• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6.5 grendel parts???

Re: 6.5 grendel parts???

I know Saturn has bolts. Not sure about the extension though. I thought I saw some on midway. Bravo co may have em. Or you could call Alexander Arms. They definitely should have them. Ì

OP asked for 6.5 Grendel...
.264lbc is not the same...and from what I've read, is problematic.

Wanna, not to get off the ops topic, but what problems have you heard about the 264lbc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wannashootit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OP asked for 6.5 Grendel...
.264lbc is not the same...and from what I've read, is problematic.</div></div>

errr.. no.... its a improved throat grendel...

Wow I never thought I'd see the day when someone posted that the 6.5 Grendel ran better then something else!!

Now that said I love that round...in the form of 264-LBC. Call Les Bear and oder one of there extensions and bolts. Its the same thing as the Grendel....if you are so inclined then also order one of the 264LBC reamers from Pacific Tool&Gage and have one built by Mark G. at Short Action Customs. Good luck.

The Grendel is saami approved because AA finally gave up their trademark rights. I think most agree that this held the cartridge back a little from gaining popularity. The 264lbc was Les Baers attempt to improve on the basic design, now we all know Les Baers made some damn fine Grendel rifles before they introduced their own 264lbc, the reamer specs they made almost immediately available to all. I really have heard nothing bad about the Grendel or any if its clones. I opted for 264lbc because a local manufacturer was making some damn fine barrels in that chambering. If there was anything I would say in comparing the 6.5 Grendel to the 264lbc, is one has a jack of all trades chamber, the other a little more polished. Op finding an extension for a stripped barrel might be the easier part of your build, timing it, is a whole other can of worms. As mentioned above, Les Baers does have bolts and extensions in 264 for sale, if that doesn't interest you, check with Steve Satern or another barrel manufacturer for a source for extensions.

DPMS sells barrel extensions, Armalite, Midway etc.
7.62x39 bolts work, have the barrel chambered/headspaced for the 7.62x39 bolt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wannashootit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OP asked for 6.5 Grendel...

errr.. no.... its a improved throat grendel... </div></div>

Mebbe problematic wasn't the right word...but would be if you wanted to shoot a variety of ammunition.

What I have read is that the .264lbc does not have the compound Grendel throat which allows it to run a wide variety of ammo, and that the chamber of the .264lbc is very tight, and is specifically cut to run the 123 AMax...and that running other ammo can be "problematic"

If this is incorrect, please correct me with documentation...

I had to order my bolt through alexander arms but I just used a standard ar barrel extension from white oak

Wanna, I actually haven't read anything like that on any of the forums with regards to the 264lbc being problematic with lighter bullets, my own rifle wasn't very fond of them but when I say that, the group size couldn't compare with the 123 scenar load that I settled with, also my barrel has a 1/8 twist. The Grendel has a compound throat angle with a 300 chamber, the 264LBC has 295 neck, with a more traditional chamber and is in fact much more similar to Arne Brennan original 6.5 CSS. There was a very well documented problem with Grendels and Hornady ammuntion, when it wouldn't fit in the Grendel chamber but would in the 264lbc, obviously that was Hornady problem. One problem I do see is folks trying to make a lighter bullet work in a faster twist barrel or using the wrong powder with a particular bullet. I will agree that my 264lbc really likes 123 scenars.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wannashootit</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wannashootit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OP asked for 6.5 Grendel...

errr.. no.... its a improved throat grendel... </div></div>

Mebbe problematic wasn't the right word...but would be if you wanted to shoot a variety of ammunition.

What I have read is that the .264lbc does not have the compound Grendel throat which allows it to run a wide variety of ammo, and that the chamber of the .264lbc is very tight, and is specifically cut to run the 123 AMax...and that running other ammo can be "problematic"

If this is incorrect, please correct me with documentation... </div></div>
So you can say what ever you want but you want others to produce documentation? where's yours?
I've been shooting a 6.5CSS and a few other similar chambers since 05.
The CSS which has a .295 will shoot any 6.5 Grendel ammo currently made including the Wolf Gold. If you don't have first hane experience with a product sometime it's best you don't comment on it or you look..well no so smart.
Here is a quote from Arne B. was Bill A old partner and probably had and shot a 6.5 before Bill A ever thought about making one. The Grendel has a .300 neck and is a general purpose chamber. The 264LBC has a common 1.5 degree throat and IS more accurate than the Grendel.
It shoots Black Hills 123SMK ammo into 1/2" right out of the box so that kind of blows your "made for the 123 Amax" out of the water.

quote from Arne B.-
Back when brass cost 38 cents per piece, getting only 4 loadings on a case before seeing split necks was bad. Now, lapua brass costs $1 per piece, and getting the most life out of brass that you can is very important.
In the 295 neck chamber, 10 reloading cycles with no split necks was the norm. As a matter of fact, I NEVER threw out a case with the .295 chamber, but did throw out brass with the 300 neck chamber.