• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 wm sizing problem

half

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2011
western south dakota
I have a 300 wm that I just rebarreled. I have a bunch of 2x fired norma brass that won't fit in the new chamber. I FL sized and trimmed all the cases before loading, but they are hitting right at or above the belt. My question is, does someone make a small base die that will resize the belt? Can I turn the belt a little until they fit? Any other ideas would be great. Thanks.

Re: 300 wm sizing problem

Innovative technology makes a collet die that will size the base above the belt. But my Redding S-die actually does the same thing without the extra sizing sequence.

Re: 300 wm sizing problem

Your description doesn't sound like the problem is the belt. If you're dragging in front of the belt you could cut the belt off without changing the fit.

A difference of just 1 thou makes a great difference in a metal to metal fit and die diameter tolerances are slightly greater than that; your die simply isn't quite small enough for your new chamber but I know of no "SB" dies for any magnum. It's quite possible that a different FL sizer of the same brand, or any other brand, would make a difference but the Innovative Technologies die will always do the job - for a price.