• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2nd grader suspended for assualt pencil...

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Be sure to look at the very bottom where it says related.........................................................

Second Grade Virginia Boy Suspended for Making Gun Noises With Pencil Pretending to Be Marine DadChristopher Marshall
    (Photo: WAVY-TV)

In the latest case of a youth being punished for what used to be considered innocuous child's play, a second grader at Driver Elementary in Virginia has been suspended for two days for making gun noises while pointing a pencil, WAVY-TV reports.

The boy's father explained: "When I asked him about it, he said, 'Well I was being a Marine and the other guy was being a bad guy...It's as simple as that."

Paul Marshall, the father of the suspended 7-year-old Christopher Marshall, is a former Marine.

A spokesperson for Suffolk Public Schools, Bethanne Bradshaw, explained: "A pencil is a weapon when it is pointed at someone in a threatening way and gun noises are made."

Second Grade Virginia Boy Suspended for Making Gun Noises With Pencil Pretending to Be Marine DadPaul Marshall
    (Photo: WAVY-TV)

"Some children would consider it threatening, who are scared about shootings in schools or shootings in the community," she continued, adding that kids think more about school shootings these days 'Cowboys and Indians.'"

But the boy's father pointed out that his son is in good academic standing, has never been in trouble before and, according to the boy's teacher, stopped pointing the pencil when asked. At some point, Paul Marshall argued, there needs to be "what used to be called common sense."

"He's just being a typical boy; you're taking away his imagination," he said. "Enough is enough. I mean where do you draw the line? You know -- a pencil? Was it sharpened, was it not? Is it a No. 2? I mean, what's the big deal?"

Sitting on a swing with a camouflage hat, the boy said: "I was playing. I'm sorry and stuff."

Watch the entire WAVY-TV report, below:

The other student was suspended along with Christopher.

-

Related:
    •7-Year-Old Boy Reportedly Suspended for Making 'Gun' Out of School Pastry
    •Second Grader Playing 'Rescue the World' at Recess Suspended After Throwing Pretend Grenade at 'Evil Forces' (With Adorable Interview!)
    •5-Year-Old Suspended, Labeled a 'Terrorist Threat' for Threatening to Shoot Friend With Toy Bubble Gun
    •'It's Ridiculous': Three 6-Year-Olds Suspended for Making 'Gun' Signs With Hands During Recess
    •School Allegedly Asks Deaf Preschooler to Change His Name Because Sign Language Version Resembles 'Weapons'

I am sure you can ask any of the other kids in the class and they wouldn't know much about the other school shootings. This is just another case of adults freaking out over something stupid, and pushing their views on kids. I mean come on the little guy was playing, what is wrong with that.

More and more adults are afraid of school shootings, and they should be in some reguard, and they are shoving that fear on kids. Kids who don't know any better, or have not ill intentions towards anyone.

Let kids be kids for crying out loud.

I hate what this country is coming to more and more every day. This f*cking rediculous b*llshit is getting so f*cking old. It is truly sad that kids can't be kids anymore.

I am sure you can ask any of the other kids in the class and they wouldn't know much about the other school shootings. This is just another case of adults freaking out over something stupid, and pushing their views on kids. I mean come on the little guy was playing, what is wrong with that.

More and more adults are afraid of school shootings, and they should be in some reguard, and they are shoving that fear on kids. Kids who don't know any better, or have not ill intentions towards anyone.

Let kids be kids for crying out loud.

"More and more adults are afraid of school shootings, and they should be in some reguard,"

Only because they are too gutless to do what it takes to protect them...

Be sure to look at the very bottom where it says related.........................................................

Related:

•School Allegedly Asks Deaf Preschooler to Change His Name Because Sign Language Version Resembles 'Weapons'

For real? Seems a little extreme. I mean if his name resembles an AR or AK well, then I can understand.

Edit:
    Oh, it is for real. Sorry mother fuckers.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ause-sign-language-version-resembles-weapons/

Last edited:
    Should be concerned about your child's safety....but this is stupid.

You caught me that maggot.

Yet another reason to do my damnedest not to bring another child into this world only to have imagination squashed and my every decision as a parent questioned by the state. Fuck that noise.

Irony...

We must destroy the children to protect them... I guess my next question is: Are there any fucktards that actually feel safer knowing that toddlers will be suspended and/or arrested for playing with imaginary weapons? I think I need to put the researcher hat on and do some surveying to see what sort of mental state them folks might be in. My guess is batshit crazy.

Woops... I'm obviously far too biased in this matter...

My answer to everyone if these threads is to homeschool. Kids in public school are being indoctrinated, in the true and sinister sense of the word, and the agenda is far more than just anti-gun. Really dig into what goes on in your local school, even in a rural conservative area like where I live. You will be shocked, it is not the same school you went to. They are being force fed that agenda for 7-8hrs a day. No wonder it is easy to provide a better education than what they are getting.
    Do what it takes to get them out of that system. It is that important.

My answer to everyone if these threads is to homeschool. Kids in public school are being indoctrinated, in the true and sinister sense of the word, and the agenda is far more than just anti-gun. Really dig into what goes on in your local school, even in a rural conservative area like where I live. You will be shocked, it is not the same school you went to. They are being force fed that agenda for 7-8hrs a day. No wonder it is easy to provide a better education than what they are getting.
    Do what it takes to get them out of that system. It is that important.

What KYP said.

My 6 year old daughter was corrected at school today for making a gun like gesture. The problem was she didn't have proper stance or grip position, she was taught the correct way and class resumed. Man I love homeschool!

My 6 year old daughter was corrected at school today for making a gun like gesture. The problem was she didn't have proper stance or grip position, she was taught the correct way and class resumed. Man I love homeschool!

Sweet...........

Time to ban assault pencils and high capacity magazines!
    s0527068sc7splssku.jpg