• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm BR

Could you guys provide velocity data to include your altitude?
I'm looking for data on a 105 Berger Hybrid and Lapua brass out of a 28" barrel.

Thanks,

I'm looking for data on a 105 Berger Hybrid and Lapua brass out of a 28" barrel.

Thanks,
2880 fps.
Is what my 28" shot
3000 ft.

Reactions: Changed

Thanks,
105 hybrids, .015 off the lands, Lapua brass, 28” Lilja barrel, BR-4 primers, 1,900ft above sea level, 30.1 gr Varget, 2,857 fps.

Attachments

• 05E0EC4B-334D-4769-B5FD-8B66F81FBFFE.jpeg
    05E0EC4B-334D-4769-B5FD-8B66F81FBFFE.jpeg
    401.7 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: Changed
First two five round groups out of my new 6BR at 100 yards and then one group at 410 yards. It took two rounds to get dialed in and then fired these. I would like to bring the spreads down a little, but it's definitely showing promise.

Varget
CCI 450
Lapua Brass
-.020"
Hawk Hill 26"
936ft

Attachments

• Group_1.jpg
    Group_1.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Group_2.jpg
    Group_2.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Anyone running a nearly new CBI prefit ?
If so I'd appreciate knowing what bullets you are running and the CBTO is. Thank you
just doing some 7 P'S when my 6cm bites the dust

If so I'd appreciate knowing what bullets you are running and the CBTO is. Thank you
This is a 109 hybrid for the cbi barrel that's jumped60 thousands
16424785979915458097030151351331.jpg

This is a 105 hybrid
Jumped 40 thousand
16424788262745423308658863812142.jpg

I got a sac bullet comparter I can give u a very accurate reading with, but u would have to have one also

I got a sac bullet comparter I can give u a very accurate reading with, but u would have to have one also
How much velocity do you lose going from the 105s to the 109s out of the same barrel?

How
How did the vapor trails shoot?
Any pics
Pretty much all half inch or less.I I have a hour drive to a 1000 yard range just haven't been able to go.

Attachments

• Ballistic-X-Export-2022-01-11 05:25:50.083152.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2022-01-11 05:25:50.083152.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 95
That pic was with vapor trails but with n140.
Since it burns cooler than varget I've been thinking about using it. This is a prs rig so .3 is all I really need.

Reactions: Hammerz668
I must have a fast barrel. Just finalized up two loads with RL16 and Varget with 105 VLDs. Elevation is 2500 ft.. Barrel is a 26" Hart.

33.6 gr RL16 with CCI450 (drop tube helps) gave me 2870 avg with an ES of 6

30.5 gr Varget CCI 450 Gave me 2915 Avg with es of 8.
Both will shoot sub 1/4".

I must have a fast barrel. Just finalized up two loads with RL16 and Varget with 105 VLDs. Elevation is 2500 ft.. Barrel is a 26" Hart.

33.6 gr RL16 with CCI450 (drop tube helps) gave me 2870 avg with an ES of 6

30.5 gr Varget CCI 450 Gave me 2915 Avg with es of 8.
Both will shoot sub 1/4".
How do you even get that much rl-16 in the case

Reactions: jpistolero02
Had a chance to stretch the legs today and I didn’t have very good results. It’s easy getting .3” groups at 100 yards but the vertical at 700 and 900 (~10” @ 700) was really bad. It certainly could have been me, but I shot my 6.5X47 side by side and was getting great groups with it. I was shooting 29.8 Varget at about -.030 off. I guess I will go back to the drawing board and do a another seating test at longer distance.

ur shooting .3" 10 shot groups but getting 1.5 moa at distance?

my ballistic calculator is buggered but you'd need pretty crazy ES to get 1.2moa vertical. rough guess would be just under 100fps

something is way wrong

Not 10 shot groups. I can hold 5 shot groups around .33”. I shot 9 shots into .56”. It’s probably just me but something seems off.

Drop tube will get it to the neck/shoulder junction, slow pour slightly in to the neck. I tested up to 34 gr. All lapua brass.
I put a charge of rl-16 at 32.5 gn it was almost to the top of the case mouth. Don't think I'm going to be trying your load anytime soon.
If I want to run in the 32 ish grains of powder I'd go bra and be safe. I like my head and fingers were they are

Reactions: DH302
When I load some more I'll upload some photos. I didn't start high i worked up to that and like everyone has said it's a bit slow burning for a 6 BR. I thought I'd try it since I have 8lbs. I'm getting zero pressure signs so my head and fingers will be just fine, primer pockets are still tight. Is it ideal? Not really. There's much better powders and using a drop tube is kind of a pain in the ass. But, it works.

