• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

A5 Stock Purpose?

hhowe

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
Colorado
Gents,

Sorry for the dumb question, but what is the purpose of the cut out in the A5 stock?

Re: A5 Stock Purpose?

laugh.gif

I'm no expert, but i think that it is so you can snug the butt up to your shoulder with your non-shooting hand if you don't have a back rest of some sort. I may be wrong though.

I too put a bag in it, but what type of bag are you all using? That is why I ask, seems every bag that I use is not the correct one.

to grip with support hand, or to lock into a rear bag, or to push and lock into your shoulder with support hand when using a bipod or other front rest.

plus it hooks just right into the jawbone when you use it as a blunt object and looks pretty cool.

i find a "rabbit ear" style that have the two wings on top that look like, well, rabbit ears cradle and support the stock to deter front to back and side to side shifting

It's so the rifle doesn't slip out of your hands when you smash it against a brick in your garage
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StrikeHold</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You put your weeeeeed in it. </div></div>

Epic.