• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 Superior to 6.5 Creedmoor CONFIRMED

Ask yourself why there are no ARs in 30-06.

Because the sheer amount of awesome available would be too much for the human race to handle.

Why does a Garand go "ping"? Because God wanted to announce to the world: "8 more rounds of God Given Awesome bout to go in!"
I think your onto something here…

Reactions: padfoot 37
3f213312-c226-4c6e-b074-863461504f01-jpeg.7783008
*30 Creedmoor

It's all about bullet weight.
Physics.
I can lob big heavy bullets at low velocity and they will retain energy much better than light fast bullets due only to bullet weight.
You guys do know that buffalo hunters were shooting old Sharps rifles 800-1000 yards and more in the 1800s, stuff like 45-110 to 50-140.
Those old heavy bullets retained enough energy to kill a buffalo at that same 1000 yards.
Try that with your manbun cartridge of the weak.....I mean week.
153.5 berger 6.5 creed 5 shot group with 3.020 col 4831 sc 43.4 gr and I ain't got no bun !

Attachments

• 20211231_122957.jpg
    20211231_122957.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Love
Reactions: JS8588
153.5 berger 6.5 creed 5 shot group with 3.020 col 4831 sc 43.4 gr and I ain't got no bun !
So....you killed a .....paper ?

Did you even bother to actually read what I typed in there so carefully ?

Try killing a buffalo/bison at 1000 yards with your manbun.
The bullet will probably bounce off.

• Haha
Reactions: Rhed and Rob01
I typically shoot far enough away my muzzle blast doesn’t pepper the shoot n see target so my claims are at least believable;)

It's all about bullet weight.
Physics.
I can lob big heavy bullets at low velocity and they will retain energy much better than light fast bullets due only to bullet weight.
You guys do know that buffalo hunters were shooting old Sharps rifles 800-1000 yards and more in the 1800s, stuff like 45-110 to 50-140.
Those old heavy bullets retained enough energy to kill a buffalo at that same 1000 yards.
Try that with your manbun cartridge of the weak.....I mean week.
I'm old and incontinent so I wear Depends pads. Used to shoot Palma and Fullbore. Liked lobbing small pills over great distances. Bit I digress. When I have to change my pads I started lobbing the used ones about 12 feet or so across the bathroom into a wastebasket. Started getting better but not too consistent. Finally I started noticing that the heavier pads had a flatter trajectory and were more accurately getting into the basket. That got me thinking about the weight of projectiles and how that might be as important as charge weight/velocity to accuracy. Anyway, I'll have to dig out my copy of "Ballistic Performance of Rifle Bullets" and see what Bryan Litz says about it. You can find inspiration in the strangest ways.

• Haha
Reactions: johnnyvw
If I didn’t feel confident in taking a shot from 1/2 a mile away with the rifle I had with me, I would, wait for it, pick my ass up of the ground and get closer. Fuck, I’ve read about 10 year olds shooting monster elk with bows from just a few yards away (the article said 6 yards), and you can’t get closer than 1000 yards? GTFO with that.

Just got done measuring velocity from my 2 AR10 uppers and numbers don’t lie.

6.5 Creed 140 FMJ at 2480 is supersonic to 920 yards (0.4 MOA group)

308 Win 175 SMK at 2490 is supersonic to 1080 (1.25 MOA group)

To boot, the Creed has a 18” Criterion barrel vs the 308’s Ballistic Advantage 16” barrel.

Factory ammo out of both rifles.

Don’t talk to me about anecdotal evidence, efficient 6.5 bullets, drop or wind drift. Almost posted this in bear pit
I shoot that wildcat 6.7-30-Thompson Center.

Is this still available?

So....you killed a .....paper ?

Did you even bother to actually read what I typed in there so carefully ?

Try killing a buffalo/bison at 1000 yards with your manbun.
The bullet will probably bounce off.
With that bullet weight and the smaller orifice of the 264 projectile the 700 bc coiffecient will take down anything the 308 will drop using the right hunting bullet, so go shoot one and be forever changed!I'm sorry I live on the mountain an the need for extends is not needed
This thread is gayer than cum on a mustache.
So wipe off and repaired your rifle!
20211220_125648.jpg

Last edited:

To boot, the Creed has a 18” Criterion barrel vs the 308’s Ballistic Advantage 16” barrel.

