• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

a short word on Barrett

JByrd

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2010
north ga,usa,
this afternoon i mounted up some diff. glass on my barrett 99. its been a little bit since i ran this gun.shooting it today made me remember why i love this gun so much.these factory rifles are VERY ACCURITE right outa tha box.im shootin some mill surplus pull downs that have been reworked by commercial reloading co. i had this thing zeroed dead on in 6shots, thats with stoping along the way for a 3 shot confirm before final adjustment. the overpressure is a little ruff but thats 50 for ya. and its a little agrivating how you cant slide the bolt out the back like a remmy 700, BUT....im not a barrell cleaning freak like i used to be either. BOTTOM LINE THESE GUNS ARE VERY ACCURITE FOR THE MONEY. im bringing some kids over tomorrow "spring break" for some trigger time. i gonna have to get some 5 shot groups posted. i love this rifle!

Re: a short word on Barrett

They sure are sweet rifles. Try a couple boxes of Hornady A-Max Match if you really want to be impressed.

Learned the first time out to hold my breath for a couple of seconds after firing, or you're sucking powder fumes. And ear plugs with hearing protectors over them. Still feels like someone has slapped me in the nose after a range session. The pressure wave is something else.

When you clean it, pull one of those blank foam panels out of the case and set it up long ways under the rear of the rifle with the bipod extended. Take a paper towel, and stuff it up in the slot where the trigger group sits. If you don't have one, get the coated rod from Barrett - that Otis kit they throw in will work in a pinch, but it's certainly not convenient.

Can't wait for warm weather. Have 300 rounds ready to go, and haven't fired mine since just before Thanksgiving. Been too long for sure.

Thats why I sold mine. Its the muzzle brake thats the problem.....its like getting punched in the face when that concussion hits you.

Id see if the AR-50 brake will fit it. I shot my buddies AR-50 and the difference is dramatic.

Do not forget to spit when shooting off of the ground from all of the dust that gets kicked up. Do not ever forget to close your mouth. If it is open you will need water to ceanup.

kids coming over.....dont forget to spit......what are we talking about?

couldnt the muzzle break be turned sideways where the ports are vertical you would need a lock washer behind it then. you dnt get blast from vertical ports . like my neighbor has a 357 with horizontal porting it killed my ears monday and had alot of blast . but my 44 with vertical ported shroud doesnt hit me with a blast and it doesnt hurt my ears

I have an AR50.

It feels more like a bitchslap than a punch.
grin.gif