• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22GT load data

20% off with 20offsmk

Reactions: BlueDemon
Have you bought from here previous?

Are they good to go?

20% off with 20offsmk

Are they in fact 9290's if anyone knows?

I have 7.2 twist, fast enough to spin these up properly?
Sierra says 7tw needed at 223 velocity, I'm sure at 22gt velocity a 7.5 would suffice. They're factory pointed 90s. Can't expect them to be anything but the 9290s. @padom has been using them in a 22br from a 7tw and they've shot very well for him, more consistent than 88 eldm.

Reactions: BuLLet
Are they in fact 9290's if anyone knows?

I have 7.2 twist, fast enough to spin these up properly?
Running them in a 7.5tw, you tell me

ECDB854D-9959-4B4E-B452-591265D9810B.jpeg
E9417662-9518-4368-A16A-DBDB250AF255.jpeg
72B3B8A3-B1E2-4D51-9176-EC74A8B1F56A.jpeg

Ran up to 3200ish with excellent groups, nothing blowing up. Running 3150 currently, nothing blowing up there. 26” 7.5tw barrel.

I have a PVA 7 twist coming and I’m a little afraid it may be troublesome. I’m hoping I can send them fast enough without them blowing apart and I don’t want to run solids. I wish PVA had more Osprey twist rates available.

I have a PVA 7 twist coming and I’m a little afraid it may be troublesome. I’m hoping I can send them fast enough without them blowing apart and I don’t want to run solids. I wish PVA had more Osprey twist rates available.

I had zero issues with my pva obw 22GT 1-7 and blowing up bullets. Shot 88 ELD's lights out...

You’re not going to have an issue. Another member here shoots the 90’s in a 6.5tw barrel at the same speed with no issues, my buddy has run 90gr atips with no issues in his 7tw as well.

I had zero issues with my pva obw 22GT 1-7 and blowing up bullets. Shot 88 ELD's lights out...
How fast were you sending the 88s? Had? Did you shoot out the barrel, if so how many rounds did you get out of it?

You’re not going to have an issue. Another member here shoots the 90’s in a 6.5tw barrel at the same speed with no issues, my buddy has run 90gr atips with no issues in his 7tw as well.
I have 88s and 85.5s. I may pick up some 90s as well. I was hoping to find 95s, but I think I have more bullets than barrel life at this point. 🤣🤣🤣

I have 88s and 85.5s. I may pick up some 90s as well. I was hoping to find 95s, but I think I have more bullets than barrel life at this point. 🤣🤣🤣

I didn't have great luck with 95's in 2 barrels...90smk, 88 ELD and 85.5's all shot great.

I just tested the PVA OBW for a few hundred rounds for accuracy while I was waiting on my Bartlein...it's still in the safe..

That much difference in performance that it’s relegated to safe duty?

Any one here have QL or know if 22GT is featured in it?

Any one here have QL or know if 22GT is featured in it?
I do not have the latest update, but I use the 6x47 lapua profile and just adjust everything to match the GT specs. Case length, H2O and AOL, then just adjust the burn rate to match velocity. Works for me just fine.

I was gonna see if someone could run a load in it for me. 90gr SMK 36.3gr H4350. And compare it to 37gr N555 with the same bullet. Curious what the pressure is on those loads

I was gonna see if someone could run a load in it for me. 90gr SMK 36.3gr H4350. And compare it to 37gr N555 with the same bullet. Curious what the pressure is on those loads
I built the 22GT in Gordon’s. Working out of town this week so can’t run your specific loads.
I have run close though in coarse testing just to get some speed baselines.
24” PVA 7T
Loads below are all under 100 rounds on barrel with virgin Alpha brass GM205 primers & loaded 2.522 OAL or .023 jump.
H4350 36.1 with 90smk = 3052 case fill 89.7
N555 36.5 90smk = 3012 Case fill 96.6
N555 37.7 90smk = 3097 case fill 99.7
Few more data points for powder comparison. Same as above except powder.
RL16 36.1 90smk = 3022 fill 98.7%
6.5 Staball 37.6 = 3026 fill 93.5%
6.5 Staball 38.0 = 3047 fill 94.5%

Last edited:
Reactions: S3th
I built the 22GT in Gordon’s. Working out of town this week so can’t run your specific loads.
I have run close though in coarse testing just to get some speed baselines.
24” PVA 7T
Loads below are all under 100 rounds on barrel with virgin Alpha brass GM205 primers & loaded 2.522 OAL or .023 jump.
H4350 36.1 with 90smk = 3052 case fill 89.7
N555 36.5 90smk = 3012 Case fill 96.6
N555 37.7 90smk = 3097 case fill 99.7
26” barrel?

I can say those speeds are slow. But my barrel is sped up. With 36.3rd 4350 I’m getting 3260 with 90 smks and 37gr n555 I’m getting 3150. That’s why I’m curious to see what kind of pressure I’m dealing with as n555 at 37gr is giving me a click on primary extraction and cratered primers but no hard bolt lift and 36.3gr of h4350 is giving me pretty gnarly cratered primers and no click and no hard bolt lift.

