• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors 7.62 suppressors from RED Jacket???

deeno360

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
PA
I'm looking to get into a 7.62 can to run on my semi and bolt action 7.62 cal. The claim to fame on red jackets can is the disassembly and 'ease' of cleaning of it.
Does anyone own one and run it...experiences?
Other recommended cans..pros / cons ???

Thanks!

Re: 7.62 suppressors from RED Jacket???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deeno360</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The claim to fame on red jackets can is the disassembly and 'ease' of cleaning of it.</div></div>

Why would you ever need to clean or disassemble a centerfire suppressor?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deeno360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking to get into a 7.62 can to run on my semi and bolt action 7.62 cal. The claim to fame on red jackets can is the disassembly and 'ease' of cleaning of it.

Thanks! </div></div>

Gat an AAC 7.62SD or Cyclone.

As previously stated, no need to clean a centerfire can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deeno360</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The claim to fame on red jackets can is the disassembly and 'ease' of cleaning of it.</div></div>

Why would you ever need to clean or disassemble a centerfire suppressor?
</div></div>
unless you are running lots of subs...otherwise i never plan on cleanin any of mine... take a look @ SRT arms, Gemtech, YHM, Elite Iron, Shark(a dealer here)... befor you drink the koolaid.

Not all powder is the same.. I have seen plenty of cans that don't need cleaning and guess what... The needed it bad

That show is horrible and makes all gun owners look like idiots, why would you buy their products?

From another gun forum:

redjacket.jpg

Honestly, it looks pretty much like many Form 1 builds. Very simple design. The spring is a no-go for me. I see no reason to take a 308 can apart unless you are exclusively shooting subs with cast lead boolits.

I agree with the tool above..:) SAS is hard to beat. That can looks like it was designed by a "Quick Lube" mechanic.

The other reason for a user maintainable suppressor is shooting corrosive ammo. A bath and flush with ballistol will probably work, but if his semi is an AK running 70's-1990's ammo it has corrosive primers. I wouldn't want that sitting in my suppressor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deeno360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking to get into a 7.62 can to run on my semi and bolt action 7.62 cal. The claim to fame on red jackets can is the disassembly and 'ease' of cleaning of it.

Thanks! </div></div>

so you were watching TV last night too eh? I bet you wanna piece of that cajun queen don't you...

With the above style of can it would be cheaper to use a maglite and some freeze plugs lol!

HA, thanks for the comments AND info fellas.
As stated earlier from a fello member , I would like the option of running the can on a AK platform with bulk corrosive ammo and not hurt anything. Is a deep, soothing bath in balistol / gunzilla good enough for a 'solid' can???
I'm not convinced of this option...

Not sure if I'd be convinced either due to the possibility of not being able to really flush all of the salts, ballistol and water completely out.

Shark would be a great option for a great can. He makes different thread caps as well so you could move from a 24mm to a 14-1 thread on both AK calibers if you have or ever wanted a 7.62 and 5.45 AK.

Either way I'd want my AK threads verified concentric to the bore before screwing any can onto them.

Absolute state of the art technology....from the mid 80's!!!!

They are changing the game with shotguns...suppressors....AK's...pretty much everything they touch. At least that's what he says on the show. I had to laugh when they got the shotgun suppressed to 150db or so and said "man that's quiet".

I still enjoy watching the show even though it is so theatrical and ignorant at times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M855</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the above style of can it would be cheaper to use a maglite and some freeze plugs lol!</div></div>

Hit the nail on the head right there.

That show is a joke, they shoot things in town, and make responsible owners look like idiots..

I have a 30 cal can, same tubing and baffles but 12 inches long and no booster, no spring.. It is hearing safe.. but anyone who can cut metal can make that design.. it isnt orignal but it works..

For the ones who say you never have to break one down to clean, for my peace of mind, I can take it down.. makes it easier to check for strikes too.

I have some endcaps

Ready for krink threads

They would be dedicated AK cans

They lock into the pin in the flash hider

I'm going to have them for regular AK's soon with my QD mount

Just bought another 80 feet of 6-4Elv TI today

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: onechance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree with the tool above..:) SAS is hard to beat. That can looks like it was designed by a "Quick Lube" mechanic.
</div></div>

Yeah it does look like the tube body of a grease gun.....ha ha....good one

Their stuff looks like hack jobs. Ive never seen so much grinding with hand grinders in a gun shop.

I swear Hollywood put this show on TV just to make gun owners look like idiots.