• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Your farthest hits ever?

Re: Your farthest hits ever?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sherman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot a shack apart at about 1000 yards a few miles north of Ramadi Iraq... with a Mk19. Supposedly there were triggermen inside waiting to set off an IED, don't know if anyone was actually inside, and I honestly don't care to know. We did find the IED a little ways up the road.

Does this count?? </div></div>

I think this counts a hell of a lot more than the other shots that are talked about on this forum. Good shooting.

When I was 12 my dad told me to get the .22 cause there was a cat out by our chickens. I got both .22's cause I wasn't sure which one he wanted. He shot ( about 60 yds away) and the cat took off like a bullet. I just remember looking up at my dad and can't believing he missed. I brought up the .22 I was holding and put one through the head at a dead run. I stood there shocked. Dad looked down at me and asked what I thought I was doing. I told him he missed,lol...he said "yeah, its the neighbors cat. Now go and get rid of it before she sees it".
Later when I told that story my dad would always interject that the .22 I shot had a bent barrel. lol That might have helped in my leading it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
frown.gif
500 yards. It's the furthest place I've found to shoot so far. I can't wait to get out and shoot further!

Not sure of the group size, but that was 5 shots. w/ 23mph wind.

168g .308 Federal GMM SMKs Factory ammo
IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg
</div></div>
Looks like top gun. Been there a couple times now and shot 500 with my lr308. Pretty nice setup, and nice guys that run the place.

Friend of mine was an Officer on a guided missile cruiser.

He would claim hits at 62 miles during his two (very short) tours in the Gulf (1991 & a later "no fly zone" action in mebbe 1995???). (I am very unclear on Navy type stuff.)

IF I recall correctly, the tour was travel from US base, shoot a target 62 miles away, return, wait for next war.
grin.gif

BMT

The mile 12 x 12 plate at TVP with my 308 TRG 22. Couldn't have done it without Tom's help though.

I peed on the state of Nevada from the back urinal of a C-130 at 22,000 feet. Does that count? (I'm pretty sure I hit it.)

16" Steel @ 1400 6 in a row w/ my 300RUM
8" Steel @ 850 w/ AR-15
12" Steel @ 1000 w/ .308

I have killed two deer at 500 and 510 yards that were bang- flop.
From prone with a bi-pod.

I have killed 3 ground squirrels sequentially at 230 yards without a miss.
From a car top bench rest.

Side of a mountain at well over 1 mile
grin.gif

Seriously... Elk at 810, Antelope at 825, prarie dog at 905.

And coyotes @ 625-750-750-847 yards. All with my custom .338LM exept for the 847. That was a facory Remington 700 .260

2/11 had a first round hit at 2237, but move the steel back to 2400 march 3rd and was able to find it on the 4th shot, furthest I've shot. Had a 1st round at 1945 on this day on a ipsc plate. 338 LM but I cheated, I used Berger bullet, those bullets love to fly.

1164yds with 300wm,one shot one kill lol, had 10mph 9oclock crosswind....have shot steel to 1200...need to find a place to stretch er out.
109_00092.jpg

My friend and I shot 640, Furthest place I've found to shoot. I'm going to a match at the end of next month that will have 1000 yard shooting. I'm hoping I hit something!

I'm the second shooter.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sJuZs-MAUxY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sJuZs-MAUxY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Smoked a whitetail at 675 on a dead cold bore with my 308 using 180smk, 43gr Varget and 19.5 MOA up from a 200 yard zero....prone out of the back of a suburban. My spotter thought I missed for about 1.25 seconds...

I thought this was pretty good but Damn!!! Some of you have really scored some awesome hits!

Shot a "Fishbird" @ 475yds with a 22-250 as my friends call them, i'm not sure what bird it is, but we go to the catfish ponds every now and them to keep them from eating all the catfish.

Still haven't shot past 500, but as soon as i can get my .308 ready, ( i gotta chrono 5 more rds) and cut some steel, i'll be taking it out further.

