• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

A tidbit of good news among all the bad.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Im just home from my hip replacement surgery and everything went better than hoped r expected. Spent one night in, as Grammy East called it, the horsepistol, did some therapy and home. Very little pain though I expect the dilaudid is helping that. I have to recommend my surgeon, John Edwards, and the staff of Martha Jefferson hospital most highly. I just couldnt have asked or hoped for a better experience. Looking forward to the therapy and getting back to a normal life. Praise the good lord for a great outcome.

Im just home from my hip replacement surgery and everything went better than hoped r expected. Spent one night in, as Grammy East called it, the horsepistol, did some therapy and home. Very little pain though I expect the dilaudid is helping that. I have to recommend my surgeon, John Edwards, and the staff of Martha Jefferson hospital most highly. I just couldnt have asked or hoped for a better experience. Looking forward to the therapy and getting back to a normal life. Praise the good lord for a great outcome.
    BTDT, got the T-shirt (two of them). Some suggestions;
    Get off the Dilaudid ASAP. I had pain, but not much/not bad. I just went the aspirin route after probably three days or so (honestly don’t remember) of Dilaudid.
    When they tell you to not bend at the hip any more than 90 degrees, they mean it. On my second hip, I screwed up, had popped a couple of vitamin D’s and plopped my ass down on an ottoman. The D’s wore off and man oh man, did it ever hurt. It was on a Saturday evening, called my Surgeon’s answering service and he called me back about a half an hour later. I told him I thought I had torn something loose. He laughed and said “Take two aspirin and call me back in the morning. If you had really torn something loose, I wouldn’t be able to hear the ambulance driver over all your screaming”.

My takeaway was that getting my teeth cleaned is more of a pita than getting a hip replaced.

Great to hear! Hope recovery is smooth and uneventful!

ZY and FY

Reactions: Maggot
    good news!!

Heal quick.
    Make sure you keep shitting while you are On the pain meds. Most folks say 6-10 prunes and plenty of water. Colace twice a day if thats not working.
    do not go 48 hrs without getting serious about it.
    I hope the explained that and at times they miss the basic stuff.

You dont know how bad constipation is until you are straining and it hurts your incision worse than walking (thats from work, not personal experience).

did they do metal on metal or a poly liner for the acetab?
    And anterior approach I am guessing? Usually the easiest way to feel good fast

good news!!

Heal quick.
    Make sure you keep shitting while you are On the pain meds. Most folks say 6-10 prunes and plenty of water. Colace twice a day if thats not working.
    do not go 48 hrs without getting serious about it.
    I hope the explained that and at times they miss the basic stuff.

You dont know how bad constipation is until you are straining and it hurts your incision worse than walking (thats from work, not personal experience).

did they do metal on metal or a poly liner for the acetab?
    And anterior approach I am guessing? Usually the easiest way to feel good fast

I'm not sure what he used I was kind of out of it when he told me but what ever it is its working/ I am hip to the constipation thing, Ive ha an impacted trud, took two oil enemas and a a screwdriver to cut that bitch out, but thanks for the reminder, think Ill go take some lax right bow then off to the rack for a good nights sleep.

My father in-law had a replacement in May when they started doing elective surgeries again. He’s glad he did it. Knee replacement is next on his horizon and he’s looking forward to it.

Keep moving. If it hurts, work through it. The pain you had before will be gone. The pain you have now is because... well watch a youtube of what they did while you were 'asleep'. It's good to have you back.

Next week squats and lunges.:D:D:D:D:D

Keep moving. If it hurts, work through it. The pain you had before will be gone. The pain you have now is because... well watch a youtube of what they did while you were 'asleep'. It's good to have you back.
    Next week squats and lunges.:D:D:D:D:D

Im glad I didnt watch the video after what Ive heard. They jerk the ball out of the socket before they even start. I might get the guts to watch t in a couple onths.

It’s easy. You go in, you lay down, you go to sleep, you wake up and all the bad parts are in the garbage can. 2X vet.

From what the doc said there wasnt much left. I spent the winter putting and addition on my house. I reckon the ladders wore it down to about nothing.

Heal quick Mags, and do every last bit of PT they assign you. That shit works.

Will do, and thanks to all for the good thoughts.

Thank God for prune juice.

Maggot out.

1598018433554.png