• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300prc and 215s struggle

... it seems that N570 excels with heavier projectiles and slightly longer barrels.

That would be logical. It's slower than H1000 by a few clicks. A few years back, people here reported mediocre performance for H1000 compared to others like RL26 or N565, so even though I've got plenty of H1000, I never gave it a try. I have piddled a fair bit with RL26, N565 and N568 and made one test with N570 and was not impressed. Note my barrel is 30" and I was shooting 230 gr bullets, so the heavier/longer would seem to apply but what I was seeing was higher MV SDs and just OK on-target performance with N570. I've shot the 300 PRC very little at short range, though and have spent most of the time with it at a mile or beyond, and shot the OCWs at 300 yards, so it's apples and oranges compared to showing tight groups at 100. My rifle is an AX-MC and it appears to be limited to ~0.5 MOA form the little bit of shooting I have done at 100. RL26 seems to be a unicorn lately but I am seeing N565 and N568 come available a few times a year. Fortunately, I have a solid supply of RL26, VV powders and 230's. Still not tempted to give H1000 or Retumbo a go. My current load is better than I am as a shooter.

I like group #1

Easy to get speed fever but if 1/2” and good SD, you may be better off staying put especially if it’s faster in summer, brass life etc

Reactions: Xcount