• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm PRC

you are at 280,000 RPM with 8 twist at 3100…..bullets might blow up, might

8.0 twist is only needed for 190’s at sea level and 32 f

Last edited:
How is the RCC brass doing? Didn't think I wanted a 7 prc but it keeps running threw my mind

Unknown Munitions posted this earlier on their Instagram.

Screenshot_20221113-205114_Instagram.jpg

Does anyone know where to get brass yet besides RCC? I haven't heard much and debating on grabbing a 7 prc barrel from pva.

A guy on discord published a screen shot of 175 eldx ammo on shelf at LGS yesterday. Have no idea how widespread ammo availabilty is yet.

Reactions: TxLite
Does anyone know where to get brass yet besides RCC? I haven't heard much and debating on grabbing a 7 prc barrel from pva.
Reach out to some of the manufacturers and request it. The more requests they get the more likely they are to produce it. ADG, Alpha, Peterson, Lapua

Reactions: RNWRKNP
GA Precision built my new hunting rifle chambered in the 7PRC and just posted yesterday that they have ammo available- 175gr ELDX Precision Hunter. I also picked up a set of Hornady dies and a modified case from them yesterday.

GA Precision built my new hunting rifle chambered in the 7PRC and just posted yesterday that they have ammo available- 175gr ELDX Precision Hunter. I also picked up a set of Hornady dies and a modified case from them yesterday.
They bushing dies?

The ammo just arrived yesterday. I saw a link on their facebook page this morning.

Reactions: Schw15
I got my dies a few weeks ago along with 10 piece…yes 10… of brass. Hey only need one right. Loaded 68 gr Reloder 26 with 162ELD X and it’s running 3020 fps from 22in barrel. Rifle is Horizon custom and my friend used it to take this Mule deer at 340 yds. Leaves 9 rounds for Aoudad and Whitetails.

Attachments

• 25DDA830-BC0F-4212-BEAB-8618F17421A9.jpeg
    25DDA830-BC0F-4212-BEAB-8618F17421A9.jpeg
    610.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
I got my dies a few weeks ago along with 10 piece…yes 10… of brass. Hey only need one right. Loaded 68 gr Reloder 26 with 162ELD X and it’s running 3020 fps from 22in barrel. Rifle is Horizon custom and my friend used it to take this Mule deer at 340 yds. Leaves 9 rounds for Aoudad and Whitetails.
Nice, curious if you got an exit with the 162gr ELDx?

Reactions: 357Max
I received the letter from the attorney about RCC 2 weeks after receiving my brass. Sad to see them leave the game.

Found hornady bushing dies got them ordered. Has anyone measured a loaded round at the neck for bushing size yet?

Found hornady bushing dies got them ordered. Has anyone measured a loaded round at the neck for bushing size yet?
Looks like .314” with crappy calipers I have at the office.

Awesome thank you. I will have to pick up more bushings. I didn't expect. 314 with the reamer at .317.
I’ll measure again when I get home tonight with more rounds available and better calipers.

Reactions: Schw15
Found some loaded ammo in Colorado Springs scheels. I grabbed 5 boxes of the 180 eldm match. They had 3 boxes left of the 175 eldx.

Will this feed ok from CIP 3.850" length aics dbm, or is the shorter 3.715 dbm needed? would be put in LA bighorn origin

Will this feed ok from CIP 3.850" length aics dbm, or is the shorter 3.715 dbm needed? would be put in LA bighorn origin
I will find out when my barrel shows up. I was planning on trying to feed them from a cip mag

The PRC has a lot less taper than the belted magnums. Is there any chance it will bind at the shoulder?

The PRC has a lot less taper than the belted magnums. Is there any chance it will bind at the shoulder?
Well I’ve had a dozen 6.5 PRCs and ten 300 PRCs built on various push feed and CRF actions without any feeding or extraction issues so I can’t imagine this cartridge will be any different, if anything the 7prc should be the most compatible of all the PRC cases because of the OAL

How many reloads do you have on your brass weatherbyfan? Looking at the sammi reamer print, I think hornady went too small in the chamber diameter at the web. Have you had any bolt lift clicks yet? Have you experienced that with the 6.5 or 300 prc?