Reactions: Kanwhitetails
140 rounds on the barrel; 29.9 SW Precision, 108 ELDM, BR4, Lapua virgin brass; yields 2704fps and .376"/100yards. Need to bump to the next node and see what (and if) it is, but it's looking really good so far.

On my 3rd firing of my Lapua brass. Thinking I need to lower my charge (29.5 of H4895 under a 105 Berger). Never saw any pressure signs, but brass is getting a little hard to chamber and clicks when extracting. Measured the case web and it’s .469.5”, virgin was .467”

Order a small base die to set it back, but a little surprised I’m seeing this early, without any pressure signs. Using a Redding Bushing type S die FL. Guessing I should have Harrells instead.

On my 3rd firing of my Lapua brass. Thinking I need to lower my charge (29.5 of H4895 under a 105 Berger). Never saw any pressure signs, but brass is getting a little hard to chamber and clicks when extracting. Measured the case web and it’s .469.5”, virgin was .467”

Order a small base die to set it back, but a little surprised I’m seeing this early, without any pressure signs. Using a Redding Bushing type S die FL. Guessing I should have Harrells instead.
What is your velocity at that charge wieght?

Send Harrells 3 - 3x fired brass you won’t regret it. Prices just went up to $115

One of my BRs requires a smaller base than the others . I use a Wilson die now and need the small base die rarely . If I start getting clickers I hit them with a .308 Winchester SB die and they are good to go .

I run all MDT mags. However, I do want to try a BR ARC mag.

Mdt with the new br spacer kit seams t work so far.
Accumag with primal rights br kit has been very good also

Seams like a "wash" either way, right now I'm in the process of getting another "junk" e mail address because I had to list a real e address to buy a few items. Now that low life bilge troll co. has sold that e address to god only knows how many other spam sending rectal orifices Co.'s.

Reactions: DH302 and SWgeezer
Seams like a "wash" either way, right now I'm in the process of getting another "junk" e mail address because I had to list a real e address to buy a few items. Now that low life bilge troll co. has sold that e address to god only knows how many other spam sending rectal orifices Co.'s.
my email addy has been blasted with emails from myself, I was wondering who sold a list that I was on. Getting 20-30 spams a day

Does anyone have experience loading 6BR on a Dillon 550/650 using the Dillon Powder drop? Want to load 6BR in more volume to practice for PRS. 105s over a ball powder is goal. Staball, TAC, or other ball powders? Thanks

Just lucked into a action, and pondering a new build, with a 22 & 6 BR already, and want something a little different to keep the cases separate. To keep life simple I'm leaning toward a 6 BRA. I can use my 6 BR bushing die and BR seater, BUT what are you bra shooters using when / if you need to full length or semi FL your bra brass ?

Just lucked into a action, and pondering a new build, with a 22 & 6 BR already, and want something a little different to keep the cases separate. To keep life simple I'm leaning toward a 6 BRA. I can use my 6 BR bushing die and BR seater, BUT what are you bra shooters using when / if you need to full length or semi FL your bra brass ?
Did you mean brx? I'm pretty sure bra is different dies.

Just ordered my first 6BR barrel for my AI AT. Have been playing wit the 6ARC with the 105s from Berger. Now just have to wait until it comes in.

Reactions: Defender3
Has anyone used Short Action Custom dies? I am talking about the ones that have the neck and shoulder in one.

Yes…actually loading on one right now. About 2k rounds loaded on it (6BRA) and very happy with it.

I have two 6 BRA rifles and a few thou difference in the headspace. The 0.001 shims make that an easy, quick, repeatable adjustment. No playing with the lock ring.

Also, just loading for a 22BR. Caliber conversion was a $30 bushing. Done and done.

Consistency and runout are both great. Also the base sizing is a bit tighter on the case. It eliminated some clickers I had running some brass between barrels/rifles.

A bit higher in cost, but the quality, adjustability and caliber swaps (w/in cartridge family make me happy with the purchase.

The one negative is I have not been able to get a decapping mandrel—rare as hens teeth. That would be a nice addition to my workflow.

I also got the seater die—made a chart for settings and threw SIX micrometer seating dies in the not being used drawer.

ZY

ZY100 does the bushing cover both of the neck and shoulder