• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise Optic update

My thanks to @CSTactical for a very pleasant shopping experience. It was quite refreshing to actually talk to someone knowledgeable.

This is one sexy scope.

338BD6F8-A1E4-4A6E-A011-EF51F265D67D.jpeg
D2220443-1C68-4FA8-9917-C87307F00744.jpeg
D2220443-1C68-4FA8-9917-C87307F00744.jpeg

Money well spent bro you will not regret it.I love my 4X20 and will get another one.What reticle did you get?

Reactions: CSTactical
I love my Tangent Theta. The accuracy, sound, feel and ease of setting zero on the turrets is second to none. I read several reviews that lowered my expectations on the ZCO turrets. The sound, feel and accuracy of the ZCO turrets is certainly different but inferior isn't my first impression. I could see how some might prefer them. The tension on parallax and magnification are about as perfect for me of any scope I've used.

I love my Tangent Theta. The accuracy, sound, feel and ease of setting zero on the turrets is second to none. I read several reviews that lowered my expectations on the ZCO turrets. The sound, feel and accuracy of the ZCO turrets is certainly different but inferior isn't my first impression. I could see how some might prefer them. The tension on parallax and magnification are about as perfect for me of any scope I've used.
Those turrets comparison are just preference..i like the tool less options on theta it is also more tactile clicks but i much prefer parallex on zc..IMO it comes down to which reticles suit your type of shooting

Are there any sunshades that work with the 5-27? I thought someone mentioned another brand shade screwed on but didn't sit full flush as the threaded part was longer on the shade. Anyone else have info on this or know of a shade that works?

Or even an ARD that I could gut would work.

Edit... CST has ARDs available

Last edited:
Reactions: seansmd
That is a sweet looking setup.You are going love that scope.I have the ZC4x20 and want another one.

Reactions: gebhardt02
I'm only getting 20 mils of elevation after I get my zero. Went through the procedure of disengaging the zero stop and then went back to sight in. Still only getting 20 mils.

Rifle is an Impact with 20 moa base. What am I missing?

I'm only getting 20 mils of elevation after I get my zero. Went through the procedure of disengaging the zero stop and then went back to sight in. Still only getting 20 mils.

What were you expecting? I usually end up with 23-24mils with a 30moa base. 10moa = about 3 mils...

The total mils of elevation in them is 35 mils. Without any cant to a base, you should have half up, and half down (17.5 mils)
A 20 moa base is roughly 6 mils, so in a perfect world, you should have about 23.5 mils of adjustment. You're not far off.
But, I could be wrong.

Not criticizing the optic. I love it. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something

If you ever find that you don't want it...just send it my way....I've been to the blood bank 14 times to help finance my future one....starting to get a little woozy now...I best sit down...SOMEONE GOT A COOKIE?

Anyone else come forward with a 0 MOA LOW mount for these yet. Im really kicking around the idea, but I can only keep 1 tier scope, so it bounces between 2 rifles and a mount vs rings really helps with that.

AFAIK, the SPUHR IMS 1.18" 0 MOA is the only option right now???

What height? Spuhr mounts come in 1.18" 0 MOA
yea, thats the height I use, and thats the only option i currently know of. Just curious if theres any others yet. For hunting applications, id prefer a lighter mount (actually the spuhr hunter is a great mount, but not offered in 36 yet)

yea, thats the height I use, and thats the only option i currently know of. Just curious if theres any others yet. For hunting applications, id prefer a lighter mount (actually the spuhr hunter is a great mount, but not offered in 36 yet)

There are .94" ARC rings, but no lower than Spuhr mounts I am aware of.

The total mils of elevation in them is 35 mils. Without any cant to a base, you should have half up, and half down (17.5 mils)
A 20 moa base is roughly 6 mils, so in a perfect world, you should have about 23.5 mils of adjustment. You're not far off.
But, I could be wrong.
I disagree, I would say 20 mils is "far" off from 23.5 mils, especially if one is trying to eek out as much possible travel. Even with tolerances between rail, mount, scope, etc. I shouldn't expect it to be that far off, it would be worth calling ZCO and seeing what they say. They have excellent CS and quick turnaround time if you do need to send it in.

Reactions: plong
I wonder if ZC will have something new at shot show.
I'm hoping they have a new reticle, one with dots in the Christmas tree instead of solid lines.

But maybe an LPVO with a larger objective than most might be a nice scope to see from them.

Searching the thread didn't give me an answer (yet?), what model Tenebraex covers do we need for the ZC527?

Thank you, going by that for the ZCO scopes we need either:

ZC527:
56FCR-001BK1 = 56mm adapter ring with flip-up cover
56ARD-001BK1 = 56mm Anti-Reflection Device
40mmFC-FCV = Ocular flip-up cover

ZC420:
50FCR-001BK1 = 50mm adapter ring with flip-up cover
50ARD-001BK1 = 50mm Anti-Reflection Device
40mmFC-FCV = Ocular flip-up cover

In case you don't check in on our Facebook page, here is a link to it where we just posted the abusive scope testing that Adam Cloaninger did much earlier this year.

Part one is the testing. Part two is a separate post with the down range results.

Thanks for posting Nick, on Frank's podcast he mentioned he did a video, I was wondering if that was every going to make it into the wild.