• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 6GT Project/Range Report

LRI will do pretty much anything and they have some really fancy fluting options if you're into that.

Area 419 has 6 mm and 6.5 mm on their website, I suspect they can do whatever if you contact them.

'ppreciate it! The X-Caliber guys expect GT reamers and go/no-go's sometime in December and wouldn't be surprised there was another sale. Figured I'd pass on the info.

Reactions: Niles Coyote
'ppreciate it! The X-Caliber guys expect GT reamers and go/no-go's sometime in December and wouldn't be surprised there was another sale. Figured I'd pass on the info.
Oops, I forgot what thread I was in! Looks like Area 419 can do 6GT, but it's not listed on LRI's site.

Meanwhile, I have been sacked by Swanny
20191031_151552-1.jpg

#swannyscompgear

What's the deal with the Alpha brass? Batch #2, are there any updates on shipping?

Yup, 500 of them in the sack :)
@Darkside-Six I seated two of these cases with 105 hybrids and got a .268 reading on the neck size. Are you seeing the same with yours? I'm thinking a .266 bushing will work well.

I don’t have my cases yet and will probably run 110 A-Tips. Gonna be a little patient figuring it out.

2 newb questions...

Has anyone used imr4064?

And what kind kind of barrel life are people getting out of this? If you run reasonable charges

Last edited:
Some data points on my 500 pieces of Hornady brass.

Sorted by weight:
3= 140.02-140.18
362= 138-140.00
30= 137-137.98
102= 136-136.98
3= 135.76-135.98

I took the two heaviest and two lightest and measured neck thickness on two points 180 degrees from each other.
Heavy:
.0137+.0132=.0269
.0137+.0139=.0276
Light:
.0136+.0130=.0266
.0131+.0132=.0263

H2o volume
Heavy:
44.82&44.80
Light:
44.88&44.92

Reactions: I SHOOT and lte82
Shot a match today and there was TONS of talk about the Gay tiger.

There was also more horror stories about Alpha dasher brass.

I guess Hornady is the way to go.
What horror stories are you hearing about our Dasher brass? It just took 2nd and 7th in the AG cup with both shooters running it virgin.
Shot a match today and there was TONS of talk about the Gay tiger.

There was also more horror stories about Alpha dasher brass.

I guess Hornady is the way to go.
what horror stories have you heard about our Dasher brass. We are very curious as it’s just started to ship last week. The brass just took 2nd and 7th at the AG cup running virgin, won the Kahles PRS match during testing, Montana Benchrest match and was signed off on by top F-Class shooters. We are very interested in the issues to see what’s going on. It’s a new case and will require proper load development....powders used in fire formed BR may or may not work etc. Do you have any data or details on loads?

Some data points on my 500 pieces of Hornady brass.

Sorted by weight:
3= 140.02-140.18
362= 138-140.00
30= 137-137.98
102= 136-136.98
3= 135.76-135.98

I took the two heaviest and two lightest and measured neck thickness on two points 180 degrees from each other.
Heavy:
.0137+.0132=.0269
.0137+.0139=.0276
Light:
.0136+.0130=.0266
.0131+.0132=.0263

H2o volume
Heavy:
44.82&44.80
Light:
44.88&44.92

Seems to be a fair variance? I've never been overly concerned with case weight variance unless it's impacting internal volume. Looks like (based off these figures) to be an estimated loaded round neck OD of 0.269 to 0.271...ish? Guess that's not a problem if you're setting neck tension with an expander mandrel or button?

What horror stories are you hearing about our Dasher brass? It just took 2nd and 7th in the AG cup with both shooters running it virgin.

what horror stories have you heard about our Dasher brass. We are very curious as it’s just started to ship last week. The brass just took 2nd and 7th at the AG cup running virgin, won the Kahles PRS match during testing, Montana Benchrest match and was signed off on by top F-Class shooters. We are very interested in the issues to see what’s going on. It’s a new case and will require proper load development....powders used in fire formed BR may or may not work etc. Do you have any data or details on loads?

It runs into pressure about 100 FPS slower then Lapua.

That’s about it. Most people are reporting pressure problems way too early in load development. .

And it went 1 & 2 at the Altus match. I saw Brandons velocities on the AB Doppler test as well. They were not mild loads, and the brass looked fine.

That’s about it. Most people are reporting pressure problems way too early in load development. .

