• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.499 LWR pics

Re: .499 LWR pics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyle1974</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bigger photo......

IM000783.jpg
</div></div>

thank you sir.., how did you do that ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That pic may not have a piece of paper with his name on it, but that dang sure fits the bill for describing what he says he has in his safe.

Some apologies might be in order on some of yall's behalves... </div></div>

thank you sir, those are very kind words, apologies will never repair the hurt in my heart........

This is pretty funny...this guy Pete has you guys hook, line, and sinker!

that pistol is a 45-70, we got one in our local gun/coffee shop. it aint anything special. the rounds next to it are from a beowolf 50 thingey. look at the rims.

yeah Pete if you honestly have a picture with the caliber markings and a sheet of paper with Piston Pete on there, then ill believe you, but all Leitner Wise offered on their site was a chambering up to the 6.8 spc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah Pete if you honestly have a picture with the caliber markings and a sheet of paper with Piston Pete on there, then ill believe you, but all Leitner Wise offered on their site was a chambering up to the 6.8 spc </div></div>

do you know Jack ? i do not believe you know JACK !!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i own three carbines and the most powerful revolver the world has ever known.

</div></div>

Don't get me wrong, that's a big gun, but it's not the most powerful. It doesn't hold a candle to this pistol.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q_XX2lIT1tQ&NR=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q_XX2lIT1tQ&NR=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah Pete if you honestly have a picture with the caliber markings and a sheet of paper with Piston Pete on there, then ill believe you, but all Leitner Wise offered on their site was a chambering up to the 6.8 spc </div></div>

do you know Jack ? i do not believe you know JACK !! </div></div>

Pete,
You comments come across as an indignant little man. When given an opportunity to open up and freely communicate you seem to want to carry your little issue forward.

For arguments sake, I will assume you have a mythical .499….. My next response is, SO WHAT?????

I have yet to see how your tirades have moved the discussion forwards in any way shape or form? They only seem to open you up to attention and ridicule. Perhaps that is your end game? You want attention? I have better things to do (figuring out why my shots are going left and right more than up and down) than to point out your tantrum.

A bit of advice, consider protesting less and doing more.

Just my thought, your mileage may vary.

hey chiller, how r ya? hey man i got a quick fix for your left right issue. roll your rifle 90 degrees either way and fire, then it will be up down lol, on a serious note, pete...... what do you want from people?

I would no longer have a height over bore discussion. It would be interesting to think this one through as the windage would become elevation and somehow to elevation would become windage. EXCEPT…for the small acute triangle that allows you to have a 100 yard zero…… Assume you want to make a shot at 500 yards in this configuration????

If you zoom in on the ammo box it does say .499 LWR.

What is your photobucket name piston?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would no longer have a height over bore discussion. It would be interesting to think this one through as the windage would become elevation and somehow to elevation would become windage. EXCEPT…for the small acute triangle that allows you to have a 100 yard zero…… Assume you want to make a shot at 500 yards in this configuration???? </div></div>
Aim high and right......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyle1974</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bigger photo......

IM000783.jpg
</div></div>

thank you sir.., how did you do that ? </div></div>

in your photobucket account, you have to make sure you are copying the text for the direct link for the photo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that pistol is a 45-70, we got one in our local gun/coffee shop. it aint anything special. the rounds next to it are from a beowolf 50 thingey. look at the rims. </div></div>

the <span style="color: #009900"><span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">REVOLVER</span></span></span> is not a 45-70..., it is a .499 LWR......, also you need to learn the difference between a "pistol" and a <span style="color: #009900"><span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">REVOLVER</span></span></span> but i guess i can excuse you for that, most newbies don't know the difference, stick around my friend, i believe you can learn a lot here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that pistol is a 45-70, we got one in our local gun/coffee shop. it aint anything special. the rounds next to it are from a beowolf 50 thingey. look at the rims. </div></div>

the <span style="color: #009900"><span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">REVOLVER</span></span></span> is not a 45-70..., it is a .499 LWR......, also you need to learn the difference between a "pistol" and a <span style="color: #009900"><span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">REVOLVER</span></span></span> but i guess i can excuse you for that, most newbies don't know the difference, stick around my friend, i believe you can learn a lot here.
</div></div>

newbie? Ummm ok, hey guys, I'm a newbie because this doush had to correct me when I called his 45-70 a pistol and not a revolver.

Pete will stop this and it will get out of hand and the insuing thread lock is imminent

I know how to stop this, Hey Pete, why dont you ask to see Franks proof that he was a Marine Sniper.

Let's see the following:

rifle in the middle, broken down, bolt carrier out bolt face showing,
show caliber markings
show the same mag, loaded with .499LWR box next to it.....

all in the same picture...ON THE SAME RUG!

Guys...we seriously just need to stop feeding his need for attention, be it good or bad, by ignoring him.Just leave him be! He has NOTHING worthwhile to contribute, he can't say anything constructive,he seems to start the dissention.He lives for it and WE are the dumbasses! Just let him burnout on his own and he'll fit in somewhere else...most likely some internet 'warrior" game with the other sidewalk commando's...

Pete,

There is only one way to truly redeem yourself. Shoot yourself with the .499 and have the coroner's ballistic report sent to Snipers Hide, if its a .499 you are forgiven.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: exhogflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys...we seriously just need to stop feeding his need for attention, be it good or bad, by ignoring him.Just leave him be! He has NOTHING worthwhile to contribute, he can't say anything constructive,he seems to start the dissention.He lives for it and WE are the dumbasses! Just let him burnout on his own and he'll fit in somewhere else...most likely some internet 'warrior" game with the other sidewalk commando's... </div></div>

BINGO.......And just to be nice we can all wish Pete well and sing....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XlzPFm44Wac"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XlzPFm44Wac" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: exhogflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys...we seriously just need to stop feeding his need for attention, be it good or bad, by ignoring him.Just leave him be! He has NOTHING worthwhile to contribute, he can't say anything constructive,he seems to start the dissention.He lives for it and WE are the dumbasses! Just let him burnout on his own and he'll fit in somewhere else...most likely some internet 'warrior" game with the other sidewalk commando's... </div></div>

BINGO.......And just to be nice we can all wish Pete well and sing....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XlzPFm44Wac"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XlzPFm44Wac" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
</div></div>

LOL!!! That music goes great with that zombie animation you have on your sig line.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: exhogflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys...we seriously just need to stop feeding his need for attention, be it good or bad, by ignoring him.Just leave him be! He has NOTHING worthwhile to contribute, he can't say anything constructive,he seems to start the dissention.He lives for it and WE are the dumbasses! Just let him burnout on his own and he'll fit in somewhere else...most likely some internet 'warrior" game with the other sidewalk commando's... </div></div>If this thread gets jerked, it won't be PP's fault...

I like wil's post, with the addition that the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">45-70</span> revolver be cracked open to show what kind of moon clips one uses to keep them rebated rims headspaced.......

Isn't that a Magnum Research BFR Revolver? click the link below they look the same. Also I would like to see the moon clips that PP's 499 uses. I shoot alot of revolvers and my 625 has to use clips due to the rim and the 499 is much more rebated than the 45acp. I could care less if he owns one of every thing in the world Pistol Pete is a DOUCHE either way!

http://www.chuckhawks.com/magnum_research_BFR.jpg

Maybe the guy with the helium flying saucer will post something more full of shit than his "My 6 year old son is in the balloon" hoax and we will all forget this sorry thread!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe the guy with the helium flying saucer will post something more full of shit than his "My 6 year old son is in the balloon" hoax and we will all forget this sorry thread!

</div></div>It's a good thing you're not very judgemenetal.
blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe the guy with the helium flying saucer will post something more full of shit than his "My 6 year old son is in the balloon" hoax and we will all forget this sorry thread!

