• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6.5 Remington Magnum????

Raven796

Private
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2012
Wyoming
Just wondering if anyone knows where to get brass for this round. I think it might be buried with Jimmy Hoffa. Also any tips of loads people have used with this round. Thanks in advance.

I was going to do a build in the 6.5 mag, but could not locate brass on a regular basis. Midway has a run once a year. If you don't get it then, you probably won't get it. On one occassion I found it on e-bay, but he wanted way too much for it. So he got to keep it! A .264 Win Mag is very close to the 6.5 mag. If you do not hot rod it you can get good throat life and brass is available from Midway and others.

Same data as 6.5x284 + couple of grains. Only problem is trying to find brass. Go with 6.5x284 just because there is so much brass selection. Lapua, Norma,
Nosler, Hornady.

brass isnt really that hard to come by watch gunshows. I have a ruger m77 in 6.5 and have several hundred rounds of new brass and several boxes of factory loads remington made some current production stuff when they made the 673 in that caliber but i havent had very good accuracy with the 120gr loads

If you are committed to the chambering in the long run you can use a set of dies to form brass from other magnum cases then neck turn.

Just wanting to give a shout out to MLC and plumbcrazyjr for assisting me in finding brass. Two stand up guys that make me proud to be a part of this site!!