• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A Workaround for Photobucket's Bullshit

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Banned !
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
As most of you know, Photobucket got stupid a while back and began to extort payment from users who wanted to share their images on forums like this one.
So I was thinking about this evening, and it struck me that the normal reaction to something like that is for some smart person to come up with a way around it.
Sure enough, some smart person has done exactly that.
There is an extension for Google Chrome that rewrites the code so that the previously hidden images now appear again.

It's not a fix, and I still recommend migrating your image hosting to Imgur or some other easy to use free service, but if you're looking through old threads here and getting pissed off because you can't see the pictures, then it's worth installing.

I just tested it on the original page of the Motivational Pics thread in Maggies and it works great.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...ed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en