6GT Project/Range Report

sleeplz

Private
Belligerents
May 12, 2017
Changed out barrels to prepare for k&m kahles match. Elemental industries of TN spun me a bartlein barrel in less than a week and it's doin alright.

Attachments

Darkside-Six

My Dixie Wrecked
Belligerents
Oct 8, 2013
Lol. The only FB group I’d pay attention to is the original 6GT group that has George Gardner and Tom Jacobs I’m as well as many too PRS shooters. Some really good info posted on there with little bullshit. As far as being “finicky” to load for, I think that’s a load of shit. I had to get a new barrel on mine because the first one had a groove in the chamber from a chip on the reamer. Shot 5 round groups every .1 grains with Varget and had a .7 grain spread that ever group was below a 6 SD and they all grouped great. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Niles Coyote

Kadams1563

Giver of Bad Advice
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
I can’t find that group anymore. I knew I was a member in it but now it’s disappeared for me.

JustSendit

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2019
Impact Bartlin 26” barrel
105 Bergers
35 thou off lands
35.0gr varget
Fed small rifle primers
mv 3020
Hornady Brass
sd 5, ties knots

I started with that, and I could no do anything wrong I messed around seating between 10thou and 70thou and it just worked all the time. Settled a little deeper than 20, seemed to be the sweet spot.

After 400rds, and a recent match, I had a little increased velocity and also some extractor swipes, primers flattening a little bit.

Backing down to 34.5 for summer, just looking for that 3015 spot, no need to push too much more.

6GT has been simply one of the easiest most forgiving rounds I’ve loaded for. Granted that’s with one barrel, we’ll see how the next one goes.

Last edited:

Jake the dog

Private
Belligerents
May 9, 2017
Savannah, GA
Impact Bartlin 26” barrel
35 thou off lands
35.0gr varget
3020fps
Hornady Brass
sd 5, ties knots

I started with that, and I could no do anything wrong I messed around seating between 10thou and 70thou and it just worked all the time. Settled a little deeper than 20, seemed to be the sweet spot.

After 400rds, and a recent match, I had a little increased velocity and also some primer swipes.

Backing down to 34.8 for summer, still getting just a hair over 3000fps.

6GT has been simply one of the easiest most forgiving rounds I’ve loaded for. Granted that’s with one barrel, we’ll see how the next one goes.

What bullet and weight? Still waiting on a barrel, but might put together 50 rounds for break in, I have 109 Bergers.

JustSendit

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2019
What bullet and weight? Still waiting on a barrel, but might put together 50 rounds for break in, I have 109 Bergers.
Whoops that ought to have been included, my mistake.

Berger 105s strongly considering trying 109s next.

I have it out today still getting 3040 with 34.8, I’m knocking that back a bit, still seeing some pressure signs too. Considering 34.5 next batch of virgin Hornady.

Last edited:

Darkside-Six

My Dixie Wrecked
Belligerents
Oct 8, 2013
I must have been blocked or banned for some reason. I cannot find it.

I didn’t even do anything but give George money lol wtf.

Kadams1563

Giver of Bad Advice
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
yup it just loads and loads. Will not pull the page up.

Wonder who the mods are so I can message them and see what’s going on.

The only thing I ever asked was about a reamer and when GAP would get stuff back in stock. If I was banned I would like to know why or what happened.

I just stopped seeing post about the GT one day and was like why can’t I find the group. Thought maybe I went crazy.

Kadams1563

Giver of Bad Advice
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Anyone else have mag feed problems. Mine will will want to nose dive every now and then. Pain in my ass. Impact, foundation and Hawkins bottom metal.
Mine does it too but I looked at my mags and the lips need to be adjusted. They are too far apart.

Dumptruck01

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2019
Raleigh NC
Hell I bought 2 new mags Samething. I can load all the rounds about .200 forward and they feed like butter. I was thinking about making an insert to keep them pushing back.

B-P-UU

Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Soft case head in some batches is the general consensus among several who have looked at it. Without hardness tests no way to verify.

Dies are sizing properly. Hornady factory brass and formed lapua works fine.
Did Alpha work with you at all? Refund?

I think mine is soft as well.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
Did Alpha work with you at all? Refund?

I think mine is soft as well.
The couple times I mentioned it on FB groups they are part of, they blamed it on anything an everything you can imagine. So, I didn’t reach out to them privately about it, so I’m not sure how they would handle it that want. Wasn’t impressed with public response. Won’t be using alpha for any brass going forward. Had issues with dasher brass as well.

Hornady factory brass and my own lapua 6gt work fine.

Darkside-Six

My Dixie Wrecked
Belligerents
Oct 8, 2013
yup it just loads and loads. Will not pull the page up.

Wonder who the mods are so I can message them and see what’s going on.

The only thing I ever asked was about a reamer and when GAP would get stuff back in stock. If I was banned I would like to know why or what happened.

I just stopped seeing post about the GT one day and was like why can’t I find the group. Thought maybe I went crazy.
George Gardner, Ken Lin, and Tom Jacobs are the admins. maybe message them.