• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Your farthest hits ever?

Re: Your farthest hits ever?

bowling pin 660yds suppresed fn spr 308

Took my 6.5 grendel out to 1000yrs for the first time this past weekend and got 4 hits on a 8in steal swinger with hornady 123gr amax,then the wind started to shift from a steady 25-30mph coming in at 12 0'clock to coming in at 9-10 0'

Hmm. Fun topic.

Favorite shot. 220yds rabbit (about 6lbs) with a marlin ss 22lr shooting cci i think they were called.

First shot with my first ar-15 after sighting it in (at 75yds. My gun clubs range sucks. lol) Took it to my parents and cb'd a 320 yard shot on a 4" painted target on a tree 6' off the ground. Was laying down with almost no wind (2-4mph) though.

"I've been shooting my whole life but only recently got into "long range" shooting. Those two shots are the only "confirmed" ones i have.

1037 yards Antelope Center-grip Rem XP-100 7mm WSM 162 A-Max
1800 yard prairie dog Rear-grip XP-100 6.5-284 140 A-Max
1590 yard PD Center-grip XP 6mm-284 115 DTAC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xphunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1037 yards Antelope Center-grip Rem XP-100 7mm WSM 162 A-Max
1800 yard prairie dog Rear-grip XP-100 6.5-284 140 A-Max
1590 yard PD Center-grip XP 6mm-284 115 DTAC </div></div>
WOW that's some great shots !! Good stuff.

Deer at 165 yds with a Savage .243 with a 90gr. Nosler.

1000Yds plate at Thunder Valley with a Rem SPS Tactical/Trijicon 5-20/x50 Accupoint/HS Precision stock using 175gr Sierra Matchking 308.

1027yd 24x24" target with a 1943 made M91/30 PU sniper
2785yd a 6x8ft boulder with my .50 BMG shooting API Total luck, took 5 shots maxed out elevation, dialed down to 3.5x on the NXS holding at the bottom edge of the scope. Had time to set the rifle down and look through a spotting scope for the impact.

510 yards mule doe 270 130 gr Ballistic tip from a bi pod, 2X scope with adjusted elevation turret, ultra light pre 64 Win M70. Hit the lungs and she staggered 50 feet.

250 yards ground squirrel with 223 33 gr Vmax Ruger #1, 32X scope using hold over, Pink mist.

600 yards cardboard target on hill side within 1 foot of the bullseye. 7mmRemMag 150 gr Bal Tip, 10X scope, adjusted elevation turret.

Most ridiculous hit was 125 yards at a small wendys cup.

With a gamo whisper pellet gun.
laugh.gif

I scored a hit on a 12"x12" plate at 1760 yesterday, with my 308. Even better, it was only my third shot! However, I wasn't able to do it a second time, even after trying 10-15 shots more.

Load was 175smk, 45.5gr Varget @ 2775fps.

I've ever tried hitting the mile target at TVP with my 308 before, and occassionally seen splash "around" the target, but there would often be 25feet or more distance from one impact to the next.

Yesterday, there were a couple "no calls", but for the most part, every shot was really close to the target.

I was using 31 mrad total elevation. I was able get 19 mrad with my scope, but had to zoom out to ~15 power to expose enough of my reticle to get 12 mrad showing, to hold over with. I had 5mrad left wind dialed, but had to hold off another .6 or .7 mrad on top of that.

Time of flight was about 4 seconds. I had plenty of time to break the shot, focus on a good follow-through, get the scope back on target, dial my scope back up to 25 power, and watch for the splash. It really would have been great if I could have hit it again.

Back in the late 90s I bought one of the first 7mm STWs that Remington chambered in their Sendero. Shot many beer bottles and house bricks at 600yds and when deer season finally came in shot a doe at 621yds and another with a head shot at 315 yds. More recently I had 3 of 4 hits on a 24 inch manhole cover at 1125 yds with a factory Remmy SPS in 7RM with 168 bergers. The biggest problem around here is finding somewhere to shoot over 1K and until the corn gets cut I'm limited to my personal range which only goes to 650yds.

And here's the kicker....Last weekend my wife shot a 5 inch group with my 22-250 at 650yds and this was only the second time she has ever shot any gun at all in her entire life. Now she's hooked and wants "one of those big scopes" pointing at my new nightforce.

Cutting weeds with my Sheridan .20 cal pellet gun at 20 yards, shooting blocks of wood with my .22 after tossing them in the air. Regularly shooting doubles on pheasants with my bolt action mossberg 12 gauge. That used to really piss of my step dads friends. Especially after they missed twice. I used to shoot something every day when I was in high school.
Bought a rifle to shoot long range this year, never shot past 200 before a few weeks ago. Hit the steel at 550 meters the first time I tried at a recent tactical steel match. That was really cool since I dialed for the distance and held off for the wind. Savage 12 LRP 6.5 creedmoor. Will be shooting 1000 next weekend.
smile.gif

115lb doe at 1150 yards 300WM 190gr berger.
1400 yards steel 2'x2'

1249 yards with a 300 Win mag using 190 Sierra matchkings at 2960 fps.
My first shot was about 6 inches left of the target. I corrected for wind and the next two smacked the steel about 2 inches low of dead center on a steel IPSC target.