• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

37XC build

Wish I was closer... I'd come spot for ya (y)
I’d enjoy that. I’d be happy to spot for you too. Maybe us Washington folks should put together a local ELR shoot. Not much for ELR in our state comp wise. Unless you want to count the riflemans team challenge which just barely gets in to ELR imo.

Reactions: Steel head
I’d enjoy that. I’d be happy to spot for you too. Maybe us Washington folks should put together a local ELR shoot. Not much for ELR in our state comp wise. Unless you want to count the riflemans team challenge which just barely gets in to ELR imo.
I love to visit my old stomping grounds anyways!

Lots of public land in wa. With all the road closers it’s getting safer and safer to shoot ELR. I got a great spot near creston wa to get out to 2 miles

Got a good spot on the kettle crest as well but it’s a serious hike to get to the shooting position. Though if it’s August we would have a good chance at a nice black bear as well

Yah... the last 'dedicated' event I remember was a PRS (I thought) sponsored deal... they didn't have enough shooters signed up, so it got scrubbed (not enough pay-ins for the pay-outs). Part of that I think was due to the round count... something like 130-ish rounds, which seems kind of ridiculous for magnums. Later I asked on here (in this sub-forum) and people were saying they all had 300+ rounds for their ELR guns (shocked the heck out of me).

Something more casual, along the lines of a 'rifle golf' match, with nothing on the table but braggin' rights... would be more fun (I think).

Yah... the last 'dedicated' event I remember was a PRS (I thought) sponsored deal... they didn't have enough shooters signed up, so it got scrubbed (not enough pay-ins for the pay-outs). Part of that I think was due to the round count... something like 130-ish rounds, which seems kind of ridiculous for magnums. Later I asked on here (in this sub-forum) and people were saying they all had 300+ rounds for their ELR guns (shocked the heck out of me).

Something more casual, along the lines of a 'rifle golf' match, with nothing on the table but braggin' rights... would be more fun (I think).
Completely agree. Riflemans team challenge was like 180 plus rounds. I just about crapped my self. I’m like are you kidding that’s like a 1/4 of a barrel. I’m more of a 20 rounds a day kind of guy. More fun to shoot 3 and let conditions change before shooting again

I'm a fan of the old Findlay Cup scoring... it went something like:

50 points for a 1st round hit - this is the ideal, the gold standard, for hunting pretty much anything (with 2 or 4 legs)
30 points for a 2nd round hit - you still get credit for a hit, and being able to correct off your impact
20 points for a 3rd round hit - you still get something, but noticeably less

It was more in keeping with the old saying: 'One shot, one deer. Two shots, maybe deer. Three shots... no deer' ;)

At the end of the day, the best shooters should (ideally) have the lowest round count. It's not IPSC with a bolt gun.

Reactions: jasent
Ya I completely agree. If ya want to shoot a 100 rounds a day bring 3 guns. Bun I’m guilty of just shooting every single bullet I brought that day too. That’s how I learned I could hit targets with my 357 at 300 yards. Typically I only buy about 100 peace’s of brass for each cartridge. Much of my shooting is from home so if I ran out I just walk to the shed and load some more.

I'm a fan of the old Findlay Cup scoring... it went something like:

50 points for a 1st round hit - this is the ideal, the gold standard, for hunting pretty much anything (with 2 or 4 legs)
30 points for a 2nd round hit - you still get credit for a hit, and being able to correct off your impact
20 points for a 3rd round hit - you still get something, but noticeably less

It was more in keeping with the old saying: 'One shot, one deer. Two shots, maybe deer. Three shots... no deer' ;)

At the end of the day, the best shooters should (ideally) have the lowest round count. It's not IPSC with a bolt gun.
I prefer the talking shit format:)

Tactical muffins. Is that slang for huckleberry muffins?? My ol lady makes these huckleberry brownies you’d just about die for. All picked locally
OMG!!!!!
You had me at brownies!
I’m busy this weekend but totally game after that!

Or marionberry.
A1CEE3CD-FBF3-436C-BF59-A9130BD71984.jpeg

I’ll be back up to my spot June 13 th. That’s my bachelors party. Going to fish waits lake as well but probably camp at the shooting spot or near by
C61E7265-057A-4191-8025-9304CBDFEAFA.jpeg

I’m in the camp of, I drive 100s of miles to shoot some shit, you better not have 30 rounds and send me home! I don’t care about barrel life, I like sending rounds down range and learning. More rounds spent, generally the more I’m learning

I’m in the camp of, I drive 100s of miles to shoot some shit, you better not have 30 rounds and send me home! I don’t care about barrel life, I like sending rounds down range and learning. More rounds spent, generally the more I’m learning
You wanna drive up her to shoot we will shoot till we can cook dinner with our barrels

• Haha
I just don’t see a comp where only 3 targets are even in ELR range with a 180 round count for the day being much informative. Now 180 rounds starting at 1500 I’m down for that, hell I’d bolt my rock chucker to my tailgate. But ending at 1800 I’ll do that 15 min from my house if not from the back yard.

Reactions: Geno C.
I just don’t see a comp where only 3 targets are even in ELR range with a 180 round count for the day being much informative. Now 180 rounds starting at 1500 I’m down for that. But ending at 1800 I’ll do that 15 min from my house if not from the back yard.
That’s a non starter for me. The cold bore starter should be 1500+ for me to come with the 375. Otherwise, there are smaller tools for the job

Time to order new bullets. Didn’t realize I’m down to 9 rounds Left. Got 213 round down the tube. Free bore looks like charcoal but it’s shooting great
8904E6FB-E8AD-42D0-A088-40F1A4F08C73.jpeg

Was a super wet weekend and you couldn’t even see the mountain from shooting position. Hopefully I’ll be back up there after the wedding

37XC yes have 213 rounds through it now. Shooting the 361gr flatline at 3040fps. Es of 10 and .5 moa

The stock 338 barrel is under the bench with a few other barrels collecting dust

Last edited:
His rifle original had a 338 lapua barrel but he heroically home smithed a 37XC Barrel that‘s on it now.
Yes, but I asked how the xc was shooting and he said it’s still a Lapua and hasn’t messed with it. Then he said he has 213 rounds of xc through it and the 338 barrel is under the bench...

Yes, but I asked how the xc was shooting and he said it’s still a Lapua and hasn’t messed with it. Then he said he has 213 rounds of xc through it and the 338 barrel is under the bench...
213rds of 37XC... He hasn't done a 33XC yet. The factory 338 Lapua barrel he pulled off is still in 338 Lapua

Reactions: jasent and Geno C.
I got it. 33 and 37xc mistyped. I’m really just curious how an XC works in this 112 action. Seeing as it’s longer than the Cheytac I’m thinking about stuffing in there

Steel head is correct. Planned on reaming the 338 barrel to 33xc but have not done so. It currently using the 37XC I chambered by hand. It’s working out great and I doubt I’ll go custom action unless it has a failure before the barrel is burned up. Very happy with the build. I do have to pull the bolt to eject a live round but I installed a folder on the chassis so it’s easy

Steel head is correct. Planned on reaming the 338 barrel to 33xc but have not done so. It currently using the 37XC I chambered by hand. It’s working out great and I doubt I’ll go custom action unless it has a failure before the barrel is burned up. Very happy with the build. I do have to pull the bolt to eject a live round but I installed a folder on the chassis so it’s easy
I’m watching closely.
I’d like to build something exactly like you 37XC.
I have to buy a Charles Tarac first.