• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I somehow missed the original 1.7-12x50 threads...
They would need to shed some weight out of that one for it to fit what I want it for.
That would be unfortunate for me as I really would love a ZCO in this mag range.
I am sure it will be fantastic scope otherwise for those not as weight conscience as I am.

I have a VTX LHT FFP. It feels cheap because the mag ring is stupidly stiff and the illumination nipple is silly.
I agree with the above however I'm keeping it on my 6.5 prc for now though because it's stupid light and the glass is good enough for hunting. Not seeing anything else with similar specs and price that are worth the change.

Reactions: Vynz
I agree with the above however I'm keeping it on my 6.5 prc for now though because it's stupid light and the glass is good enough for hunting. Not seeing anything else with similar specs and price that are worth the change.
That's all there really is at the moment.

I’m doing exactly the same and based on the “EU version” if the ZCO doesn’t make significant changes to the US version my creedmoor is going to keep its nipples.

Doesn’t that vortex have zero retention issues ?

Edit

Y’all can keep that. Nx8 etc are better

• Haha
Reactions: godofthunder
Doesn’t that vortex have zero retention issues ?

Edit

Y’all can keep that. Nx8 etc are better

I don’t know and frankly I don’t think anyone can definitively say. It’s all opinion, amateur testing, and circle jerking.

The NX8 is much heavier than I want so no it’s not better. Otherwise I would not be in this thread hoping ZCO makes a lightweight mid-power scope.

Well, I would prefer a silent whisper and being it happen.
:D
In Greece, he spent a year in silence… just to better understand the sound of a whisper
IMG_8869.gif

These things take a lot of time. So no updates as to anything just yet. It's still going to be a while.

Just looked it up.
Gebhard´s last comment in this thread was on July ´22, that´s quite some time ago.

I´ve shot me a meopta optika6 3-18 as a stopgap anyways, but I hope ZCO is still in the making of the 2-16ish holy grail?
;)

If he gives us a lightweight 2-16 with some of these wonderful reticles that ZCO seems to come up with, I'll be shoving cash in his face at Shot Show.

Just looked it up.
Gebhard´s last comment in this thread was on July ´22, that´s quite some time ago.

I´ve shot me a meopta optika6 3-18 as a stopgap anyways, but I hope ZCO is still in the making of the 2-16ish holy grail?
;)

The ZCO 2-16 or S&B 3-18x42 ffp “Alpha MPVO” will still be a ways out…if ever.
Even if they got announced at SHOT, we peons will have to wait probably another year…😔

Reactions: tex68w
Yes, exactly, I want one for my "mid range" hunting rifle.

S&B is a dinosaur.
I wrote to them, begging and argumenting to do the 3-18x42 in FFP, sent them even a link to a thread inhere, talking to them about the bigger market in the US, where almost nobody wants an SFP.
That went back and forth 3 times.
I should call them, blablabla, but I didn´t want a selling talk with a slippery salesman, I wanted that scope in FFP with the MSR2 reticle or likewise.
They won´t move, even when they get hit by a train.
I gave it up on them.

But for the ZCO 2-16, it would be nice to hear from them after 1.5 years, if they are still going strong on this.

In theory they'd sell the hell out of them if they do. CST and others will have back orders for a few years. The ZCO 420 and ATACR 420 are porky for hunting sticks and the ATACR is looooong.

Last edited:
I guess I better chime in again. We have a couple things in the works......the Hunter model which is still being developed and a couple other things. Magnification ranges are still being discussed/determined as well as features and everything else. All this as well as keeping up with market demand for current products and updating things like reticle choices, turret options, etc. We are doing what we can to develop relevant products. I obviously can't share much more than this right now.

Thanks for keeping this thread going, we haven't forgotten about it.

That's nice to see. I have a Tangent Theta 3-15 in my cart right now. Please keep in mind that the majority of us hunters hunt with a 7-8lb rifle, and there are tons of options for heavy (30oz+) and high magnification (18x+) scopes. Would love to see a reticle that's usable at the bottom end without illumination.

