• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Your Other Hobbies?

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    So what does everyone else like to do besides shoot? I have two main hobbies, shooting and building PCs. Bit on opposite ends of the spectrum but i enjoy them both. When i can't shoot i go to PCs, and when i have enough time i shoot/reload. Here's my last build. Keep trying to push myself into that custom loop area but it's just hard dropping 400-600$ on cooling components.
    5btcut.jpg

hrdhc2.jpg

otf82b.jpg

fa3laa.jpg

25zthde.jpg

15oxv7o.jpg

I really would like to do something like this.
    900x900px-LL-c5d9eb90_5.jpeg

Flying antiques, teaching young people or anyone to shoot, bear hunting, machining.

Im trying to learn to play the acoustic guitar. Old dog / new trick sorta thing.
    I still skydive and instruct.
    I do some woodturning.
    Learning to tig weld.

I play the violin and viola, and I've played professionally since I was 14 years old. My first paying job was in the back-up orchestra for the Moody Blues.

Right now I have a grown-up job, so the music is my other hobby.

Just got into Scuba diving a few years ago. bought a dry suit last spring (White's bullet). Haven't dived any wrecks yet, To much of a pussy for cave diving.
    Single track woods riding on the dirt bike.
    Off roading in the H1.
    Hunting anything.

Don't have near the time anymore with a 3 year and 15 month old. They have been my biggest hobby since.

I drive old cars, listen to vinyl, and shoot photos on film.

High End Audio. Vinyl rules, as does analog (vacuum tubes).The bass cabinets on the bottom are 7' long, for reference. The electronics are all custom built, point to point wiring. Not a transistor in the system.
    BothRCAs.jpgRCAfront.jpg

Oh, I forgot, blowing shit up.

Last edited:
    Salt water fishing, scuba diving, snow skiing, adventure racing, and reading. I don't do any of them nearly as much as I would like. About 15 years ago I started reading by tackling a genre for a year or so then switching to a different genre. I started with Russian literature (Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy...), then moved on to Southern Americana, and so on.

Two hobbies I spent many of my younger years on, and I hope to return to one day, are music and sailing. I spent half of each high school day in an arts program. I do not have a set of drums right now as I would obsess over it and never get anything else done. Sailing across the ocean doesn't work well with my career. Maybe one day...

Blackops 2, combine the two. If you haven't already, check out Aim Points smart rifle. Rifle and wi-fi ready scope. Seems perfect for you.

Flying, (working on getting into flying antiques but thats very difficult these days). and Bobsledding, Yes I have met the Jamaicans, good dudes. I also coach High school Pole vaulting.

I used to enjoy paintball (was sponsored for a long time), hiking, camping, motorcycles, and teaching.

Sadly, restoring a house, building a garage, and working in a small business have taken my free time away.

Now it is simply trying to spend time with my dog, gf, and family... and then shooting or reloading if there is any time left.

Never be a part of a small business... it is the end of the road. =/

Gotta say reloading / shooting is my main hobby. Everything else in life just fills in the gaps!

Well, not much of a hobby but since it's not primary income and I enjoy it I guess it is close. Farming, specifically running my mamma cows. About that time I get tired of it every year and feel like saying "F this" the next calf crop starts and it's a new beginning. It's a shame it can't be a primary income for me around here.

So what does everyone else like to do besides shoot? I have two main hobbies, shooting and building PCs. Bit on opposite ends of the spectrum but i enjoy them both. When i can't shoot i go to PCs, and when i have enough time i shoot/reload. Here's my last build. Keep trying to push myself into that custom loop area but it's just hard dropping 400-600$ on cooling components.

hrdhc2.jpg

A little overkill for playing Skyrim isn't ? ;)

I started doing HPDE with NASA Racing last June. I have gone from HPDE 1 to HPDE 3. My goals are to move to TT3 (Time Trails) then start doing ST3 ( W2W) racing.

Dirtbiking
    Fishing
    Streaming
    Video games
    Chemistry
    Blasting Led Zeppelin as loud as the cops will allow
    Annoying my wife and kids and friends
    Giving Lowlight high blood pressure
    Stealing VJJ's lunch money

Surf, snow ski, water ski, snowboard, wakeboard (was sponsored years ago) cycle and triathlons. I am pretty busy most of the time with work (ER) so shooting is rare and so are the aforementioned hobbies. Oh yeah I like practicing to make babies too

A little overkill for playing Skyrim isn't ? ;)

Haha while I own Skyrim I don't play it much. Right now titanfall, BF4, metro LL, and some others though it's pretty adequate for. I really like to OC and bench as well. Though technically my 7970 @ 1125/1575 will handle anything, I'm about to pick up a 780 classy and put it on water.

Haven't OCed the 3770K yet running it stock. Before in that silver chassis I was running a 8320 @ 4.52ghz and that 7970 @ 1125/1575. I also have a 144hz Asus VG248QE which leaves me wanting more GPU power.

Specs from the picture:
    3770k stock
    16gb GKskill 2133
    600gb WD raptor
    7970 @ 1125/1575
    Seasonic 1250W Gold
    Corsair 800D

Found an awesome deal on a 780 classy with an Ek waterblock for 510$ shipped. About to jump on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in to car audio SERIOUS MONEY PIT!! I still am just on a smaller more Sound Quality orientated basis.. No more $5,000 15" woofers and 20,000 watts of power on it
    I lost some herring over it but I was posting up #'s like 160 DB

I really want maggots set up.. I have been eyeing some McIntosh tube amps I just need to get the courage to spend the money on them..

Wood Work and making furniture

Also making grips

Weight lifting.... and a few more

Fishing, walleyes especially! Play a little guitar, tinker in the garage "engineering and manufacturing"

Besides shooting, reloading, hunting, fishing, I like to crawl on big rocks

Attachments

• DSC_1774 (Small).JPG
      DSC_1774 (Small).JPG
      127.3 KB · Views: 15
    • DSC_1775 (Small).JPG
      DSC_1775 (Small).JPG
      126.5 KB · Views: 17
    Last edited:
    I would say hunting, modding out my jeep, training my two yellow labs, and last but certainly not least working with my 7 year old on his mad baseball skills. I am looking foreward to getting into scuba and skydiving.