• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

A look at the Gen I and II Prometheus

Shady_Jay

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2006
I get a lot of questions about how these work. This video attempts to explain this. This shows you what they are and how they dispense powder.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2sqNcs-uWzY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2sqNcs-uWzY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: A look at the Gen I and II Prometheus

errr... ummm... video link please....

Show off.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bfoosh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">errr... ummm... video link please.... </div></div>

it shows up on my screen, anyone else having probs seeing?

hmmm... probably me...I'm a nut when it comes to the computers security. So if I caused any grief, my apologies.

Damn...That's neat. But I have other priorities right now. Would make a nice Christmas present... Hint hint

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no prob, here is a direct link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sqNcs-uWzY I think it can be seen since I can see it on several different forums right now. </div></div>

Thank You !

I just pawned your wire welder, Big Chief.

That's mine Jason, but I will put you on the buddy plan when I sell it.

I picked mine up from Brand last Sat. It is amazing. I can say that Brand is a very nice person and will really work to see that everything, including the owner, is working as it should. You really just need to see it to believe it.

Thanks for putting that together. Always wanted to see the Pro in action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just pawned your wire welder, Big Chief.

I got your big chief bitch, hooker trading cards are on there way. </div></div>

Nice try, I already warned her about your evil plot. Home-wrecker!

How does someone get on the wait list?

What is the deal with these? Is Prometheus tool corp still in business?...or is Brand Cole using dealers or what?

What is the price these days for the Gen 2? Last Gen 1 I heard about was a little over $1K.....I bet Gen 2 is over $2K or is it?

You have to contact Brand for the list. Prometheus Tool Corp is in business and owned by Brand. No dealers. Each machine is hand built, by him, for each customer.

Hopefully within a couple weeks my Gen II will be here. Been on that wait list for a long time.

You still keeping the Gen 1 for other powders/calibers besides H4350 and Varget?

I hope to have my hands on a Gen 1 in the next couple of weeks.

427 bought the Gen I from me. The Gen II works with other powders, the trickle system is just optimized for those two.

Just out of curiosity, how long were you on "the list"?

Brand told me (Joking?) that there is a list to get on the list. I also suspect some on the list are actually on double secret probation for using Chargemasters! I can tell you that it is worth the wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superde</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just out of curiosity, how long were you on "the list"? </div></div>

a little over a year

I needed to do some authorized "field mod" to mine to get IMR 4064 to work, which was easy. I also tried RL15 and it is fine with that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: X2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice video CKA, great job!

X2 </div></div>

thanks!

I got the latest and greatest yesterday. I was on the list for three years.LOL. Loaded 50 rounds tonight in about fifteen minutes!

Wow that thing is a cadillac I guess you get what you pay for. Nice review
Dustin

For me the 1kernal accuracy wasn't what I was after when I bought CKA Gen1, I wanted the speed and repeatability, my Gen1 with a USB camera pointed at the needles I can charge a case every 20-25 seconds, my ChargeMaster would dispense as fast, but requires you to pour the charge into the case, the Prometheus's dispense right into the case, also I find that my confidence of my reloads has increased with sharply lower ES/SD, while not single digits, I'm very close.

it also cured Brian's erectile dysfunction

walking around a constant erection is not all fun and games, you promised not to tell

The only words I can think of are 4 letter words at this point so im going to bow out..

PS.. I hate you.

3 Year wait is a non-starter for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DRA-M40A1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got the latest and greatest yesterday. I was on the list for three years.LOL. Loaded 50 rounds tonight in about fifteen minutes! </div></div>

I have the same unit as 427Cobra call it a 1.5 Model electronic eye, trickles the powder when you dump or course you can activate the tickler to add more. Usually hit about 6 rounds a minute and have exceeded that if I am on, it’s a feel/technique thing, maybe because I use a lot of 8208xbr.

Have not had any issues with other powders, Gen II a great machine but if you can fine a Gen 1 or Gen 1.5 w/electronic eye you will be pleased.

If anyone is around the Houston area and want to try it out PM

This thing is sweet! It's like the Frankenstein of the reloading world.