• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

#4 T repro on the way back, 91/30 PEM on the way

BountyHunter

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2003
Wilmington NC
Just sent a pristine all matching ex sniper PEM, Ukranian scope and accoumounts side mount to Bruce Dow at Dow Arms Room in FL. He is an expert on the vintage snipers.

He is finishing my #4 T repro now and it is should be coming soon. It was rearsenaled Canadian savage like new 2 twist, Bisley original spec pads, Roger Payne's exact repro mount and Warrens reworked #32 replica scope.

I will post some pics when it comes in and when I take it to the range.

Look forward to a range report and some pictures on both. If Bruce likes doing PEM and even more so, PEs, he can get a lot of business. Two major resniper experts have stopped doing them.

Can't wait to see pics! And I agree with Mike, a lot of people are looking to have PE's built with nowhere to go.

Can't wait tot see the 4T. Looking for a good replica scope as I have everything else. Some advice would be great.

Can't wait tot see the 4T. Looking for a good replica scope as I have everything else. Some advice would be great.

From what I found out there are NOT any good replicas as they are made. This scope was a replica that was gone thru and major parts replaced by Warren Wheatfield in Canada (Warren on milsurps forum). He makes parts for original #32s and works on them. Try him and see if he has another one.

the replica pads and mounts are all over the map and a bear to work on and get to work. Order your pads ($150) from Bisley LTD in England and the mount ($300) from Roger Payne in England also. Roger is on the milsurp forum also. He makes about a dozen every year so be prepared to wait a day or two.

Bruce Dow at Dow Arms Room in Dade Fl put it together and said everything matched up perfectly. Only thing is he goes thru a drill bit and tap set every hole.

Last edited:
I will get in contact with warren.

I Have and original 4T with the pads, mount and transit case it is just lacking the scope.

Thanks for the info!

I will get in contact with warren.

I Have and original 4T with the pads, mount and transit case it is just lacking the scope.

Thanks for the info!

Just to confirm what Bountyhunter said - A lot of the repro pads out there seem to have taken measurements from pads already fitted to original rifles.

When the No4T's were originally converted all pads were fitted by hand individually to the already prepped receiver wallensure correct alignment with the bore. In many cases this required detailed work that reduced the size of the original blanks - hence the issue with undersized repros.

The pads I fitted to my repro were undersized and required shimming to get them to where they needed to be.

So far there have been no problems but if I was doing this again I would definitley hunt down a set of correct sized blanks - not the cheapest route but does away with the shims and loctite!

Last edited: