• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Your top 3 – Least fun group to hang with while shooting/discussing guns? (in forums or IRL)

When shooting, who are the least fun group to hang with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ahh.

People that shoot brakes.

Personal ranges are best ranges.

Too many unsafe and dbags out there.
I shoot a brake. Just saying, hate me now and get it over with.

Actually, I plan to get a can and it will fit on my ASR brake, which doubles as a mount for it.

Ahh.

People that shoot brakes.

Personal ranges are best ranges.

Too many unsafe and dbags out there.
I shoot a brake. Just saying, hate me now and get it over with.

Actually, I plan to get a can and it will fit on my ASR brake, which doubles as a mount for it.

I don't mind people that shoot with braked rifles until they set up next to me when there is lots of room on the line. It's like they do it on purpose if I am the only one at the range when they arrive.

Rather than set up several stations or more from me, they act like I'm parked next to prime shooting real estate and no other spot will do.

It would not be so bad if that was their favorite spot and they were shooting suppressed like I do 90% of the time.

I feel like bringing my flintlock rifle when someone with a brake sets up next to me. I would just put the modern guns away then set up with my flintlock to the artilleryman's left. Now if I could time my shot at about the same time that they are starting to break the trigger.

One group that I checked was ex-military. And I also happen to be a veteran. What I have to laugh at is the veteran that says, "I know a lot about guns. I was in the _____________."

So was I, but the military is only going to train their personnel on the weapons that they are going to use and/or enemy weapons. The military has very limited training on firearms.

I don't want to take away anything from someone that was really a sniper but I can't help but giggle when I see a so-called sniper shoot groups that are the diameter of pie plate. Probably posers or wannabees but still makes me laugh.

The people that think they know everything about shooting are annoying to those of us that really do:)

It's been a long time since I've had anyone shoot with me (other than family).

Sure is nice.

Used to enjoy the camaraderie, now I'm glad I don't have any. Sucks because we should be a community...but the more I look, the more I see a village instead...with an abnormally high rate of idiots (maybe I'm one too).

Reactions: ironpony52
I don't mind people that shoot with braked rifles until they set up next to me when there is lots of room on the line. It's like they do it on purpose if I am the only one at the range when they arrive.

Rather than set up several stations or more from me, they act like I'm parked next to prime shooting real estate and no other spot will do.

It would not be so bad if that was their favorite spot and they were shooting suppressed like I do 90% of the time.

I feel like bringing my flintlock rifle when someone with a brake sets up next to me. I would just put the modern guns away then set up with my flintlock to the artilleryman's left. Now if I could time my shot at about the same time that they are starting to break the trigger.

One group that I checked was ex-military. And I also happen to be a veteran. What I have to laugh at is the veteran that says, "I know a lot about guns. I was in the _____________."

So was I, but the military is only going to train their personnel on the weapons that they are going to use and/or enemy weapons. The military has very limited training on firearms.

I don't want to take away anything from someone that was really a sniper but I can't help but giggle when I see a so-called sniper shoot groups that are the diameter of pie plate. Probably posers or wannabees but still makes me laugh.

The people that think they know everything about shooting are annoying to those of us that really do:)
More often than not, I am at an indoor 100 yard range with 4 lanes and I get lane 4, next to the right hand wall. There are barriers between each bench. They hold the monitor and the carrier controls. So, I am going to get more of the sound than others. But I have made it a habit to wear both ear plugs and cans.

Heck I just try to get by w/o incident, any range.
I usually walk if:
3-4 clowns bring out AR 15's
Cowboy type sporting a holster with a single action ruger
Pistol shooters and no one wears a holster-share a community table
Guy who hauls 5 - 10 guns to a bench area
Hunters annual sight ins, including load dev on the new browning a bolt

Reactions: D_TROS
Actually, I do have something to endure. It can be in or out of the gun world.

I was just discussing with someone something about a totally different matter IRL. He was bragging about being smart and graduated from his university with a 4.0 GPA.

He was trying to school me on the different meaning of words. One of the words he chose was caliber, not knowing I am into firearms. He asked to define it. I said, well, people talk about the caliber of a person, high caliber meaning a man of principle and morals and well-respected.