Ambient air temp was 48degrees. This is all out of a 218 bore 26” bartlein barrel.

To add, 88’s with 38gr of n555 on a brand new barrel was getting me 3150. They run the same speed as the 90’s for me.

I can say those speeds are slow. But my barrel is sped up. With 36.3rd 4350 I’m getting 3260 with 90 smks and 37gr n555 I’m getting 3150. That’s why I’m curious to see what kind of pressure I’m dealing with as n555 at 37gr is giving me a click on primary extraction and cratered primers but no hard bolt lift and 36.3gr of h4350 is giving me pretty gnarly cratered primers and no click and no hard bolt lift.

Ambient air temp was 48degrees. This is all out of a 218 bore 26” bartlein barrel.

To add, 88’s with 38gr of n555 on a brand new barrel was getting me 3150. They run the same speed as the 90’s for me.
N555 37.4 with 88’s Gave me 3079 on this new 24”

None of those loads gave me any craters or pressure signs.

Any chance your getting some carbon build up in the throat?

I ran up to 37.9gr H4350 in initial testing with 90 atips, had about 150 Rds on the 26" hawkhill, origin action. I never found ejector slot marks or primer cratering till 3240, and found bolt lift at 3270. My barrel is a 219 bore 7tw, I think that keeps the psi down VS a 218 bore. My accuracy load is 36.4 H4350 with 90s running 3120-3130

With it being a 24, that makes sense.

Barrel was cleaned and carbon ring scrubbed out if there was one. I’m also shooting suppressed so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. Fwiw, this AI has cratered primers on mild dasher loads. Just may be an AI thing lol

Reactions: 357Max
With it being a 24, that makes sense.

Barrel was cleaned and carbon ring scrubbed out if there was one. I’m also shooting suppressed so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. Fwiw, this AI has cratered primers on mild dasher loads. Just may be an AI thing lol
Mine is on a Tika PVA nutted barrel. The Tika doesn’t hide pressure like my ARC actions. Not sure what the bore is on the PVA’s? Based on my previous PVA’s I’d expect it will speed up 50-100fps. I just ran another 100 through it fire forming with 88’s & Staball. Ready to do some load testing now that I have 200 rounds through it. Brass is prepped, but working out of town every week is slowing progress.

Reactions: Krob95
Mine is on a Tika PVA nutted barrel. The Tika doesn’t hide pressure like my ARC actions. Not sure what the bore is on the PVA’s? Based on my previous PVA’s I’d expect it will speed up 50-100fps. I just ran another 100 through it fire forming with 88’s & Staball. Ready to do some load testing now that I have 200 rounds through it. Brass is prepped, but working out of town every week is slowing progress.
I know the new PVA Osprey 22 Cals are advertised 219 bore. However my Smith gauged the one I used for a 22cm, and 219 wouldn't go, but 218 was a bit sloppy, so they're likely somewhere in between, closer to 0.2187 or so.

Reactions: 357Max
How have carbon rings been with the 22GT? I’ve really had to stay on top of them with certain powders in my 6GT and 6 Creedmoors.

How have carbon rings been with the 22GT? I’ve really had to stay on top of them with certain powders in my 6GT and 6 Creedmoors.
I clean with clr/iosso every 150 rounds or so, no carbon problems with that regemin.

Lets put it this way, they definitely form faster with 22GT for sure. One of the first things I noticed with 22GT and even 22BR. A borescope is a great tool to identify the carbon ring. You gotta keep an eye out for it and stay on top of it vs many other calibers thats for sure....

Last edited:
Reactions: MilSpecOkie
Let’s put it this way, they definitely form faster with 22GT for sure. One of the first things I noticed with 22GT and even 22BR. A borescope is a great tool to identify the carbon ring. You gotta keep an eye out for it and stay on top of it vs many other calibers thats for sure....
I do have a bore scope and will keep up with it. Just trying to get a rough round count of when that might be? I know that it is powder dependent as well.

Could a guy take it to a two day match and not have issues? That’s possibly 230 or so shots with zero and long distance verification.

I do have a bore scope and will keep up with it. Just trying to get a rough round count of when that might be? I know that it is powder dependent as well.

Could a guy take it to a two day match and not have issues? That’s possibly 230 or so shots with zero and long distance verification.
I'd honestly give it a clr treatment between day 1 and day 2. Clr has given me the best results fastest for breakdown of carbon. Run 3 - 4 wet patches with scrubbing motion. The use one wet patch pressed into the throat area to soak it for 30 mins, then hit with nylon brush, then 3-4 wet patches of your normal cleaning solution like eliminator, followed by dry patches and shoot. Should be good for a 2nd day. Carbon rings are a bitch.

