• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Our goats are pets, no breading or milking, just spoiled pets!

IMG_1815-001-XL.jpg

Good stuff. Im all for kids having some adversity, but that bone chilling winter rain is one to skip.

Or at least till they are older....

Seems I see some who have never dealt with much suck, small or large, and small stuff causes a panic and freak out akin to the Russians hitting the coasts with nukes.
Chick in my office is that way. She is 30. And doesnt know to not talk with her mouth full....?

30 is the new 12, bunch of babies now days. I make my kids wait for the bus everyday unless the weather is awful or I just feel like giving them a ride to school. I rode the bus until I was 17 and could afford my own car, walked 1/2 mile down the drive every day rain,snow, sleet, or shine. Seems I groomed myself for a job at the post office!

Oh, the joys of home ownership.

P2060711.JPG

When one lives in a house built during the peak of the Cold War these things can be expected. The snake on this rental is 50' long, the 80' model was to big for the pipe. Wish somebody would make a pressure washer wand with a 100' flexible tip. 1500 PSI would move a lot of shit.

View attachment 7243107

When one lives in a house built during the peak of the Cold War these things can be expected. The snake on this rental is 50' long, the 80' model was to big for the pipe. Wish somebody would make a pressure washer wand with a 100' flexible tip. 1500 PSI would move a lot of shit.
Just did the same thing with my father in-law not too long ago.
As for the pressure washer deal, they do make them.

Reactions: Barneybdb
The Sewer Snake Adventure, Part II. What got drug out.

P2060714.JPG

Roots. Somewhere in that 50' there's a crack(s). This job is not done. @Mooseknuckles, thanks for the link, I see they make a 100' model. I could splice in another 50 footer and get out to the main pipe in the middle of the street, already own a pressure washer.

This saga will be continued at a later date.....

View attachment 7243107

Or it would plug it up worse.
Did you try going in from the other direction?
Sometimes it works better

If you still have that machine on hand, put a root cutter on the end of it and cut that root ball clean.
Remember where it contacts the root at and you won't need to dig the entire thing up unless you plan on replacing all of it.

Personally, I'd rent a tiny backhoe and replace everything to the sewer.

Or it would plug it up worse.
Did you try going in from the other direction?
Sometimes it works better

To the best of my knowledge, going the other direction is from the main in the street.

If you still have that machine on hand, put a root cutter on the end of it and cut that root ball clean.
Remember where it contacts the root at and you won't need to dig the entire thing up unless you plan on replacing all of it.

Personally, I'd rent a tiny backhoe and replace everything to the sewer.

The plan going forward:
Flush root killer down the toilet. Wait a few days. If needed, move up to the 80' unit with the root cutter, or invest in a pressure washer line with the rotary nozzle. Cost either way would be about the same, it's two 90 mile round trips to rent the sewer snake. A backhoe and line replacement would be the best, except I'd have to go through my driveway.

Thanks for advice. In the meantime, I'll keep flailing away.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Tunnel under the driveway. Just make sure to pack it properly when you go to putting dirt back in there.
The root killer stuff doesn't work very well unless you can keep it where the penetration occurred.
Very unlikely since you broke the clog free.

If you can't kill the root or replace the bad section, you'll sr this again in six months.
Of course, it'll be summer then and doing the entire job will be much easier.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
If you share a lateral with a neighbor, don't go in from the street. You could end up in their pipe.
If it's just yours, no issue.

The plan going forward:
Flush root killer down the toilet. Wait a few days. If needed, move up to the 80' unit with the root cutter, or invest in a pressure washer line with the rotary nozzle. Cost either way would be about the same, it's two 90 mile round trips to rent the sewer snake. A backhoe and line replacement would be the best, except I'd have to go through my driveway.

Thanks for advice. In the meantime, I'll keep flailing away.
[/QUOTE]

Have you run this yet?
IMG_20180412_190638_358.jpg

Went shooting today with @8pointer and Gen Rick.
We had lots of wind to help us play today.
I should have gotten a pic from the bench but didn't think about it.
So, here's a Florida wind flag during a lull in the wind.

20200206_122016.jpg

Notice the moss that's been blown from the trees onto the power line.

Weather app said it was 19-31 mph after I got home.

Of course we took a 500yd detour to stop at Smokin Joe's BBQ to gorge ourselves on pulled pork. Washed it down with an Arnold Palmer or two.

Had a fun time shooting with two good friends.

@Geno C. we missed you out there today. It would have been great.

