• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise Optic update

I shot a short video that should answer a lot of the initial questions

I did a tall target test, passed at 100%
IMG_20190117_105400.jpg

IMG_20190117_104829.jpg

This is at 100 yards, with 400 yards being the berm with the red and white truing target on it

Then I mounted and shot it

IMG_20190117_114810.jpg

Here is a cow @ about 400 yards. ZCO and USO LR-17. Sorry I failed and took the ZCO pic @ 27x and the USO is only 17x... oops. The mirage was really bad today. It's hard to tell and I’m sure the camera on my phone does not do this justice, but the detail on the cow really comes through in real life. I will be the first to admit I am not an optics expert nor do I have any experience with high-end optics. This is my first top tier scope. The next best thing I have owned was a Vortex gen II razor.
Q5e1k6ZaeDgFG7xuLKYev1hSKrLg9KaCpRLkDnijvIW2b7LBKgCHMCIHVp6D35XSmS9_7j-iMCtlnfDOOJfnUFr7Cr27JWJCci2u6gYKRjaN0JQ8D7kHyOdVMuZCjWhdsZihW5XwWp2XRnfCwJTDROwZ74Gg5_kocBG8DA15sNsnGPJvkb3BvLVZAr1FvbkD70EfQQAvSKkthCjmr3cb9jJc63Y82SR6PUFv17JBX_wr-e1wwGvzaRvBRPB5ihLnT4OdqHnXC_KuIlY9aM1LuZTKnkFcbreMh1cqYZ6kKvv8a5ffbqW1RBBQqM-Mo4tr9Qix1Jc662SmtvQVFWzQeAW1zKGPdEEiP21rUEpqqlIGzjEeXf3HomFoFdek_tfr0CaO54_4AzGFMYly-vDuOl4FZfDCFOM-s1OT4XmwbeEvvWW7Q25c8gUk6FklsrIhz-dpgVQhK2uFZilEfOqFK-zCAIrTDaQ-7juRm-f4h3CGIfuFhk7RLbS-Uqh8NGuW6pl8pWuEBOwfdDzT2vvt-0Tu0u597k39iznREFcsOCL6gyWBNWUpKbgEgLyrQEu-Hv_7vb-BPBHuWSG1yZiFid0QSCwROhNwTRKkMLBlz_lhES9vJLuqk7tHuSdnbdxh-WXWzyYYBbJabTvBvQx_D9SyDeislpZyvTnUE2EE1KllcsXRrWSbqgfKQ2SzFl2YWruZU84_nl0BsYDHdQ=w1267-h1227-no

USO same cow
L4jGNh9RV_M2UgJG09hNMmukhl2ezhjdytYEhNIIwzx8g88VkQ7a3stY21dZRQeX8f2KUU7eOZeK1GFwSFYjhUf9TjjuLr1YYj0l08nR4BkWeka20uWx6CujhADbjV5FRfdasanv3_XBOksS_L5iogJQTO4ZZHgqPWZD3h0EN9AA4LyR4VAjy4cwke4euS7Mtq28KUNF145NVka9NxBVz2YYJ3KTC_yYX3iQwzETrITLI3vkrmrvpXIs0Q8H9Xf2iWsZzG9aR03GYwgrGR8Sl9BrqmaixhfqCen7HGmuds7qgcn86YWfOJFuccojJTBU2WtHK70fn4jYPoRxKPm6CQijEF2gOycFtPUOHv5R32r3PxjOeMiMkcMD1Sa3oJaZt66FwqDjQtT9ouphEADAEGKp1wR8zC6NxjwvfJ7RxVXACM9kT97Y7eTPqMG6jfwty-SXqovC3xreUtpSGiG-K5NcFWkmX5iJc2kjYF9Cn5N4WnSjljfZ-92EeyiZKtiFzpbxlbGoIw37C9eKiZ_Gczp4M5XKRu189-emyvUr416PU3CFZD0-dynUJ3OV8ylmHYHZ08ehSNGrkvRWmT6Ht2eCJ8MY3BhAH96dc4-ihTFcFEnb6S9xbA8vwQ_lWsifyZOaPFbXGKgmYg1ZTdgwQVeVDSHoGfQXYbh3yX99g0gP4thl8fFeiOxLdu8uop8UCJX1orhKuKTSuqCFSQ=w1379-h1227-no

My initial impressions are very good. One minor gripe I would have is in the elevation turret. The turret is a bit spongy on my sample. It’s not bad, it’s just not as sharp as I would prefer. I know that people have varying opinions on this. The windage turret, however, feels really nice. I really wish the elevation clicks felt like the windage ones. Not sure if this is just on mine or if they are all like that. The eye box seems to be good. I don’t have any issues getting behind it. I would say it’s much more forgiving than my USO.

I plan on testing the tracking, was just a little short on time today. I have a scope humbler similar to the one Frank has. It zeroed without issue and I shot it out to 1000 and back with no problems.

Mounted on a manners T2 if anyone is curious.
zxcZ7sK0vrShJFNGshrba07qx3hCvtf0BD7Os8voKmACU7wY0pxoSFOqUOjmYsxM7nudgHmkehkY-QwbRSCTBzgKzMPQGv500hJZ5Eo2Lm0ORH5cUjIQ2PEOwrEMGv9gLoEW1-YNb71wBX7bPGtCe_xHWWvCstmHYPnUSt-QqBaiXbGVGtRGek-X2_qOJf13XVu9woqHvnUlOCbIkoP_jjFwsvZM94sY014VMGVrr3by1gb88mbLDwcrIgKm5mrVrdImS9g9HEG2btv10HZTj4UWvXwuCi0amNpw9ZeMDAY0K59eNmXZzjKx9D37DNXRKKD2hya0PWJk5NoOVJRyKqPSGsCYZhSZCPVMaQsHnOcpQDJc86lrD4ghOsQsUwQbRwVicnlVuEimDQeh2iZR4XHNlGql3WXW_6cQ4J-DyTJClaLPF945jhMiHZ-4L5DC9_rSzM5HqnrXWZj2AOC2jrkA2z2J3PxIeu6s0Z3KdfQWf8g35HqexRs3CdRli1ctwJMzl-khXzusUMyFkgfkxmbxQp15SqZKtRpnzC-cEa4JsuRjqx3BoUHSxsBk7dLhSdC05JHkwuu-x80mSKwM5A-CjFTm9DcINBzGtGR97iI9vCNQPIGaT9t0TROvtOgSSp87MCxTq3e5kFut-LJEZGAcTtb80a-2kJRxeQTrs6q8iqiunxy3X9hfRRCwjWdOBzVIS88St-z0uZ0xTA=w1636-h1227-no

Last edited:
Frank, how is the reticle across the magnification range? It's one thing that the reticle looks good at max magnification but becomes worthless half way down or more. Meaning, when you zoom out are the hash marks so small that they become worthless half or more than half way down or are they still useable (not for ranging but holds) most of the way or all the way zoomed out?

Frank, how is the reticle across the magnification range? It's one thing that the reticle looks good at max magnification but becomes worthless half way down or more. Meaning, when you zoom out are the hash marks so small that they become worthless half or more than half way down or are they still useable (not for ranging but holds) most of the way or all the way zoomed out?

.2 mils is .2 mils no matter what the magnification is on. It will look similar to any other .2 based reticle like the skmr1/3 etc. I’ve found with .2 mil reticles they don’t become really “usable” until about 13-15x but depends how good your eyes are and what precision you’re looking for. .5 mil reticles I can usually use down to about 10x to make .5 mil holds

.2 mils is .2 mils no matter what the magnification is on. It will look similar to any other .2 based reticle like the skmr1/3 etc. I’ve found with .2 mil reticles they don’t become really “usable” until about 13-15x but depends how good your eyes are and what precision you’re looking for. .5 mil reticles I can usually use down to about 10x to make .5 mil holds

With a simpler reticle like the GAP/G2/G3 variants, you can actually use them much farther down than that if your eyes are up to the task. One of the upsides to not having a tree, if your "mission" or use doesn't require one. ;)

I know .2 mil width is the same regardless of the magnification but what I'm referring to is the length of the lines. I'm referring to the length of the .2 hash marks. If they are too short, say .10mil in length they would be worthless below about 15X thus making the reticle only good at the upper end of the range.

I have a “simple” gen 2XR Schmidt and about 10-12x is as far as I’d push it as being usable. Anything below that I simple use like a duplex which is fine since if I’m that low my shots are inside 200-250 and I don’t even need to hold wind. This is all speaking in a PRS context where shots are rushed. If I had all day behind the scope yes I could take my time and be a bit more precise with it. My rule of thumb for really any reticle in PRS if I’m using it for holds is around 14-15x. Never needed any less in a match to my memory.

I know .2 mil width is the same regardless of the magnification but what I'm referring to is the length of the lines. I'm referring to the length of the .2 hash marks. If they are too short, say .10mil in length they would be worthless below about 15X thus making the reticle only good at the upper end of the range.

Ahhhhh sorry I misunderstood you. Good point. The EBR-7 has pretty Long hashes. Some look shorter similar to a h2cmr

Reactions: Flyingbullseye
Pictures look amazing. I like the reticle. Call me when they get down to $1500 used in a decade, and I'm in.

Seems as of right now, it’s 36/3500 depending on model. These things are going to be sold out for quite a while. I wouldn’t expect any discounts as I’m sure they have a lot of expenses to attempt to recoup.

Reactions: gconnoyer
Cant wait for a full technical review(s)! Great job ZCO.
I know ill buy these scope no doubt..ive learned my lesson doing pre ordering couple k525 and sb lrr when just released...youre not just paying the peak price but also getting a scope you know nothing about :) ill wait for few review....

Last edited:
Is this real and is it in writing somewhere?
As I stated it was mentioned, there is nothing official from ZCO which is why I asked. Most likely we will not see any discounts other than contacting the Hide dealers and asking what's the best they can do for the time being.

Sorry if I missed it, but besides Spuhr(?), who is making 36mm rings? I really like ARC m10's! Thanks

I haven't tried a "Tier One" mount yet nor have I tried the Era Tac, but hope to check these out soon.

Mounting options I am personally aware of and use that come in 36mm are MasterPiece Arms, Spuhr, and American Rifle Co., in no specific order. All of these options are very high quality.

MK Machining is making scope mounted bubble levels in 36mm for those that want a scope mounted level.

Another Tier One scope ring.

Attachments

• tac-rings-1_1800x_574e9e23-792a-4cbe-9dde-34194628806d_1800x.jpg
    tac-rings-1_1800x_574e9e23-792a-4cbe-9dde-34194628806d_1800x.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 100
I bought the Spuhr however I’ve used the ARC rings and wouldn’t hesitate for a second to use them...

Just received the 1st one on the islands(pretty sure). Sucker is legit! Can someone link which tenabrex covers will work with zco 5-27x56 scope? Mahalo.

Reactions: JPOPS and Troy G
little confused about how to set this zero stop any videos yet. I looked at the instruction sheet but still not so sure(z527)

Loosen the 2 set screws, rotate the knob back to zero. If you are on the 2nd rev, the turn brings the indicator down. The zero stop appears to be solid at .4 or .5 under zero. SIMPLE.
I also want to know

I also want to know

Don’t take this as official, but it appears to have a couple set screws.

Loosen them and rotate turret back to zero. It has a fixed zero stop at .5 below.

Does your optic not appear to work that way?

little confused about how to set this zero stop any videos yet. I looked at the instruction sheet but still not so sure(z527)

The Return 2 Zero is built into the elevation cap itself, nothing to mess around with internally therefore no worry about getting dirt/debris inside. As MTEM stated, just loosen the two set screws, rotate the turret back to zero, push back into position and tighten the set screws. After that you'll have 0.5 mils below "0" for easier adjustment if the zero needs slightly adjusted later on for ammo change, altitude, whatever.

The Return 2 Zero is built into the elevation cap itself, nothing to mess around with internally therefore no worry about getting dirt/debris inside. As MTEM stated, just loosen the two set screws, rotate the turret back to zero, push back into position and tighten the set screws. After that you'll have 0.5 mils below "0" for easier adjustment if the zero needs slightly adjusted later on for ammo change, altitude, whatever.

Awesome, clear and easily understandable instructions that don't read like a phd thesis. Kudos!

For the ZC527: Tenebraex objective adapter ring part number 56ART-001BK1; Objective cap part number SB5603-FCV; Ocular cap part number 40mmFC-FCV.

If you are looking for an ARD, that part number is 56ARD-001BK1

Hope that helps.

Found ocular and objective covers no problem. Can't find the objective adapter. A google search for the part # doesn't turn up anything. Any other way to find this part?

For the ZC527: Tenebraex objective adapter ring part number 56ART-001BK1; Objective cap part number SB5603-FCV; Ocular cap part number 40mmFC-FCV.

If you are looking for an ARD, that part number is 56ARD-001BK1

Hope that helps.

Read my mind was just gonna ask ya this