</div></div>

probably not...

one ring on a reciever, one on the rail and a crappy qr that will come lose. That smells like disaster already

one ring on a reciever, one on the rail and a crappy qr that will come lose. That smells like disaster already

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like wil's post, with the addition that the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">45-70</span> revolver be cracked open to show what kind of moon clips one uses to keep them rebated rims headspaced.......</div></div>
That's a single action with a loading gate. The cylinder doesn't swing out, and there are no moon clips. The cartridges would headspace as they normally would, on the case mouth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
and the truth is i own three carbines and the most powerful revolver the world has ever known.
</div></div>
Sorry Petey, not even close.

http://www.vincelewis.net/60magnum.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe the guy with the helium flying saucer will post something more full of shit than his "My 6 year old son is in the balloon" hoax and we will all forget this sorry thread!

</div></div>It's a good thing you're not very judgemenetal.
blush.gif
</div></div>

Well, It may not have been a hoax. It it sure looks, sounds and feels like a hoax, with attention whore parents exploitng their children for publicity, a curiously tethered, inflated, accessible balloon left for the children to "frolic" in, and a coincidental camera, that just happened to be recording prior to the balloon's "accidental" launch. The child's inconvenient utterances afterward as well as his parents indifference to the same child's projectile vomiting, on live T.V. no less, only serve to cast doubt on their veracity.

Nah, couldn't be a hoax...

Sorry but I thought there was a corrolation to this thread since I am still confused as to whether,
a) the revolver in question exists,
b) is owned by the OP and
c) there isn't a ham handed subterfuge being exploited for his enjoyment.

As Wil said, if it turns out PP truly owns the revolver he so superlatively bragged about and further, is baffled by the rigors of posting photo's of it, then I will be happy to enthuse and congratulate him for his good fortune to own one.

As it sits now, this has been an anticlimatic thread at best, punctuated with biting satire and funny comments. I hope my paltry effort contributed in some fashion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like wil's post, with the addition that the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">45-70</span> revolver be cracked open to show what kind of moon clips one uses to keep them rebated rims headspaced....... </div></div>

the .499 LWR head space from the case mouth, too long and they will not allow cylinder to turn, too short and the firing pin will not make contact, when reloading there is NO crimp, i guess some of you know very little about head spacing..., stand at least an arms length from each other...
wink.gif

Let's see the following:

show caliber markings

this is what we all want to see Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swarrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't that a Magnum Research BFR Revolver? !

http://www.chuckhawks.com/magnum_research_BFR.jpg </div></div>

yes sir, you are right on, it is a Magnum Research BFR, they only made 25 of them.., and NO fucking Moon clips necessary as the cartridge head spaces on the case mouth, me thinks some of you folks need some education on revolvers, head spacing and most guns in general
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kombar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
sobrbiker883 said:
That's a single action with a loading gate. The cylinder doesn't swing out, and there are no moon clips. The cartridges would headspace as they normally would, on the case mouth. </div></div>

i can not believe it !!!! one very smart feller (was going to use the fart smeller, but the dummies here would never grasp the humor !) you are, now try educating the dummies here..., moon clips ?? can you believe how stupid that sounds ??? for a single action revolver.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's see the following:

show caliber markings

this is what we all want to see Pete </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 26pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">WHY ??</span></span></span>
first you all wanted photos, it took me a while to get them up, now you want something else, how about my new S&W M&P 15-.22LR along with my new MOD. 1 from L-W Defense ? and maybe my new LWRCI M6A2 ?

when are you guys ever going to give up ? as someone stated earlier.., "he is laughing at you guys"

right on bro !!!

Pete....
Seems you get frustrated and upset at most of the guys here for being critical and mistrusting of you.Well, maybe so....but when you go back and look at some of the things you've said and claimed without backing it up, can you really blame them? You might know what you're talking about...but here you're a newb ( as I am)and sorta need to "get accepted".Maybe it's not right but that's the way it is.Everyone goes thru it, though it's usually harder for someone that claims shit then can't or won't prove it.Remember, there's all kinds of people on here, and I dare say a fair amount of guys here REALLY know what the fuck they're talking about along with a good number of professionals...I'm talking the kinds of guys you read about.AND a few assholes/ trolls.Plus it's voluntary, meaning if you don't like it/ can't handle it we're all free to go somewhere else.You need to look at your reason for being on here....entertainment?To learn? To kick a beehive?To share with the group? Really take a long hard look at how you've acted and what you've claimed....you might see why you get treated like this...