I'd honestly give it a clr treatment between day 1 and day 2. Clr has given me the best results fastest for breakdown of carbon. Run 3 - 4 wet patches with scrubbing motion. The use one wet patch pressed into the throat area to soak it for 30 mins, then hit with nylon brush, then 3-4 wet patches of your normal cleaning solution like eliminator, followed by dry patches and shoot. Should be good for a 2nd day. Carbon rings are a bitch.
Reading posts like this make me want to stick with a 6mm bore for PRS matches.

shooting my first two day with my 22GT in May. I’ll bring a bore scope. If it doesn’t look bad after day one, I’ll probably just leave it alone.

Reading posts like this make me want to stick with a 6mm bore for PRS matches.
I know my 6mm prs rifles shoot more consistently rounds 1-150 than they do 150-300 after a cleaning. Resetting to clean barrel between day 1 and 2, then shooting 10 fouling rounds morning of day 2 has been my process for the handful of 2 day matches I've shot. Single day match the barrel usually has 20 rounds on it from zero/dope check. This works for me, but cleaning every 3-400 works for others. I just know my velocity creeps up about 10-20fps from 0-150 rounds, and at 300 is up about 40 from fouling when I tested it with my 6gt/109/h4350 load last year that was at 2920, after 300 rounds I was up around 2960 and groups had opened up at distance from half to near 1 moa. The 22 would would only be worse. I'm building a 22br for a practice rig to run 88s and 90smk at 2950-3000fps from a 28" barrel. Hopefully I can find a powder that keeps fouling low. Varget/4166/N150/rl15.5 are what I will test.

Does anyone run IMR 4955 Enduron powder in their 22 GT? It’s a little slower burning than H4831.

Does anyone run IMR 4955 Enduron powder in their 22 GT? It’s a little slower burning than H4831.

I believe hodgdon recently discontinued the entire enduron line of powders, so unless you have a large stash of it you need to burn up that's kind of a dead end.

I believe hodgdon recently discontinued the entire enduron line of powders, so unless you have a large stash of it you need to burn up that's kind of a dead end.
I have 9 pounds of it. Just wondering if anyone has used it for the heavies.

I heard an interview somewhere that the Enduron lines are discontinued for consumer sales. It should be back later if they get caught up with contracts. Sorta like how Lapua is only releasing certain brass calibers for the time being. Seems the whole world is gearing up for war.

I have 9 pounds of it. Just wondering if anyone has used it for the heavies.

I heard an interview somewhere that the Enduron lines are discontinued for consumer sales. It should be back later if they get caught up with contracts. Sorta like how Lapua is only releasing certain brass calibers for the time being. Seems the whole world is gearing up for war.

Interesting, as a lot of the dealers are saying it's straight up discontinued and not on a temporary production pause like Lapua is doing right now. I also find it odd they would discontinue some of their newest tech powders, however the enduron line never seemed to gain much popularity in the US consumer reloading market.

I never got around to trying any of the enduron powders myself.

I'll try to remember to run some QL numbers tonight with 4955 and see what it shows; maybe it would be worth testing.

Last edited:
Reactions: MilSpecOkie
I don’t remember where I heard that but I hope it’s true. If not when my stock pile of Enduron powders are gone there gone for good.

I have a 26” barrel if that helps any.

Not sure what bullet you're planning on running, but here's what QL is estimating for 4955 with a 90gr VLD loaded to 2.6" OAL.

1680752069742.png

For something lighter, here's data for a Hornady 80 ELD-M loaded to 2.500" OAL:

1680752682980.png

Note: I don't have my 22GT brass yet (it should be here tomorrow) so I'm using 44.90gr for case capacity which a few other people have measured.

QL's powder test table estimates that 4955 isn't the fastest powder for the 22GT, but it has a good case fill vs pressure relationship and the case won't be too empty if you load conservatively under max pressure nor excessively compressed if you load near max pressure. If you have 9# of 4955 left and aren't worried about chasing max velocity I'd load some up for testing.

Interesting. The three bullets I have on hand are 85.5 Bergers, 88 ELDMs and 90 SMKs. I would like to run in the 3050-3150 range to get the most KE on targets at distance.

Interesting. The three bullets I have on hand are 85.5 Bergers, 88 ELDMs and 90 SMKs. I would like to run in the 3050-3150 range to get the most KE on targets at distance.

Based on the QL numbers 3100-3150 is going to be pushing right at max or over max pressure with 4955 and 85-90gr bullets. It's possible, but environmental conditions and barrel cleanliness might push it above 65ksi max pressure.

IMO, a lot of people are loading way too hot nowadays especially when using brass like Lapua and Alpha that can take the high pressures and not exhibit obvious pressure signs like a sticky bolt open or flattened/smeared writing on the case head or ejector flow/swipes-- so they keep bumping charges up thinking the load is safe when it's likely already at or over SAAMI max pressure.

It's not just a 22GT thing, I've noticed the trend with many other calibers. I guess it depends on how much you want to push the envelope and how many firings you want out of your brass. If you have a spot where you can shoot the same place as you load and want to test brass longevity on a "hot" load, I like to load/fire/repeat a single case at that hot charge until the primer pocket gets loose and note now many firings it took.

Last edited: