• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise Optic update

How about some thoughts on the turrets, or a video on them?

As soon as this shutdown is over (and someone buys my k318i), I’ll have a zco and we will put it side by side with TT, Schmidt, Minox, Kahles.

Reactions: Basher

As soon as this shutdown is over (and someone buys my k318i), I’ll have a zco and we will put it side by side with TT, Schmidt, Minox, Kahles.

A couple buddies are getting their ZCOs in tomorrow and there will be comparisons to these.

How about some through the scope pics of the mpct1 reticle?

Still debating on which reticle to go with (let’s be honest, I’ll get both, but picking which one first).

Reactions: CSTactical

Paging @arm017 for your thoughts...

Paging @arm017 for your thoughts...

You mean like this? @Dthomas3523

147B7B56-98F5-48CB-8C55-468EE78FEA33.jpeg
0EE75070-3D91-44D2-B68C-95D387F2D7F3.jpeg
D73B7F31-8319-4272-AE9F-224011E2CF6F.jpeg
0367CAB3-D48A-4D6E-8B5F-6CC34DFD65E3.jpeg

So my eyes are seeing slightly better resolution from the bottom picture which is Tangent Theta correct?

Reactions: exoto1225
I'm curios to look thru ZCO, Would like to compare it to TT. TT still hold's #1 spot for me, had Minox and it's almost good glass quality as TT but truest were drifting on my ZP5 Minox and CS tactical took really good care of me but i returned Scope. TT still holding #1 spot, would like to see how good is ZCO 5-27 comparing to TT.

Within the next year I will be in the market for another scope. I have a minox Zp5 which I really like now butnmay consider the zco or a tangent theta. I have looked through and felt a tangent theta and the turrets alone almost make it with the price. The parallax at first was confusing because it didn’t seem to be doing anything as I adjusted it. Didn’t know they were parallax free beyond 200 yards or so. My eyes have a hard time really telling the difference between the glass so at the high end they kind of all look close enough for me so it may come down to turrets and reticle. The parallax on the tt is also a major selling point. It would be nice to never have to touch it or worry about it during a match.

Reactions: LakuNoc
My eyes have a hard time really telling the difference between the glass so at the high end they kind of all look close enough for me so it may come down to turrets and reticle.

While the Minox *might* look as good as the Tangent when it comes to color or CA, if you have good vision you will definitely notice a difference in resolution, especially at the top end of the mag range. Also if you have cataracts (not sure how old you are), a bright scope like the Minox might look better than a Schmidt, where someone with really good eyes might appreciate the extra resolution of the Schmidt even though it's not quite as bright. In short, these top tier scopes are so good that they are almost all limited by your own vision...

Interestingly I’ve compared the TT and Minox extensively and can find almost no difference in glass quality. With my samples I see a slight difference in contrast but not overall resolution. I’ve used various scenes and resolution charts and light conditions.

I have perfect vision.

I would have wagered when I did these comparisons that the designs are closely related.

Seems everyone sees things differently.

Not saying you’re one of them at all, but many get caught up playing favorites in their own head or because of perceived quality to cost.

If ZCO can optically compete with either scope and has perfect tracking, with locking turrets, huge elevation, it will be hard to beat.

Glass, turrets and over all scope the whole picture i think it will be hard to beat TT for Years. Minox is so far closest in glass clarity to TT but turrets and other stuff no comparison. Just my opinion everybody is different. ZCO will see what ppl have to say give it time don't jump to conclusions yet about ZCO.

Interestingly I’ve compared the TT and Minox extensively and can find almost no difference in glass quality. With my samples I see a slight difference in contrast but not overall resolution. I’ve used various scenes and resolution charts and light conditions.

I have perfect vision.

I would have wagered when I did these comparisons that the designs are closely related.

Seems everyone sees things differently.

Not saying you’re one of them at all, but many get caught up playing favorites in their own head or because of perceived quality to cost.

If ZCO can optically compete with either scope and has perfect tracking, with locking turrets, huge elevation, it will be hard to beat.

Well, to be honest your ZP5 vs TT525 thread was what led myself and a buddy to give the ZP5 a try. We each bought one and were both ready to drink the koolaid. So much so that after we compared them to multiple examples of TT and Schmidts, we thought we must have had two bad examples of the ZP5, so my buddy another brand new one, and it too was not as good as the Tangents or even the Schmidts. Then we got more opinions, and everyone else also agreed there was no question, TT > Schmidt > Minox overall optically. At 15x there really wasn't a clear winner, they are all stunning, and I'd almost give a nod to Minox because the color and contrast are so good, but in the 20x-25x range, the separation really happened in terms of eye box, resolution, depth of field, and mirage control. In the end my buddy sold both of his Minox, but I kept mine. It's plenty good and since I'm a lefty I had to remove all of the illum knobs from the three Schmidts, I figured keeping it around for night time stuff would be worth while.