But that the main definition I know of is that it is the diameter of the bore of a firearm. For example, a 9 mm gun shoots 9 mm bullets. A .357 can shot .38s, etcetera. He still didn't pick up on it. He tried to correct me with his 4.0 GPA. He said caliber was the number of turns in a barrel. I said no, that is the twist rate and could not finish by explaining, for example, a 1:12 twist rate. I was going to explain that means it takes 12 inches to make one complete revolution but it does not describe the diameter of the bore. He asked me to look it up. I did and it said distance between one side of the barrel to the other side, as in, diameter.

He said, no, look at the Oxford Dictionary. Diameter of the bore of the firearm, nothing about the twist or spin.

So, while it was a bit irritating to be shushed, having quiet patience proved to be a sweet reward. Not bad for a dirt bunny who only completed a few years of college with no degree.

But even my own field, I get people acting as if they know more than I do about the subject. Granted, I don't know everything and I learn something new every day. In that case, I still have to be patient and polite. I could piss people off and lose business.

Or, because of my creds, if I don't know a specific thing, then I know nothing at all. So, I just keep my mouth shut and if someone realizes they were the ass, so much the better.
Just so you know, caliber can also describe the length of the bore.
This is typically used in atrillery or naval guns.
For example, the description: USN 16"/50 Mark 7 Mod 0 means that the gun was developed by the Navy of the United States of America, has a bore 16 inches (40.64 cm) in diameter, a bore length of 16 x 50 inches = 800 inches (20.320 m) and is the seventh version of the 16 inch gun and has no modifications to the original Mark 7 design.

A 5"/38 caliber gun would have a bore length of 190 inches

Reactions: Ronws
Well, as it stands, we have for the least fun to either shoot with or be in a forum with…
  1. Fuddly McFudd-Face fags
  2. Pistol “Check 6!” paranoids
  3. Mil/ex-mil “too kool 4skool” 1000yd star elitists
For me, no surprise for the first two. Little surprised at the third.

F-class is apparently where it’s at lol

Maybe I should take the top 5 and make a new poll, only with LEO in it now (since I ran out of poll slots this time).

If I can, I think I’ll close it down unless there is some uprising.

Some fuds at public gun ranges. A Fud with an AR was shooting a target in lane next to. His target was at 50 yards, mine was at 100. He claimed that I was shooting his target. RO comes over and tells me not to shoot his target. His target group side is minute of barn at 50 yards.

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
Some fuds at public gun ranges. A Fud with an AR was shooting a target in lane next to. His target was at 50 yards, mine was at 100. He claimed that I was shooting his target. RO comes over and tells me not to shoot his target. His target group side is minute of barn at 50 yards.
So, you were shooting at his target to make larger groups?

Clever and crafty! :)

• Haha
Reactions: psharon78
You forgot family members that already know everything, yet are asking for help.

Yea, people with brakes. I have a 100 yd. range in my backyard, don't own a rifle with a brake.

I'm a member of a club/range but rarely go there. When I do, it's in the middle of a weekday. Usually 1 or 2 other guys there, if anyone. Only keep the membership cuz it's $15 a year with .mil discount.

Yea, people with brakes. I have a 100 yd. range in my backyard, don't own a rifle with a brake.

I'm a member of a club/range but rarely go there. When I do, it's in the middle of a weekday. Usually 1 or 2 other guys there, if anyone. Only keep the membership cuz it's $15 a year with .mil discount.
I have a brake.

My call sign is Senor Pendejo.

I have a brake too, fuck off if you can't take a little wind blowing at you

People that shoot long range are such a bunch of fucking pussies, are you ALL PRS shooters????

• Love
Reactions: Ronws
The guys in the rimfire forum are about the most dour group of people I can imagine. There’s one in particular that I bet is a blast at parties…

• Love
Reactions: carbonbased
The guys in the rimfire forum are about the most dour group of people I can imagine. There’s one in particular that I bet is a blast at parties…
Yesss! Someone who agrees with me lol!

I’ve cracked jokes over there and I feel like I’m alone on a black stage with the spotlight as my only lonely company.