77gr SMK from 223Rem = 895yds
80gr AMAX from 223Rem = 1000yds
123gr AMAX from 6.5G = 1000yds
140gr B LR-BT from 6.5x47L = 1200yds
175gr SMK from 308W = 1200yds

What load were you using with your 80gr AMAX and do you by any chance know how fast it was going at 1000yds? Thats damn impressive. I would've figured the bullet would've gone subsonic and probably start to tumble long before that.

704yds on a hare. Single shot from a cold barrel with my .243 Tikka T3 Super Varmint. 87grain V-Max.

Took a 140yd rabbit with my CZ .22lr.

Also shot 2 x rabbits with 1 bullet on 2 occasions.

1st was with an 87 grain V-Max that exploded and hit the second with shrapnel.

2nd was with the 22lr, the bullet passed through the first and hit the second killing it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What load were you using with your 80gr AMAX and do you by any chance know how fast it was going at 1000yds? Thats damn impressive. I would've figured the bullet would've gone subsonic and probably start to tumble long before that. </div></div>

Sure, it was loaded with 24.0gr of RL-15 in a LC 08 case and a R 7 1/2 primer. Its jammed 0.01 or somewhere close to that. It does 2650fps 12' from muzzle out of my 18" 7twist AR (a Noveske rifle which I have since sold). There are some pressure signs, although not killer ones. This load shoots a hair under 1.0moa at 100, but it does a darn fine job off holding that moa out to 600. It starts to fall apart at 1000 however, and was probably printing 1.75-2.0 moa groups at that range, with a few wind flyers mixed in.

These were shot from the 1000yd line on Range 4, USMC Base Quantico Virginia, which is ~300ft. That day it was 80*F and 75% humidity, so it was something like 500ft DA. Wind that day was zero near and mid, but a nasty 7-10mph 9 o'clock wind at the target. I believe I was holding 3 sMOA left and was having pretty good luck against a F-class target (someone was down in the pits scoring my target). There is a nice wind flag at the target and I was holding until I saw 7mph in it.

open sights side lock ky mount rifle 234 steps from the tree to the deer hornday 350 cuped sabot with 125 grains of 777 syntic podwer. kick like a drunk donkey on sunday! but she get the job done every time.

4" skeet at 1000yds when the conditions cooperate. 10" plate at 1050yds in a 22mph full value would probably top the 4" skeet tho.
smile.gif

I'm going after work to plan a trip out to a friend's deer lease where we can shoot a mile though. There's a cliff we can get on top of and see as far as we want to shoot. The 300wm is shooting pretty well lately, we'll stretch it's legs a bit.

1300yds w/ a Savage Model 12 Palma (irons) 30" 1in13 twist barrel, 168gr BTHP.

Made three hits in a row on a 25x15inch IPSC steel target at 1600yds.Group was 14.36 inches.Shooting a Custom 6.5x47 Lapua runnin 139 scenars at 2855fps.Dope was right at 82MOA.

342 yds lrf confirmed prarie dog. had dope for this hill and got it 1st shot...with my rem 40x .22

215 yds 8" steel 3x w/8mm mauser iron sites in a dam stiff wind...come on, it was shooting 2' groups!!
grin.gif

1760 yds bolt 50cal on a trash job site box/target. needed a 40moa base cause with scope maxed out, put the top of trailer out of site on bottom of scope, fire, then watch the bullet in to the target. (tracers, just wait for flash). very cool.

Guess i not as sniperery as some peeps hunting large game, everything I have shot is PBR for my 300win. No offense to the long range hitters, just curious how many animals have been wounded and got away with the spray and pray/lack of energy down range. To each their own.

Regards,
DT

Not beyond 1000, but made my day.

Yesterday was shooting a friend's 44 mag. Nice SW, about a 6 inch barrel. We had some IPSC full size steel set up for rifle at 360 yard; I figured why not lol. Loaded up 3 and got set up so I could rest on my right knee. Pretty good breeze going, but it seemed fairly steady. Held what I guessed to be about 30 inches over the left shoulder of target. First shot landed about a foot low and a little right, just enough to scare the hell out of the target. Adjusted up and over left bit more and landed the next round low right of the target. Next shot's elevation was good, but a bit too far right.