Dang. I have first hand witnessed it push 105 hybrids at 2990 FPS and have no issues. And GT brass go 3040 without issues. I also saw shooters go 1 & 2 at the Altus match using it. I also have no less than 5 people give me their thumbs up on it, several of which are top shooters in PRS. It just leaves me wonder, where are the first hand accounts of it that are having major issues? Mind dropping any big names?

Who are ”most“ people? We are in communication with the few that have it right now and it’s running great......and winning. What powder, bullet, reamer spec, barrel etc? Did they adjust their seating dies when loading between the 2 brands? have these shooters get on this forum and give real info or contact us directly.

Seems to be a fair variance? I've never been overly concerned with case weight variance unless it's impacting internal volume. Looks like (based off these figures) to be an estimated loaded round neck OD of 0.269 to 0.271...ish? Guess that's not a problem if you're setting neck tension with an expander mandrel or button?

While I haven't seated bullets in these four, I did seat a couple 105 hybrids into other hornady brass and neck size is just a hair over .268" so I plan to use a 266 bushing and Sinclair mandrel.

I was impressed with the case weights, it's significantly better than the 6.5 Creedmoor brass I bought a few years ago.

I plan to shoot these four I tested H2o on and see what they measure after fire forming... just waiting for my barrel to arrive.

Who are ”most“ people? We are in communication with the few that have it right now and it’s running great......and winning. What powder, bullet, reamer spec, barrel etc? Did they adjust their seating dies when loading between the 2 brands? have these shooters get on this forum and give real info or contact us directly.

I reached out to the local guys and asked them a few questions. I informed them to contact you if they wanted to provide details.

I only have a limited experience of shooters from North Texas and passed on what they were finding.

Not trying to start anything as I am hoping the GT brass is exceptional (would like to use it).

Took my 6GT out for the first time this weekend. Just getting rounds down range and breaking in my new barrel. Groups looks great for as good as I can shoot. First pic is a 3 shot group. The other two are 5 shot groups that I rushed because I was running out of time to shoot. Stupid range has a 1 hour limit and they were busy. Shooting Proof M24 SS 26" 7twist chambered by Straight Jacket Armory prefit for my Origin action. New Alpha brass, Varget, CCI 450 primers, and 105 Hybrids. I only got to chrono a few shots but SDs were single digits. Pretty happy with the 6GT and can't wait to do some real load development after I get more rounds down the pipe. Also no problems feeding with a magpul aics mag and MDT 12 rounder.
20191102_153734.jpg
20191102_153738.jpg
20191102_153740.jpg

Also ot my 6mm GT from straight jacket arms. On a GA Tempest action. Loaded Hornady brass Barnes 112's cci br2 and varget, h4350, and staball. Proof 28 inch 7.5 twist.

33.4 varget 2915 sd 6 in 5 shots
36.6 h4350 2932 sd 5
Staball
37 2769 sd of 6
37.5 2781 sd 21
38.5 2830 sd 24
39 2885 sd 25
39.5 2965 sd 6

Non pressure signs on any load. The 39.5 load had some more kick to it. I did have one round not go off with Staball. I will get some rounds down the barrel and try again. But I am liking h4350 so far.

Also ot my 6mm GT from straight jacket arms. On a GA Tempest action. Loaded Hornady brass Barnes 112's cci br2 and varget, h4350, and staball. Proof 28 inch 7.5 twist.

33.4 varget 2915 sd 6 in 5 shots
36.6 h4350 2932 sd 5
Staball
37 2769 sd of 6
37.5 2781 sd 21
38.5 2830 sd 24
39 2885 sd 25
39.5 2965 sd 6

Non pressure signs on any load. The 39.5 load had some more kick to it. I did have one round not go off with Staball. I will get some rounds down the barrel and try again. But I am liking h4350 so far.

39.5 grains of staball doesn't sounds much better than 40.6gr of 4350/RL-16 in a 6 creed... If you have to go that high to get desired speed it sorta defeats the purpose of a reduced capacity case

I am surprised to se H4350 being used. I have like 20lbs if the stuff and thought I was gonna have to sell or trade for varget.

Minor range report.
Running a base line load to settle the barrel in.
33.5 Varget
COAL 2.490
Berger 105 hybrid
Hornady brass
Wolf SR primer
Kid shot this one recently 5 @ 100

R

Barrel length and velocity by chance?

