• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International 223 conversion working

I’ve heard Gilbert’s design runs flawlessly, the hide member I bought mine from stated it was smooth and feeding a 100% without issue.
Ordered up some 80 and 88 Gr ELD’s to run in front of Varget. 80 Gr is what he said was hands down the best in the conversion.

I’ll be putting it through the paces end of next week.

Reactions: Bulletsmith
My 223 conversion kit is being delivered today that i was lucky enough to purchase end of last week from a member here. Can not wait to get it out to the range. I feel I'm all set, 6.5CM, 6 Dasher and now the 223 conversion kit. I would be all over a WSM bolt for the AXSA, that would be icing on the cake. (y)
You are set for sure. Jealous

Why
My 223 conversion kit is being delivered today that i was lucky enough to purchase end of last week from a member here. Can not wait to get it out to the range. I feel I'm all set, 6.5CM, 6 Dasher and now the 223 conversion kit. I would be all over a WSM bolt for the AXSA, that would be icing on the cake. (y)
Why wait on WSM…I’ve been shooting it for over a year 😀

AT-X 223 😻

Waiting patiently for both.
FF5EB4D4-9EAA-4816-9751-B540886E8509.jpeg

I hate waiting 😝

Got my 223 Rem conversion out today for the 1st time, all I can say is sweet…
Through a few loads together using 69 Gr, 73 Gr and 80 Gr boolits and was sub MOA. Just fire forming me some brass.
It runs smooth as silk..,
A5D66FAC-B932-4456-B844-5A3319EE7AE8.jpeg
ED2DF19B-27F3-449C-8F23-4D3468683BD3.jpeg

BFFF24B4-9CB2-4860-B41A-594EE53E3CAE.jpeg
BF84CABA-8FA7-45C0-8F4B-22BCC3E6B049.jpeg
6BC1C7B4-2243-45C0-8221-18E70DB2AA14.jpeg

do you run a 223 Wylde chamber or just long throated 223 ? 5.56 ammo hence the question
Yes, I open the throat on a 223 Wylde to take full advantage of the mags and be able to run 85.5bergers. I’ve run 95smk but can’t push them that fast, just pushing 2620 before massive compressed load.

this crap 556 ammo is more just for trigger time for my son.

Reactions: M77 and RS14
Did not read entire thread - how far out, if at all, will mag or 223 bolts be available?

Greg is working on them and making a few minor revisions, but he's swamped with work right now. His last update was a month ago trying out some tweaks to the lug ramp geometry, and I would like to think he'll have them out in another 2-3 months or so...but hopefully he'll pop in here with another update.

Really liking my 223 conversion, it was worth the wait. I'm interested to see AI's 223 conversion when it is finally available and what they're going to provide for a magazine.

@trophyhunter came out with the original 223 bolt head conversion, they offered it for some time. I bought the rights/technology from them and we are making some small revisions in geometry. We are mostly through the revision and should put the R2 into production very shortly. We are assuming to be very close to the original price structure, to be determined on "announcement". We've got lots of 224 barrels in stock, and ready to produce barrels based on our typical pre-fit lead times

Awesome thanks. You do have a ton of barrels, just got another Bartlein delivered from you today.

Will a mag bolt face be in the works as well?

Reactions: trophyhunter
@trophyhunter came out with the original 223 bolt head conversion, they offered it for some time. I bought the rights/technology from them and we are making some small revisions in geometry. We are mostly through the revision and should put the R2 into production very shortly. We are assuming to be very close to the original price structure, to be determined on "announcement". We've got lots of 224 barrels in stock, and ready to produce barrels based on our typical pre-fit lead times
I’m not overly far from you if you need a tester !

I know this has taken some time, more time than I wanted it to
we have made a few revisions and have a part thats ready to produce
Im not making this part, so I must work with another shops schedule
we had discussions this morning and should be putting R1 into production within the next couple weeks
I have plenty of barrels and am ready to do this. Havent looked at AI small FP bolt availability, but thats pretty much out of my control

Greg,
Will it be on your website to purchase?
I definitely want to be on the list, no problem paying up front either.

Ken

I agree 100%, for a PRS gun I prefer my Impact with an MDT chassis.

I understand why some really like the AI rifles, there's a lot of merits to them. But they are not the be-all end-all, nor are they my preference in rifles.

I'll take any of my rifles over an AI any day. But different strokes for different folks.

For some people, going Terminus for a .223 rifle may be a great choice. Or you can continue to live in an AI dream world, counting down the years until an AI .223 is available.

I understand why some really like the AI rifles, there's a lot of merits to them. But they are not the be-all end-all, nor are they my preference in rifles.

I'll take any of my rifles over an AI any day. But different strokes for different folks.

For some people, going Terminus for a .223 rifle may be a great choice. Or you can continue to live in an AI dream world, counting down the years until an AI .223 is available.

Dream? I’ve got mine…

Reminder, this is an AI fanboy 223 thread, no problems with opinions here.

But its mainly this thread is directed at the AI 223 conversion, not what other 223 options are there.

We can still dream, lol and it is in the works so it’s closer to reality.

I know this has taken some time, more time than I wanted it to
we have made a few revisions and have a part thats ready to produce
Im not making this part, so I must work with another shops schedule
we had discussions this morning and should be putting R1 into production within the next couple weeks
I have plenty of barrels and am ready to do this. Havent looked at AI small FP bolt availability, but thats pretty much out of my control
Do you have any plans for an AXMC version?

I must be living a dream, I was shooting mine today 🙂