Never tried a handgun at that range, so I was stoked. A dot sight or something like that would definitely make this more doable since there was not much of the target to see with the regular sights.

Offhand would be a good trick lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PappyDutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">712 yds, mk. 12 mod 1, 77 gr someone who will never plant another ied on route cowboys </div></div>

Good Shootin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PappyDutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">712 yds, mk. 12 mod 1, 77 gr someone who will never plant another ied on route cowboys </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guther</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2662 yards .408 CheyTac.
Guther</div></div>

shit yeah! I'm hoping to up mine to 1000 yards in the next couple of weeks. ( whimpy .308)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">her tits.
</div></div>

This isn't entirely true, I did hit 22" steel round @ 1500 w/ a .308 win witnessed by 2 SHiders.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark Sebastian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">16" Steel @ 1400 6 in a row w/ my 300RUM
8" Steel @ 850 w/ AR-15
12" Steel @ 1000 w/ .308 </div></div>

Update! 1760 w/ 300RUM
smile.gif

Faurthest distance was a 15 x 15 plate at 800 meters with a 75 VMAX from my .243WSSM AR. Tossing them 3100 and they were running out of gas bad.
Really really want to get my 105 Amax load worked up for some 1000+ shooting this summer.

Used to shoot 35mm Kodak film cans at 100 with my old Powerline 880 and pointed lead pellets as a kid. I still think that was some of the best shooting I've ever done.

NRA 1000 Yard target (M?) - 1000 Yard shot, 192/14x

The X is 10" 14/20 in a 10" group at 1k, I'm OK with that.

But that was shooting with a sling.

I had not owned a bipod yet, would LOVE to go back and shoot bipod at 1000.

....been a long damn time. I miss shooting at 1000.

300WM @ 1350yd w/ 14.25" 3 shot group w/ 200gr Hornady Match
270 @ 980yd
308 @ 1350yd
223 @ 1000yd
17HMR @ 350yd (wind drift sucked, used about 11" of left windage.

Marlin bolt action .22LR with 3-9 scope @ 400 yards on 16" steel circle target.
Same distance with Rem 700 .243 and NF 5.5-22x50, hope to stretch it this weekend.

Dang, I've got a little marlin 22lr myself and the thought of pushing it past 200 yards slightly throws me off hehehe... Might have to try it tomorrow when I go shooting now.

Just finished extending my range out to 700 yards today but didn't get a chance to shoot.

So 600 yards for me.

I can make pretty decent groups at 400 and 500 yards.. for some reason my groups at 600 are not real great... 8-10" sometimes a little better. I have room to extend it out to 800 so we'll see how that goes.

(700 sps tactical 308)

2'x 2' paper 4 of 5 shots at 1000 yds.

Savage model 10

.308 Win. 175 SMK 2775 fps MV

1500 yards. Walked it on for two hits on 30"x40". .308 175SMK about 2750fps. No wind 50* 5000"ish DA. 75MOA elevation.

My longest game animal shot was my Antelope @413 yards with my Rem 700 in 7MM Mag. Mini Praire Dog in Bend, Oregon was 115 lazer ranged, with my 10/22 Target. I have shot several F Class matches at 1K at Ft Lewis before the war. Would like to again, someday. JPG

770m Cow Elk in WA
POS Stevens Rifle 30-06
Even crappier Bushnell 2.5X10 scope
180gr Nosler
Cannot remember the load. It was is 2000.

600m 24x24 steel plate. Knocking it all day!
1944 Enfield No4 Mk1 iron sights.
303 British
174 SMK
39.0gr Accurate 2520
2680fps

I am working on my Mauser action long distance build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Felderthewelder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hit a dragonfly in mid flight with my slingshot at about 30 feet. Using a common rock.</div></div>

Lol sorry i'm not trying to be an ass thats just funny as hell, common rock lmao.