• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

10-22 hammer Q

calebintn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Does anybody have a picture or video of the cut/grind you do to the 10-22 hammer to achieve a lighter trigger pull?
I have polished everything in my trigger group and it runs much smoother but it is still way too heavy.
Thanks for any help?

I have searched for the trigger job video for days with no luck.

Re: 10-22 hammer Q

wow. thats alot of effort. i guess its not too much of a project. am i reading it right, thats to eliminate pre-travel or take-up? cant you get a trigger with that adjustment built in? im just curious. its a good cheap mod, just wax everything you dont want the JB to bond with and maybe use a spare trigger

brownells sells a hammer with the correct geometry for $44 . this is a much safer option than cutting/grinding .

The easiest low price option is the PowerCustom hammer/sear kit, about $60-70. Shims, slave pin, hammer and sear all in a bag.