I agree with Ite82 TT is still the king of scopes in my books. I had Minox Zp5 and returned it, thank you to CS tactical they are awesome to deal with. My Minox elevation turret were drifting right out of the box, other than that it was good for that $$$. If your turret is good keep it if you happy with it, i must of had just lemon one. For the $$$ Minox is good scope over all but don't kid your self its no TT. Just my opinion and my eyes.

Reactions: lte82
Glass, turrets and over all scope the whole picture i think it will be hard to beat TT for Years. Minox is so far closest in glass clarity to TT but turrets and other stuff no comparison. Just my opinion everybody is different. ZCO will see what ppl have to say give it time don't jump to conclusions yet about ZCO.

Agreed for the most part. If they would have either not made the center dot huge (bigly?), or, made it closer to a mil hash reticle (dots and hashes don’t work for me), I’d probably own 3-5 TTs.

Main reason I’ll be going zco over the TT is the reticles.

Same can be said for Schmidt. Stop avoiding making a normal tree/mil has reticle.

Agreed for the most part. If they would have either not made the center dot huge (bigly?), or, made it closer to a mil hash reticle (dots and hashes don’t work for me), I’d probably own 3-5 TTs.

Main reason I’ll be going zco over the TT is the reticles.

Same can be said for Schmidt. Stop avoiding making a normal tree/mil has reticle.

Seriously, I'm not even a huge fan of the tree reticles but the demand is more than a little obvious.

Even with a non tree reticle like skmr1 or mpct1, I’d only run TT.

Definitely going ZCO in a couple months. The 35 mils of elevation and all of the other top tier qualities are just too good to pass up.

Reactions: CSTactical
So I don't know if I missed it scrolling through the pages, but has anyone compared the 2 reticles side by side at a range? I'm curious to know the benefits of one over the other when it comes to hunting in the field.

So I don't know if I missed it scrolling through the pages, but has anyone compared the 2 reticles side by side at a range? I'm curious to know the benefits of one over the other when it comes to hunting in the field.

There are pics of both reticles in the thread. They are identical on the main horizontal and vertical.

Got to play with the ZCO scopes at SHOT yesterday. Reticle looked great and the turrets felt excellent. The scopes were relatively light too. Jeff says that ZCO is second only to Kahles on weight. Difficult (or impossible) to really judge the optical quality inside a convention hall, but certainly looked good. I’ll be ordering one soon.

Reactions: dmtsc
Second only to kahles in weight??

I wonder what his criteria is? Lots of lighter optics out there. Though I’m not sure why anyone in the target market for zcomp cares about its weight.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Second only to kahles in weight??

I wonder what his criteria is? Lots of lighter optics out there. Though I’m not sure why anyone in the target market for zcomp cares about its weight.

The conversation was centered on high end 6-24ish optics with large diameter tubes, I.e. Kahles, S&B, TT, Vortex, etc...

I absolutely care about weight. Is it the number one deciding factor, of course not, but other things equal I certainly consider weight.

Got to play with the ZCO scopes at SHOT yesterday. Reticle looked great and the turrets felt excellent. The scopes were relatively light too. Jeff says that ZCO is second only to Kahles on weight. Difficult (or impossible) to really judge the optical quality inside a convention hall, but certainly looked good. I’ll be ordering one soon.

We have different opinions and I’ll leave it at that. I will agree with you on the reticle however. It looks great.

They are almost 1/2 of a pound heavier than a MK5, which is lighter than a K624I...

They are almost 1/2 of a pound heavier than a MK5, which is lighter than a K624I...

I don’t think anyone is putting the mk5 in a discussion with zco, kahles, Schmidt, TT, etc.

I wouldn’t put vortex in the convo either. Only reason it gets brough up is its weight and because it’s so widely used. But it’s definitely not in the same tier.

Last edited:
@koshkin

Haven’t had time to watch your FB videos on shot yet.

What are your thoughts after messing with the production model of zcomp? I understand it was limited time with the optic. Just curious as to your first impressions.

Maybe it's just me but weight wasn't even in my thought process as we were waiting for this release. For me, any scope in a 5-25 or 6-24 range is going on a rifle I'm primarily shooting prone and not having to carry. I'm not sure I would have even been happy if the weight of the ZCO was considerably lighter than other comparable scopes as I would suspect there would be an adverse trade off that may affect performance or durability. No free lunch.