• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

A2 buttstock and prone shooting

pby5cat

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2012
Agoura Hills, California
So i have been prone shooting my LR308 pattern 6.5 creedmoor with an A2 buttstock. After 40 rounds my collar bone hurt so bad my accuracy was hurting.

Anyone know of a new recoil pad that replaces the plastic cheese grater plate?

Get a slip on pad called The shooters Friend .This pad works great .I use them on all my rifles from black powder to ar's

If you are just wanting something for the A2 stock you have now, then check out the Sorbothane buttplate offered by Kick-Eez which is a bolt-on replacement for the standard plastic trapdoor buttplate. Same for the rubber buttplates offered by John Masen. All will add at least SOME length to the stock, so be advised when ordering that it might mess with the fitment of the rifle for you. You can also try the medium-size Limbsaver slip-on pad (I think its the medium, but double-check the size on their website). I'm not wild on slip-on type pads as I have found them to suffer from generally poor fitment in the past, but I have a friend who is VERY recoil sensitive because of an injury and he runs the Limbsaver slip-on and it actually works VERY well on his A2.