Powder selection with the GT is another added benefit with Varget, 4350, R16 and a few others being gtg capacity wise. I've had good results with both Varget and 4350. Currently switched over to the atips for now.

Reactions: SuperChop
Ok anyone know when the 2nd batch of Alpha brass is going to be in and will be able to buy? Hopefully they are not all already sold out through pre orders.

I figured I’m gonna try some myself and see what I find out.

My problem with the GT is brass. Hornady is junk after a few firings and it’s not consistent. Alpha has had all kinds of problems as well and their brass runs into pressure problems before you get desired speed.

This caliber seems to be almost the perfect combo but man we need the brass giant to pick it up.

You worry too much. We have 4 GTs online hammering away on Hornady brass. One guy ran a 115 DTAC up to 3000FPS with Stabal and the primer pocket is still solid.

68cents, single digits SD and ES, don't care if I lose a few pieces at a match, and can buy in bulk without breaking the bank.

If you really want Lapua made GT brass, just make it.

Got a chance to shoot a friend's ? ? over the weekend and I'm sold. Shot it back to back with a 6 Creed, 6 Dasher and 6 pre-Dasher (BRA). I perceived less recoil in the GT and I was able to watch the hole appear in the paper at 100 yards. Talking to the owner, the load seems to be common among many shooters as a great node.

IMG_9248.JPGIMG_9352.JPG

Got a chance to shoot a friend's ? ? over the weekend and I'm sold. Shot it back to back with a 6 Creed, 6 Dasher and 6 pre-Dasher (BRA). I perceived less recoil in the GT and I was able to watch the hole appear in the paper at 100 yards. Talking to the owner, the load seems to be common among many shooters as a great node.

View attachment 7181859View attachment 7181860
What bullet?

And you say it has less recoil then a BRA???

One thing that’s keeping me away from the BRA is the bolt lift. I have compared 6Creed and 6BRA side by side and the BRA always has a little more bolt lift to it.

Running similar sized cases with one at a lower pressure than the other will have a perceived lower recoil, especially reducing the initial pressure spike. A smoother push will feel softer than a sharper initial spike which is what you get with higher pressure. Most people I know run the BRA at higher pressures than most other cases.

What bullet?

And you say it has less recoil then a BRA???

One thing that’s keeping me away from the BRA is the bolt lift. I have compared 6Creed and 6BRA side by side and the BRA always has a little more bolt lift to it.

Berger 105's in all. I did not notice a difference in bolt lift between any of the cartridges despite running the GT wrong handed. I've been told I'm a blunt instrument though so take that with a grain of salt.

Let me clarify my perceptions and the points raised in the above posts. My post was certainly an over simplification of everything happening in these cases as obviously pressure and gas volume, in addition to the above noted bullet weight and powder charge, affect the recoil characteristics of braked rifles.

Those complex physics aside and taking into account this is only my reported perception, as closely as things could be held consistent as far as action (Impact), stock (Foundation) and bullet, the GT reigned supreme for me. That for me is exceptionally subjective admittedly but I'm 100% sold on the GT. I don't have any outside influence toward the GT, technically the opposite might be argued, for nearly all the above information but to me it's the real deal.

Reactions: Kadams1563
I'm thinking things like total rifle weight, brake, how the stock fit you, etc. had more to do with recoil than ? ?

I hear what you're saying but actually the opposite. Same stock, similar barrels etc. The ? ? belonged to a short, heavy lefty (Wrong-handed dwarf?) and the BRA/6 Creed were a tall lanky guy like me whose guns actually fit me.

Brake certainly had a role but either way I'm sold.

Brand new bartlien from impact arrived. Fired some pairs into my bullet trap collecting velocity only.

On new Hornady brass.
20191115_132741-1.jpg

On fresh once fired
20191116_135627-1.jpg

I'll add, this hornady brass is only needing to grow .002 to .003 in the shoulder from new, unlike some new brass I've used for different calibers. That should help with first fire accuracy...

Last edited:
Brand new bartlien from impact arrived. Fired some pairs into my bullet trap collecting velocity only.

On new Hornady brass.
View attachment 7184284

On fresh once fired
View attachment 7184285

I'll add, this hornady brass is only needing to grow .002 to .003 in the shoulder from new, unlike some new brass I've used for different calibers. That should help with first fire accuracy...

is the hornady brass small or large primer?

On new Hornady brass.
View attachment 7184284

On fresh once fired
View attachment 7184285

What are the barrel specs length and twist please