Don’t talk to me about anecdotal evidence, efficient 6.5 bullets, drop or wind drift. Almost posted this in bear pit
Why are you running the 140 so slow??? Are you trying to make the 308 better than it really is?

There are so many apples to kumquat comparisons, not to mention overstatement of fact (i.e., "everyone knows....") it not worth commenting,,,, Detailed, well thought out testing, of as close to identical loads for 2 different calibers is needed. And, that statement is oximoronic in and of itself. So, I'll quit before I get further and further off the mark.

Ask yourself why there are no ARs in 30-06.

Because the sheer amount of awesome available would be too much for the human race to handle.

Why does a Garand go "ping"? Because God wanted to announce to the world: "8 more rounds of God Given Awesome bout to go in!"
I cant remember but I think SWORD international chambered their MK-18 Mod Mjölnir in 30-06 when they first introduced it. May have been 300 win mag though. It’s chambered in 300 Norma 338 Norma and 338 Lapua now. If I wasn’t a broke ass peasant that’d by my next large frame AR and I’d shit all over the 6.5 Creed fanboys with it. 😂 For now they’ll just have to make due eating shit from the tried and true .308

Attachments

• 9E42552E-3D4C-4852-88FF-6FD0EBFDC79A.png
    9E42552E-3D4C-4852-88FF-6FD0EBFDC79A.png
    666.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Love
Reactions: rlsmith1
Grandpa is that you? I told you not to post on here while drunk. Dumbest most fud OP I've seen on here in a long time. And that's saying something!

• Haha
Reactions: rlsmith1
Grandpa is that you? I told you not to post on here while drunk. Dumbest most fud OP I've seen on here in a long time. And that's saying something!
Memaw told me not to mix guns and alcohol so I try not to

I cant remember but I think SWORD international chambered their MK-18 Mod Mjölnir in 30-06 when they first introduced it. May have been 300 win mag though. It’s chambered in 300 Norma 338 Norma and 338 Lapua now. If I wasn’t a broke ass peasant that’d by my next large frame AR and I’d shit all over the 6.5 Creed fanboys with it. 😂 For now they’ll just have to make due eating shit from the tried and true .308
Pretty sure lowlight has said every large semi auto in 338 he's shot has had primer/pressure issues.

Nobodies shooting 18" barrels out past 600 yds and expect accuracy but old atf agents!

With superior 308, your other 4 shots would have been on target too 😂
You got one cause in my world we gota shoot to prove it and it's not my experience! The 308 has been outclassed by many long range cartridges as illustrated by the US military !

Attachments

• 6.5-mm-153.5-Grain-Long-Range-Hybrid-Target-Specs (1).jpg
    6.5-mm-153.5-Grain-Long-Range-Hybrid-Target-Specs (1).jpg
    237 KB · Views: 67
I'm old and incontinent so I wear Depends pads. Used to shoot Palma and Fullbore. Liked lobbing small pills over great distances. Bit I digress. When I have to change my pads I started lobbing the used ones about 12 feet or so across the bathroom into a wastebasket. Started getting better but not too consistent. Finally I started noticing that the heavier pads had a flatter trajectory and were more accurately getting into the basket. That got me thinking about the weight of projectiles and how that might be as important as charge weight/velocity to accuracy. Anyway, I'll have to dig out my copy of "Ballistic Performance of Rifle Bullets" and see what Bryan Litz says about it. You can find inspiration in the strangest ways.
Who has the best prices on Depends? Asking for a friend:)

Throwing away 2 rounds per box eats away at much of the cost savings...
Trying to close the group is important for bench shooters so Evan a half " means alot at 300 and over bullet drop is a added varible that stacks like a shit sandwich when trying to ring steel ! You need a spotter and ballistic calculator to hit far out with a inferior outmoded caliber! most people haven't Evan shot the cm but root like a 60's giant fan dam well knowing they got a bed wetter! I load and pay to shoot repeatability and reliable for bang for buck ! The increased powder of a 308 ain't worth 3 grs a shell for me cause nostalgia!

Wow, I didn't think this thread could get any stupider. The level of one ups man ship in this thread is astounding.

Or maybe some posters here are few Elmer's short of a full a Fudd.