Went shooting today with @8pointer and Gen Rick.
We had lots of wind to help us play today.
I should have gotten a pic from the bench but didn't think about it.
So, here's a Florida wind flag during a lull in the wind.

View attachment 7243496

Notice the moss that's been blown from the trees onto the power line.

Weather app said it was 19-31 mph after I got home.

Of course we took a 500yd detour to stop at Smokin Joe's BBQ to gorge ourselves on pulled pork. Washed it down with an Arnold Palmer or two.

Had a fun time shooting with two good friends.

@Geno C. we missed you out there today. It would have been great.
What a hoot of a day that was about as windy as I can recall the last 25 years w/o being attached to a hurricane/tropical depression. Mikey broke out the 6br and hit 7 golf balls in a row which is the new record....breaking his own of 5 which I don't see going down any time soon. We always have a blast, but seeing that kind of shooting in any conditions is amazing.....in those winds just wow. Great pals great time and capped off with a pile of great BBQ. @Geno C. wish you coulda made it maybe next week?

Oh the joys of today! Sustained winds in 31mph plus with gusts to mid to high 40mph. Shop roof is taking a beating and my backyard is full of shingles
B4034A08-5BC9-4154-8F8F-3035983BFE35.jpeg
B388E707-872A-4728-A63C-25E3AE4C31FF.jpeg

Where you at? It was almost that bad in central Florida yesterday. Still windy today but not as bad
I live in east central North Carolina. Halfway between Raleigh and Fayetteville. This storm rolled in last night and dumped a few inches of rain. Wind showed up early this morning and is pushing through until mid afternoon supposedly

Reactions: Geno C.
Snow day here. 6” at 0500 and forecast to snow all day and evening.
Ski area we go to reported 22” in 24 hrs.

Kiddo has a snow day. Took her to the babysitter so I could come to work and now dealing with IT issues all AM. Computer is being annoying. Have someone to deal with that for me so I can do cool stuff.

Buying new rib spreaders for cracking chests in the ER. We are upgrading to a set our surgeons prefer now due to speed. They can be hands on the heart in 1 minute from first scalpel to skin.
Last ditch efforts for those trauma patients who arrive with CPR in progress.

Monster Jam tonight with kiddo and friend from work with her kid. My brothers and their kids are coming too. Should be a hoot.

We had a little snow with some ice, some spots pretty bad early this AM. So what do the geniuses in Dayton do? They cancel school after the students are on the buses. You can make this stuff up. o_O

Been waiting for this box.
IMG_20200207_175723.jpg

IMG_20200207_175744.jpg

It's time to upgrade the 7.3 in my F250.
Fuel cross over, oil cross over, fuel line check valve delete, inlet air heater delete, fuel injector shim kit, new turbo pedestal for the exhaust back pressure delete, high flow outlet, TS Performance chip and a couple other goodies.
Now for some time to get at it.
I gotta get it done before the 455 is done at the machine shop. I don't think the wife will have patience to get that swap done in the 66 Olds.

It's on the list along with a lift kit. With the engine and transmission build going for the wife's Oldsmobile and a few things for the Harley the vehicle budget is waiting on an influx of funds.
Get the 38r turbo. That’s what was meant to be on that engine!!!

Should get your programming from DP tuner too

Been waiting for this box.
View attachment 7244164
View attachment 7244166
It's time to upgrade the 7.3 in my F250.
Fuel cross over, oil cross over, fuel line check valve delete, inlet air heater delete, fuel injector shim kit, new turbo pedestal for the exhaust back pressure delete, high flow outlet, TS Performance chip and a couple other goodies.
Now for some time to get at it.
I gotta get it done before the 455 is done at the machine shop. I don't think the wife will have patience to get that swap done in the 66 Olds.

Nice work

E

Ski hill reported 37” in the last 48 hrs.
Have just over a foot here at the house.

Kiddo woke up at 0430 with a nasty cough and fever. ?
She is super mad as we had plans for swimming today and sledding tomorrow after church.

With all the rain we've had in the last couple weeks there's a few places under water and I decided it would be a good day to check it out.
So the woman, the dog and I jumped in the truck and went for a ride. After checking out the local areas we headed to Bald River Falls. If you're in the Sweetwater TN area I suggest a ride along the Cherohala Skyway. The falls are on River Road on the Sweetwater end of the Skyway.
The falls were raging today and there were several people braving the cold water and kayaking the river.
IMG_20200208_132816.jpg

IMG_20200208_132114.jpg

Me and the dog. He was not to thrilled with being on leash. He loves to role around in the snow and I didn't want a wet dog in the truck.
Resized_20200208_132741.jpg