• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB 458 socom TL3 prefit

Wanting To Buy

nnnn16

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 14, 2010
Texas
I know it's a longshot request but I'm looking to lob the heavies so I'll need a 14 twist or faster. Prefer 10 twist.
I'll also be needing the loading components. Brass, large pistol primers, 500gr makers, 570gr Lehigh or similar subsonic expanding, etc..
Let me know and hopefully we can wrk something out.

Please and Thanks

This project is for a very specific application. It needs to be as quiet as possible, as consistent at 400+yds as possible, with as much energy as possible on target. In my opinion, the bolt action platform is the easiest way to achieve those goals in a single gun. However, I'm no expert and am open to suggestion.

You’re describing 338 lapua. I guarantee it will get the job done and given it’s ballistics will be “more accurate” than 458. anything flatter shooter than its counterpart is what I would consider “more accurate” due to the relative chance of miss die to drop

• Haha
Reactions: bachelorjack
338 lapua is not quiet. OP sounds like he wants to use the big subsonic bullets.

338 lapua is not quiet. OP sounds like he wants to use the big subsonic bullets.
I would never expect to shoot a sub reliably or ethically at 400 yards. Granted I don’t have experience with them but that FPS over distance seems tough.

Last edited:
Should be like lobbing mortar shells, I know. I like a challenge and I understand the difficulties of the project. Also I think most people would share your doubt. That's what makes it fun.