• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 1/4 moa out of armalite AR-10? ur input please

Re: 1/4 moa out of armalite AR-10? ur input please

I'm not going to get into it, Lou, Sam, S1 are all the same person and was banned from this site in 2004.

Basically he spends his time attacking anything he can from here.

Like I said, do what you want, but I would suggest not saying you were seeking advice from this site. He'll unload on you, us, and anyone else he can think of.

He's got issues.

for all his technical know how, there is a reason his own brother hates him.

rofl. well small world then apparently. His brother turns me on to him, then I go looking for info, then ya'll know who he is. is there any way i can look him up on here and read some of his posts?

besides him being an A hole here, is he any good with a weapon?

No, you won't find a word he wrote on here.

Go search out the web or just ask him, clear about 2 hours and I'm sure you'll hear more than you ever asked for.

He owns his own site with plenty of topics where he debates himself.

Good Luck,

I'm outta this...

rofl ok, well thank you for the fair warning. I'll casually bring up this site when I talk to him again and see if he says anything and report back.

from the past few exchanges i would recommend against having him work on anything of mine. Like i said his accuracy guarentee has quite a few holes in it, unlike GAPs who guarentee the rifle will shoot 3/8 MOA and say nothing about it will shoot 3/8 MOA if you do everything perfect. That sounds more like a 1/2 to 3/4 MOA gun with an ocassional 1/4 MOA group. Do as you please, i wouldnt let him do anything to any one of my rifles

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JasonM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'll casually bring up this site when I talk to him again and see if he says anything and report back. </div></div>

Cliff notes only, we ready understand, Fuck sticks, shit heads, dumn ass motherfuckers, want-a-bees,..ect,...ect,....ect,... so just the other quality points of interest he presents, if you please.

No offense by any means but can you not read? Lowlight just said that it's best not to bring up the Hide. Many different individuals on this site have warned you about this character and you seem to be taking their advice lightly. I don't think this site needs another mess to clean up.

well since he has been banned I would hope he would not be able to come here. and I don't know any way of finding out if he's s1 other than to casually mention this site in passing. I am trying not to make a judgement call on my friends brother. if you guys are right I will let you know and I will walk away and go to someone else for sure, but if he's like oh yeah I'm member fred awesome or sorry I don't get on the internet then it may not be him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShadowFast1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No offense by any means but can you not read? Lowlight just said that it's best not to bring up the Hide. Many different individuals on this site have warned you about this character and you seem to be taking their advice lightly. I don't think this site needs another mess to clean up. </div></div>
A mess is 50 gallons of oil on the floor, what we had with him was a fucking Valdez, an now the cover layer is being peeled back again.
mad.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no, it doesnt. He was making to many excuses about how it gets to this magical 1/4 MOA, call George at GAP and he guarentees 3/8 MOA if it doesnt do that the rifle does NOT leave the shop. He never says anything about the shooter in his accuracy guarentee. The broughton barrel IIRC should come lapped and stress relieved. It sounds like he is trying to talk real big to pull some shit over your head, and use big technical terms. I would go elsewhere with your money. He never did any pieces that are USMC weapons, maybe personal weapons of Marines, but no USMC serialized rifles.</div></div>

does he have a link on this site?

odd I just happen to possibly be dealing with someone who is so well known here. Does anyone know his last name? or want me to pm it to u so I can know for sure?

ps I didnt bring this up to start all this crazy stuuff, just F'ed up coincidence that ya'll think it may be the same guy I happen to have been referred to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure, tell that to Lou and see what happens. </div></div>
Please record his responce to that question then put it on you tube. I'll need 25 cents for every hit for the idea by the way,.. my banker will be standing by, because the total will allow me to retire within 2 days, with income for the next 50 yrs.

Heres another question you might ask,...but I get a buck for each
you-tube hit.

Question----->If you can't hit the target, does flight time, really matter?

Oh boy......

Jason, save your headaches and stroll over George's shop, see if he has any AR10 tubes laying around and have it done right.

When the owner of this forum asks you not to mention it and you insist you are going to, you have a bit to learn about respect, even though you sound off like you've earned it and demand it from others.

I don't know shit about you, nor do I really care, other than that you ask for advice then piss yourself up a rope when its given (by some folks that are seriously in the know to boot).

by the your location of "the south" and your email of "[email protected]" ain;t the way you are supposed to fill out your profile killer.......

me thinks and talking from experience, that when someone brags about "killing" they havent done any of that themselves. At least thats my experience with all my buddies and myself

I aint never insisted on mentioning it. I thought he said if you do just be prepared to hear alot. I have taken all this advice into consideration.

I'm sorry that I don't want to give specifics about me to strangers on the internet. just like the pics where ppl black out their faces on here, I aint handing out my email. especially since its my name. If you read my other posts and my intro you'll see where abouts I live, and that I'm looking for ppl to learn from and shoot with.

I already stated I'd be steering clear because I don't want to chance getting ripped, or bad work or have problems. either way no matter who it is, if it is this S1 guy it happens to be my friends brother, so I am going to give him the courtesy of not jumping to a conclusion, or purposely pissing him off.

I have given respect to everyone here, and have not argued with anyone. I'm sure many ppl come here to start trouble I am not one of them, nor did I expect this thread to turn into this many posts and then bash me, and some guy I've never met when all I was trying to do is research. i tried the search function before I posted here, I read, and felt this was a decent question because I couldn't find MOA information on an armalite. How sad this thread came to be pointing at me and my intentions when all I was looking for is information.

Thank you to all who have helped. I apologize if I accidently somehow talked to some guy who is not welcome here. it wasn't on purpose and no one will pm me this guys name so I know it is him.

I'll be calling george monday, tho i looked at his page and have picked some info on stuff up already.

Who brags about killing? I aint done that anywhere. If you refer to my sig, its my standard sig for all my forums, (except the guitar one) I use it in my PB forum, and thats my nickname.

ps when ur in the army and go through RIP thats what ur called, grunt, killer, or ranger (or at least i was)

Who brags about it, i would assume you since its in bold letters in your sig line.i dont see how it could be taken any other way???? Killer in bold letters, what else are you trying to imply by having that there? I guess that it sounds cool having that, but in all reality killing someone aint cool

i dont even know who this guy is, or what site he has but i'm lumped in with him. go figure.

It's Lou Andrews, and he goes by SAM at times and is registered as S1 in most places, although he generally gets banned pretty fast.

Wildwood, MO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who brags about it, i would assume you since its in bold letters in your sig line.i dont see how it could be taken any other way???? Killer in bold letters, what else are you trying to imply by having that there? I guess that it sounds cool having that, but in all reality killing someone aint cool</div></div>

we will agree to disagree. I never mentioned anything about killing. u can take my sig however you feel. I wanted it to be in colors but i don't know how, so I did bold.

actually thats not this guy its lou Brun****. I wont give out the rest of the last name. I will check with his brother to make sure they have the same last name tho. but I have it written down as BRUN****

and he said he lives in st louis

Dude, there is not two Lou's in MO that do this... trust me if he is talking about building a 1/4 MOA AR and is in MO its him.

hey I believe you, i'm just saying what his brother told me. they have the same dad so I am sure it's BRun**** but I am already wlking away to much bad mojo

i still can't get past the fact I'm in NC and through a friend I met in 2000, he says hey use my brother, and then I find out he's a trouble maker. ps when i started this thread i thought he was in NC. He told me he was in MO today. go figure

feel free to dump or erase the thread, I bookmarked all the sites I need and got good advice here.

You will find that when someone starts to lie, they will have to lie some more to support or distract from the original lie. That is were you get the saying web of lies.

u are correct I hope you are not inferring this to me, but to the other guy. i have already pmed lowlight. i can give anyone the number of the man I spoke to today and scan and copy my piece of paper I wrote on with the materials this man said he would put on the weapon system along with my chicken scratch. I know almost nothing about ar10's and upgrading them, so I came here looking. Perhaps you'd like to see a copy of my dd214 along with the phone number.

Jason, relax. Welcome to the Hide.

Talk to George's shop -- they specialize in getting performance out of an AR-10. It may take a while as business has been good for them lately -- plus you won't have to put up with a screaming shithead heaping abuse at you for deigning to want one of his products.

An AR-10 can be called a consistent 1 Minute gun once given the once-over. You're generally not going to get benchrest performance out of a self-loader unless you lock it into a mechanical rest -- too many moving parts and issues with movement, vibration, inertia and center-of-gravity shifts inherent with an autoloader.

You will get honest, "Wow" performance to drop man-size targets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JasonM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cartman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First, thank you for your service.

Second, if you think you can't ask for PROOF because it would be impolite to ask for that sort of thing from friends and family, don't you think that it would be impolite for him to ask for money from friends and family? If he's going to ask you for money, you can ask for a demonstration -- or several -- with no worry about being rude.

Third, if you think any of these responses were "hostile" you may be on the wrong forum -- because these have been about as nice and gentle as I've seen here given what you posted and how long you've been around here.
</div></div>

no I plan on seeing proof. I will drive to MO. and take a look at what he can do before I let him work on it. He didn't ask me for a dime, his brother refered me to him and was telling me about his brother he dislikes, but is the best guntech he ever met. So before I went talking to him, I came here asking you guys what you thought. I have gotten some pearls of wisdom here so I'm happy. and would enjoy hearing more.

Now as far as this "given what you posted and how long you've been around here." stuff. I may not have been here long, but I've been around the world a time or two and happened to survive while brothers of mine didn't, and I ain't given you a lick of disrespect so don't throw any my way either. please.

Thank ya'll for your input. and please if there is more I am here to learn.
</div></div>

What the fuck are you talking about? You mentioned what he would charge in your first fucking post! Second, Mechanic suggested you ask for a demo and you said you couldn't so now you're fucking contradicting yourself.

Here:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JasonM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Originally Posted By: The Mechanic Tell him to build one meet him at the range with it, have him shoot a 5 shot group and if it goes 1/2 moa for $700 buy it on the spot. Otherwise bullshit walks.
Fill out your profile

Jason M then says: "wish I could do it like that. unfortunately the laws of courtesy, to my good friends family don't allow me that convenience. </div></div>

Third, I didn't show you any disrespect. I pointed out that no one else showed you disrespect either, though it OFTEN HAPPENS AROUND HERE where someone with a low post count posts questions like yours -- so you should consider the responses here nice, not naughty.

That doesn't mean people with low post counts who just joined the hide don't know shit, it just means they often post shit that invites a lot of abuse.

How could you take it a negative way? You must be hypersensitive! Is that disrespectful? I see it as stating the obvious, and you earned it.

You say you've been around the block etc. etc., but you sound like a green kid to me. JMO.

The AR10 guy's story changes from post to post, and now you've demonstrated the same tendency. If you can't smell the bullshit yourself, pay your money and take yer chances. Now I'm left wondering if you posted in the first place to try to drum up business for this guy.

Whatever...

If he is the guy I am thinking(and I am pretty sure he is), I have run into him a time or two at the range. Definitely not a fan of the Hide. Didnt get into it with him much, just spoke with him briefly a couple of times. Had some nice gear, and seemed to know what he was doing. Folks are usually different in real life than on the web.

ETA- I think I have one of his cards in my wallet. Will check.

Jason. There is a Smith that supports this site and builds rifles like no one else. I came to this site read a lot. I was looking for someone to build a bolt gun. When I finished I came to one conclusion. The thing that made the choice as a done deal was there was not one bad word on this or any other site about this company. No B.S. anywhere. Only great builds and good people. There was no hype from the company, none at all. All the hype came from people who bought and used the company's products. They build bolts, gas guns, helped with scope and had a rect. name after them. Even had a small period of custom ammo made. The bolt gun arrived faster than quoted at the time ( I had it Drosed before the quoted time). No custom I have had built arrived in the quoted time always took longer. The rifle shoots way better than me. It's a no B.S. company and the folks here are trying to tell you who to use. SO No B.S. the company to use for a great shooting gas gun is G.A. Precision. Anything else is a waste of your time and money. Listen, read and look around you won't find a better company to build or re-build your gas gun. If you don't use them, well then shame on you.

bro apparently tyou don't read i don't contaradict myself anywhere. I stated
1: I was reffered by his brother.

2: I was told first it starts with the barrel, about $300 or so and then $400 in labor to get close to where he would be able to bring it to 1/4 or sub. I spoke to him for 5 minutes and stated I would speak with him today.

3:I spoke to him today and posted what all I was told ( most of it was beyond me, "he said first thing I have to learn is hand loading, and load for my need and use. as far as stuff he mentioned that would be replaced first would be barrel with a custom broughton 5c to his specs. then it would be hand lap, and stress relieved. new trigger assembly, flatwire spring, heavy buffer and then some miscelanious stuff I couldn't write down fast enough. So does any of this sound like a step in the right direction?
"

4:where did I ever say I couldn't get a demo?

To say nobody but GA Precision can build a great gun, be it gas or bolt operated is silly.

The nicest guns I have ever had were made by GAP, but there are others who can do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Valken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason. There is a Smith that supports this site and builds rifles like no one else. I came to this site read a lot. I was looking for someone to build a bolt gun. When I finished I came to one conclusion. The thing that made the choice as a done deal was there was not one bad word on this or any other site about this company. No B.S. anywhere. Only great builds and good people. There was no hype from the company, none at all. All the hype came from people who bought and used the company's products. They build bolts, gas guns, helped with scope and had a rect. name after them. Even had a small period of custom ammo made. The bolt gun arrived faster than quoted at the time ( I had it Drosed before the quoted time). No custom I have had built arrived in the quoted time always took longer. The rifle shoots way better than me. It's a no B.S. company and the folks here are trying to tell you who to use. SO No B.S. the company to use for a great shooting gas gun is G.A. Precision. Anything else is a waste of your time and money. Listen, read and look around you won't find a better company to build or re-build your gas gun. If you don't use them, well then shame on you. </div></div>

I hear yah. I already stated I'd be calling them. I just started this thread to find out if 1/4 was possible on the system. everyone else guessed who this guy is (tho they have diff last names than the one mentioned 2 my knowledge) and then threw me under the bus for asking questions. I'm just trying to assimilate the info is all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To say nobody but GA Precision can build a great gun, be it gas or bolt operated is silly.
</div></div>

In terms of Quality of build, Turn around time, Customer interaction. I stand by my statement. Perhaps you were under the impression I only meant Quality of build. I have had a lot of rifles built and no one, so far, gave me all of the above in one shot. To call anyone's statement silly just shows how Silly people can be. This is not about name calling but my advise. Forget me and help out Jason.

to say that we threw you under the bus is a big misunderstanding of what we were saying on your part. You did contradict yourself quite a few times throughout your posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Valken</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To say nobody but GA Precision can build a great gun, be it gas or bolt operated is silly.
</div></div>

In terms of Quality of build, Turn around time, Customer interaction. I stand by my statement. Perhaps you were under the impression I only meant Quality of build. I have had a lot of rifles built and no one, so far, gave me all of the above in one shot. To call anyone's statement silly just shows how Silly people can be. This is not about name calling but my advise. Forget me and help out Jason. </div></div>

You said using anyone else is a waste of time. That is silly. there are a lot of great builders here who deserve more respect than that. Not to speak for George, but I'd imagine he would agree with me. And this is coming from a GA Precision owner.

Show me one who can Turn it around in weeks instead of months and I'll concede. I am not talking about the build quality alone. Sure there are great builders out there but most would take way longer to get a rifle from. overall Package is what I am talking about. If you don't like my statement. I understand but let us just leave it at that. You don't see running around calling anyone silly. So go be nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Valken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Show me one who can Turn it around in weeks instead of months and I'll concede. I am not talking about the build quality alone. Sure there are great builders out there but most would take way longer to get a rifle from. overall Package is what I am talking about. If you don't like my statement. I understand but let us just leave it at that. You don't see running around calling anyone silly. So go be nice. </div></div>

You are very thin skinned if you feel as if I am abrasive. I simply corrected a statement you made that needed correcting. Not a biggie. I know you were just trying to state how impressed you were with the quality of stuff that comes from Georges shop. I agree with you, just disagree with the part about all the others being a waste of money and time. That is simply not the case.