• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

338 Lapua actions?

Munimula

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2010
Zillah, WA
I'm curious if there are actions available in 338 Lapua that are under 1k?

Obviously in most cases you get what you pay for and I'm looking around for something to possibly start a build in that caliber. I have experience with Mauser 98 actions and really like them for their simple durability and consistent performance. Supposedly legacy sports has new actions that have 3 position safety and swept bolt handles for scopes which is perfect. But when I search their website the only thing I can find are Howa barreled actions and none of them are available in 333LM.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: 338 Lapua actions?

There aren't too many actions available commercially that can chamber 338LM. I believe, all of them are at least 1K.

I was drooling over a Surgeon but that is about 1200 bones. I could buy a complete 700P in 338LM for that price. (if i could find one)

Humm... interesting. I discovered that an action with a .416 bolt face works for .338LM builds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Munimula</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was drooling over a Surgeon but that is about 1200 bones. I could buy a complete 700P in 338LM for that price. (if i could find one) </div></div>

You get what you pay for too.

I have a Lawton 7000 actioned 338 Lapua RWSGunsmithing built for me and it's a laser. I can shoot one ragged hole 5 shot groups at 100. Beautiful groups at distance too
wink.gif

yeah. that Lawton 7000 action seems a good way to go. You can use off the shelf rem 700 triggers and stocks for it. Perhaps a jewel trigger or something. Still scheming at this point obviously.

Thanks for the heads up RWS. You have reasonable prices. How far out are you on work? Weeks? Months?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Munimula</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah. that Lawton 7000 action seems a good way to go. You can use off the shelf rem 700 triggers and stocks for it. Perhaps a jewel trigger or something. Still scheming at this point obviously.

Thanks for the heads up RWS. You have reasonable prices. How far out are you on work? Weeks? Months? </div></div>

Really depends on when you order. But on average 14 weeks.