I’ve done 4 firings and soon to be 5 on the 7 PRC and not one issue, just full length resize, trim to length if needed, I do have some factory 7 PRC ammo I haven't had a chance to shoot yet as this work shit keeps getting in the way !

I have Hornady 300 PRC Brass with 7 reloads and no issues, and again I just full length resize and trim to length if needed, I don't even anneal my brass,

I was just reading about this clicking issue so I actually called my gunsmith and asked about it and he said had it once on a 300 WSM he had built himself but no complaint's with the PRC chambering's and he's built a pile of them.

Reactions: tho98027
Over on accurateshooter there’s a thread on it. Seems like it’s more of an issue with lapua brass. Alex wheeler has a custom reamer to solve the dreaded bolt lift click with the prc cartridges. Still hoping lapua offers brass for the 7 prc. Would like to really see this cartridge take off. At first I was disappointed with the original announcement and design of the 7 prc, but I’ve come around to it and actually excited for it now. I’m planning on building one or if Tikka offers it I’ll maybe start there. Appreciate the load data and info you are posting on it.

Peterson said they will make 7 PRC brass for early in the new year Feb/March
I think you'll see ADG brass before Lapua as I think they are busy filling military contracts overseas……Thanks Putin !

Not sure what forum it was but guys were talking that the clickers issue was more from people over loading those cases. If you look factory ammo 300 prc 225 eldm is only 2810 some guys are pushing them 2950 to 3000. But I have no clue but found it interesting. Those guys were talking it's basically a 300 win mag with maybe 50 feet extra or so.

I'm sure adg and peterson will pick it faster so that will be a good thing. Hopefully hornady improved there brass lol

In the process of getting my build together. Have a Mack brothers action enroute. 26” Carbon 6 magnum contour barrel. Going 26” to get some more speed out of it since I can’t run a suppressor. Hoping with 180’s to see 3100fps .

Still undecided on stock/chassis. Maybe XRS 4.0 magnesium, manners or mdt

Still need to find a bushing die and seating die .

In the process of getting my build together. Have a Mack brothers action enroute. 26” Carbon 6 magnum contour barrel. Going 26” to get some more speed out of it since I can’t run a suppressor. Hoping with 180’s to see 3100fps .

Are you planning on running rl26 to achieve those speeds?

The ammo here at home measures .313” to .3135” over 10 different rounds.
Same here, FWIW.

Will 7mm PRC feed reliably from AI 300 Win magazines?
Yes.

3050-3070 with 180's will probably be at pressure. However, reading through this forum will show that people don't really care about what pressure they're at to get the speed. RL-26 or H4831 will be your best bets.

Are you planning on running rl26 to achieve those speeds?
I have a bunch of h1000. I know it’s not the best choice for the speed. it’s what I have on hand and it’s temp stability.
I’ve found that Hornady load data is usually 100 fps faster give or take a little than what the book says.
Also Hornadys testing was a 24” barrel maybe those 2” will yield me that extra fps with out the pressure.

It’s 10-12 weeks yet though before I’ll even have a barrel. Not to mention having to send it to the smith to be put together.

I measured my loaded ammo 180 eldm match ammo .313 at neck looks like a .311 should work.

I found hornady bushing dies in stock just gotta keep checking places.

3100 in the 7 prc I think will be very hard to achieve I could be wrong I was planning on 2950 in a 26 inch barrel max and with 190 I was thinking 2875 to 2900 that is with n565 powder. Just my guessing based on other 7mms

I did get to 3100 fps with a 24.5” 1-8 twist barrel, RCC brass using the 180gr ELDM, 67.5grs of R26/215M primers,

DEFINITE OVER PRESSURE SIGNS AT THAT LOAD.

I stopped at that load in my testing.

Reactions: Dave__th3__ss