Yes, exactly, I want one for my "mid range" hunting rifle.

S&B is a dinosaur.
I wrote to them, begging and argumenting to do the 3-18x42 in FFP, sent them even a link to a thread inhere, talking to them about the bigger market in the US, where almost nobody wants an SFP.
That went back and forth 3 times.
I should call them, blablabla, but I didn´t want a selling talk with a slippery salesman, I wanted that scope in FFP with the MSR2 reticle or likewise.
They won´t move, even when they get hit by a train.
I gave it up on them.

But for the ZCO 2-16, it would be nice to hear from them after 1.5 years, if they are still going strong on this.
Actually, from what I’ve seen probably 75-80% of the hunters in the US use a SFP Leupold, Vortex or Bushnell riflescope.
It’s us FFP hunters who are in the minority.

Actually, from what I’ve seen probably 75-80% of the hunters in the US use a SFP Leupold, Vortex or Bushnell riflescope.
It’s us FFP hunters who are in the minority.

True but it shouldn't have to be that way. I accept the weight penalty of the ATACR in order to have a rugged FFP optic with a clean and simple reticle and good illumination. I'd love to have something 2-16, 3/4-15/18/20 with a 42-44mm objective, rugged build, alpha glass, day time illumination and low profile turrets under 13" long and less than 30oz. I'd pay $3K for that all day.

True but it shouldn't have to be that way. I accept the weight penalty of the ATACR in order to have a rugged FFP optic with a clean and simple reticle and good illumination. I'd love to have something 2-16, 3/4-15/18/20 with a 42-44mm objective, rugged build, alpha glass, day time illumination and low profile turrets under 13" long and less than 30oz. I'd pay $3K for that all day.

You basically just described the Leupold Mk5 3.6-18x44 illuminated. Glass won't be ZCO quality of course. But everything else is g2g.

You basically just described the Leupold Mk5 3.6-18x44 illuminated. Glass won't be ZCO quality of course. But everything else is g2g.
Yes, but...
Stupid turrets, stupid reticles, gold ring confidence [or there lack of...].

In reality Leupold is fine. That's why so many run them.
But people like me want the more usable features and the confidence that's inspired from people like Jeff standing behind the product.

Reactions: dms416 and tex68w
It's the glass and turrets that fall short.
And controls, and FoV, and DoF, and “eyebox”, etc. I’ve had a 3.6-18 Mark 5, and I did like it. But it’s not on the same playing field as ZCO or Tangent in my experience. Overall, I thought the MK5 was competitive to my 4-16x42 ATACR as an overall package, which also is not on the same playing field as ZCO or Tangent.

I bought a MK5HD 3.6-18 with the illuminated TMR reticle to try on my hunting rifle. I like talley lightweight style rings and cannot find any in 35mm for a Win m70. So it sat on the shelf. I picked up a picatinny rail and didn't like it so picked up a 2 piece picatinny rail and still didn't like it.

So far I've ran the ATACR 4-16x42, NX8 2.5-20, Vortex LRH, VX5HD 3-15 and 2-10, MK5HD 3.6-18, bushnell DMR, as well as the NXS 2.5-10x42. Out of all of those I kept the NXS 2.5-10x42.

It's just ok at everything. Although it doesn't will any category, other then it's tracking has been 100%, it's always good enough. It doesn't have a area where it falls flat.

I would be $$$ ahead by buying a scope that is well rounded. From the outside looking in the TT315H is probably the closest on the market to my ideal scope, but I don't like the reticle is only available in the Mil-Dot.

I bought a MK5HD 3.6-18 with the illuminated TMR reticle to try on my hunting rifle. I like talley lightweight style rings and cannot find any in 35mm for a Win m70. So it sat on the shelf. I picked up a picatinny rail and didn't like it so picked up a 2 piece picatinny rail and still didn't like it.

