• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

300 win mag in a howa 1500

asian8ter

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2011
Hey guys I have a Howa 1500 that is chambered in a 300 winchester magnum that I have been hunting with for a few years now. My gun loves the 180 grain barnes tsx, and they performed really well on a spike elk that I shot this last year at about 300 yards, but I am wanting to change up my loads a little bit and am woundering if anyone might have any load advice.
I am mainly changing because my local reloading supply store stopped carrying the 180 barnes that my gun likes. I have been thinking of using the berger 210 vlds what do you think.

Re: 300 win mag in a howa 1500

Either will work fine, but a 180 TSX or 210 VLD are not necessary for a 300 yd deer...in that example any bullet will do.

If you like Barnes... the 165 TTSX, but a monolithic bullet isn't necessary for deer when a corelokt works just fine.

TC