• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise Optic update

The 5-27 was worth the wait, wow. This is a huge step up from my NF 2.5-10x42 (I know, not a fair comparison, but it's all I've got around me right now). It's also noticeably nicer than a lot of other scopes I've looked through (Vortex, other NF, even S&B), though I'm not able to do a side-by-side, just going from memory, but it definitely is up there with all the best.

The turrets feel great; elevation and windage both. It's going to take me a bit to get used to how fine the clicks are, I'm used to a much larger spacing. The illumination gets quite bright, and the glass is as clean as can be. I'm very sensitive to CA, and I don't see it even with high contrast scenes. I'll get it mounted up tomorrow and see about getting it out to the range (waiting on some rosin). I love the MPCT2 reticle, too.

Last edited:
My ZCO 527 arrived this morning. Already got it mounted up on my spurh mount. I couldn’t be happier. I’m really glad I went with ZCO and Spurh. Thanks to Troy at Mile Hile for getting me new scope ASAP. Now I need to load some ammo and hit the range.

My ZCO 527 arrived this morning. Already got it mounted up on my spurh mount. I couldn’t be happier. I’m really glad I went with ZCO and Spurh. Thanks to Troy at Mile Hile for getting me new scope ASAP. Now I need to load some ammo and hit the range.
We all want pictures!

Reactions: [email protected]
We all want pictures!

Not RS14, but here's a picture of my current setup with ZCO 527 w/ AADMOUNT caps, in a Spuhr 6601, on a 20MOA Impact 737r (about 40MOA total elevation):

Got out with my 4-20 this weekend for some hog hunting. One thing that has not been talked much about in this thread is the illumination. I love the AIM function on this scope as well as being able to switch the color from red to green.
The scope gathers light very well, I was able to use the ZCO about 20 minutes later than my Swaro EL’s which gathers light very well. Once the reticle started washing out as it got dark I switched on the illumination, it was very easy to dial in without any bleeding. I was using a green light and the red illumination worked extremely well. I watched several deer but unfortunately no hogs!
All in all I am extremely satisfied with every aspect of this scope, it performs as advertised and worth every penny!

Anyone know which ARC rings to order for the 5-27 on Defiance 20MOA w/ Marksman contour barrell?
Thanks

Anyone know which ARC rings to order for the 5-27 on Defiance 20MOA w/ Marksman contour barrell?
Thanks
I’ve got the spuhr 1.18” with a 20moa mount. It fits good and would work with your setup. The ARC 1.10 should work as well. 1.26 if you wanna play it safe. Or to be positive you could measure it out and use the website to make sure.

Reactions: DellaDog
Anyone find a compatible threaded sun screen for the objective for these? Or someone here on the hide spin some up with the proper threading?

Reactions: RS14
So after almost dropping a fully loaded ARC mag directly into the objective lens of my ZC527 at a match last weekend....I need caps now!!!

Which model or size Tanabraex do I need?

• Wow
Reactions: MOUNTIC
So after almost dropping a fully loaded ARC mag directly into the objective lens of my ZC527 at a match last weekend....I need caps now!!!

I need some too and the ARD. Call or email Mile High or CS Tactical for Tenebraex caps, they've both got them. Gotta call CS for the ARD. Neither have them listed on their websites that I know of.

Reactions: Moose
I like Tenabraex but aadmount is as good as it gets in lens caps.

Love the color of that stock and that zc 4x20 looks great on the rifle.

Thanks. Been 7 months on the rifle and it just showed up today. Had a 3-20US for it originally but I wanted to try a ZCO. Excited to get it out and see what it will do. I have high expectations for this scope. And the rifle also.

Troy at Mile High did all the work for me. But this is what was on my invoice for my Tenebraex caps for my ZC 527

Tenebraex:40MMFC-FCV

Tenebraex:SB5603-FCV

56ART-001BK1

You are going to be spoiled rotten by the ZC4X20.Mine is a dream to work with I love everything about the scope.Good luck with your new setup.

All roads have led me to here.

I really just want a SB 5-20 US but since the reticles they offer are garbage and since no other ultra short with NF of better glass and that maxes out at x20 has .2 mill subtensions and a floating dot the ZCO420 is pretty much it yeah?

Is the red illumination daylight bright? I shoot into a lot of wooded areas with shadows so that’d be a really nice feature to use sometimes.
Is the green illumination bright enough to use at sunset or only after sunset?

Curious, what reticle are you looking for? I have a SB 3-20 US with a Tremor 3 reticle, but had quite a few reticles to choose from before selecting that one.

Anything modern and relevant.

The 3-20 US has a lot of reticle options but unfortunately none of them are modern or any good. The only ones with a floating dot and .2 mill hashes along the whole vertical and horizontal are the Horus reticles and they’re just a cluttered mess.

MPCT 1&2 both look pretty good. They did a good job with them to satisfy pretty much everything the modern shooter wants/expects.
If you don't need a tree reticle the MSR2 is pretty nice in the 3-20, but I hear you, Schmidt is pretty lacking for a decent reticle. For what you're asking for, it does sound like the ZC420 is the best for you, there is certainly no other scope with as good of glass that offers 20x and ultra short with .2 mil hash reticle. If you want to go cheaper there are some other options.

The GR2ID reticle is really growing on me. I am sure they will eventually offer it in other models. It does work very well in the 5-25x

ILya
That's impressive coming from you, I know your disdain for fishing net reticles :D

Just mounted up the 4-20 mpct2 from @CSTactical on the 300 PRC. Excited to use this thing finally.
Not to derail, but you have nice taste in rifles. Mine of course doesn't have the glass I wanted on it. I had a chance to look through both ZCO models at the SH cup and they are all they are cracked up to be. VERY NICE optic.

Attachments

• prs1.jpg
    prs1.jpg
    601.9 KB · Views: 229
Anybody know whether or not ZCO has plans to release a 1-8 for the 3 gun/IPSC market some time in the future?