• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

7mm-08 with some 2000mr?

DrewinTejas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2011
McKinney, Tx
I know people have tried this combo with a 7mm-08/162s/2000mr. Anyone got any load data from it as I am thinking this will be a good combo. I am smashing 46gr of H4350 loaded at 2.875 and getting 2750fps out of a 26" barrel. I have tried Varget but got too much pressure to shoot as a comp rifle. I am wanting to see if I can get it mid 2800s or faster to help my bullet shine over a 6.5mm round. If anyone has any info on this powder or other that produced good speed and groups let me know.

Thanks

You are getting good speed right now. Smashing, sounds familiar [I'm laughing] . Norma brass?

Sorry. To answer your question, Turbo54 has posted his use of 2000mr in the 7-08. Give him a ring.

Win Brass. I am just trying to squeak out every advantage I can on speed. I shoot some local matches here in Texas and everyone is running 6.5s and 6mms. The 7mm cuts the wind better in most cases I just would like to see if I can get the speed up. No real reason to but it gives me something to do until the next rifle is finished being built. I would love to use the 308 Lapua brass I made for my shorty 7mm08 as the SD is stupid low at 3fps. But talk about a pain in the ass to make if your going to lose some at a match. Neck down, neck mandrel up, turn neck down, resize in FL sizer, then clean all that damn lube off and go shoot.

I had very good results with 41grs 2000MR and 162AMAXs in Remington brass, not a lot of smashing going on, either.

What kind of speed were you seeing?

Didn't have my chrono at that time, Alliant got 2700 with 42grs. with a 24" tube, that's what my 708 has, so I'd say right around 2700, give or take. You're not going to get that with any other powder, including H4350.

Drew, any chance you tried lighter Bergers? Wondered how they might compare at higher mv.