So far I've ran the ATACR 4-16x42, NX8 2.5-20, Vortex LRH, VX5HD 3-15 and 2-10, MK5HD 3.6-18, bushnell DMR, as well as the NXS 2.5-10x42. Out of all of those I kept the NXS 2.5-10x42.

It's just ok at everything. Although it doesn't will any category, other then it's tracking has been 100%, it's always good enough. It doesn't have a area where it falls flat.

I would be $$$ ahead by buying a scope that is well rounded. From the outside looking in the TT315H is probably the closest on the market to my ideal scope, but I don't like the reticle is only available in the Mil-Dot.
I own the NXS 2.5-10x42 also and it is a very nice scope.It is one of the few scopes I will never sell.

Reactions: Bakwa
Love my ZCO420 and my TT315M. Those two just need to bang and give us the love child we want.
🤌🤌

The TT315m is basically “it”. Only wish it were .75-1” shorter, 4 oz lighter and a slightly smaller objective…say 44mm.

And controls, and FoV, and DoF, and “eyebox”, etc. I’ve had a 3.6-18 Mark 5, and I did like it. But it’s not on the same playing field as ZCO or Tangent in my experience. Overall, I thought the MK5 was competitive to my 4-16x42 ATACR as an overall package, which also is not on the same playing field as ZCO or Tangent.

I would agree. I found it useable but after dropping into one after being behind TT glass and S&B lpvos it failed to impress in the respect to the image given. If you were using a mk4 and stepping up, it’s game-changing

Not sure I would take the mk5 on 18x over what my S&B US gives me on 12x setting.

I guess I better chime in again. We have a couple things in the works......the Hunter model which is still being developed and a couple other things. Magnification ranges are still being discussed/determined as well as features and everything else. All this as well as keeping up with market demand for current products and updating things like reticle choices, turret options, etc. We are doing what we can to develop relevant products. I obviously can't share much more than this right now.

Thanks for keeping this thread going, we haven't forgotten about it.
Don’t forget to make it clip on friendly ! Some scopes have much better images with clip
Ons than others.

I don’t know what the recipe is. I’m just a user
The zco 420 and the vortex 1-10 are examples of scopes that have great images / usability with thermal clip ons

Oh I agree with you, no convincing needed here.

The TT315m is basically “it”. Only wish it were .75-1” shorter, 4 oz lighter and a slightly smaller objective…say 44mm.
I could live with it as is with some different reticle options.

I thought about this. We've been talking about this grail crossover optic for a while. Of all the companies who would be most capable of producing this optic given their current products?

I'm going to say Kahles. They have access to great glass and light weight designs via Swaro and Kahles controls/turrets/illumination are just fine. They have produced a good reticle or two as well. But would they do it?

I know you would never see anything like what we want released under the Swaro brand but I think maybe Kahles could pull it off.

I thought about this. We've been talking about this grail crossover optic for a while. Of all the companies who would be most capable of producing this optic given their current products?

I'm going to say Kahles. They have access to great glass and light weight designs via Swaro and Kahles controls/turrets/illumination are just fine. They have produced a good reticle or two as well. But would they do it?

I know you would never see anything like what we want released under the Swaro brand but I think maybe Kahles could pull it off.

I could live with that….they probably would stick with a 4x ratio as they don’t tend to swing for the fences in that area.

I would say ZCO and Vortex AMG, too many others don’t seem to get it. Probably because of their Fudd Focus Groups 😏 Best right now is probably the March 1.5-15 with updated reticle, it is impressing me more and more.

I would say ZCO and Vortex AMG, too many others don’t seem to get it. Probably because of their Fudd Focus Groups 😏 Best right now is probably the March 1.5-15 with updated reticle, it is impressing me more and more.

Do you mean the "christmas tree" reticle?

This might keep me from buying a Leupy 2-10.