1340 yards with a 308 at full size steel IPSC target. Took me about 8 rounds to get that hit, but once I got it I followed it up with a second hit. Then I got greedy, tried for a third, and of course missed it.

1015 yards on an 8" square target with my custom 20x47 Lapua using Berger 55 grn

You guys have made some pretty amazing shots. I hope to make some long range ones myself soon lol. My personal best so far is from my AMT Hardballer 1911. I hit a 4"x12" piece of steel scrap 7 out of 8 times at 150yds. No shooting rest, just draw and fire. I was pretty proud.

Later that same day I was able to try hitting a 12"x12" target at 350yds. Not nearly as successful.