• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

That's what she said.
EDA37FD4-E7E0-4ECD-8442-B774F8B3A0DB.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5RWill and 96C
A8B11E1E-F878-45A6-B535-1232C6471F40.jpeg

419 extensions also fit very nicely… they even follow the contour of the magwell.

I haven’t modified the mag itself yet but I’d imagine spring will need to be stretched pretty good to work. Adds almost 1.5” to the depth.

I’m thinking the Seekins/Altus +2s would probably be better suited.

Reactions: deersniper
got some rare free time this evening, so i fashioned up a coplanar rail for the short bridge to run my clip-ons. took some points off the endsquickly free hand. may actually clamp it and clean it up more in the morning before i paint. may not.

Attachments

• CD07CFFE-F582-4859-BAB1-62BBECC2BA64.jpeg
    CD07CFFE-F582-4859-BAB1-62BBECC2BA64.jpeg
    555.3 KB · Views: 231
  • 9EA535AA-A2C2-475C-AE9C-E2490727CC23.jpeg
    9EA535AA-A2C2-475C-AE9C-E2490727CC23.jpeg
    234.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 11C012C3-603A-4A1A-ABC7-F3403FB2D0F1.jpeg
    11C012C3-603A-4A1A-ABC7-F3403FB2D0F1.jpeg
    277 KB · Views: 213
  • 9BE320A3-02F5-461E-ABEE-8E3ACF0EFF07.jpeg
    9BE320A3-02F5-461E-ABEE-8E3ACF0EFF07.jpeg
    548.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 04D6232B-3B9D-4DA6-8261-854158D92EEA.jpeg
    04D6232B-3B9D-4DA6-8261-854158D92EEA.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 249
Has anyone else had trouble feeding GT rounds without HRD kits? It will pick up some rounds (seems like the odd numbers - 1, 3, etc.) but skips over others. Does the same thing with 3 different brand new AX mags.

I feel like the mags sit a little low when secured in the chassis, but the cases have good engagement with the feed lips. If I move the cases forward, as if there was a spacer, it feeds fine.

Just looking to see whether guys have had better luck with or without the kits (or maybe if there is another issue at play). I thought it might have been the bad mag issue, but given that the feed lips seem like they’re OK, I’m not sure that it is.

Has anyone else had trouble feeding GT rounds without HRD kits? It will pick up some rounds (seems like the odd numbers - 1, 3, etc.) but skips over others. Does the same thing with 3 different brand new AX mags.

I feel like the mags sit a little low when secured in the chassis, but the cases have good engagement with the feed lips. If I move the cases forward, as if there was a spacer, it feeds fine.

Just looking to see whether guys have had better luck with or without the kits (or maybe if there is another issue at play). I thought it might have been the bad mag issue, but given that the feed lips seem like they’re OK, I’m not sure that it is.
I don’t shoot GT, but I’ve heard those kits work very well.

Are there magnum bolt faces available for this rifle? And if not, any plans in the future for a magnum bolt face?

Think @trophyhunter does it now ?

Are there magnum bolt faces available for this rifle? And if not, any plans in the future for a magnum bolt face?
IIRC There are AI manufactured parts for 6,5 PRC bolts that exist. But only as proof of concept/demo. No publically available SKU.

AI is still launching ATX (eg AICS is due soon?), so they aren't making any kinds of promises on additiona/future SKUs.

Sounds like I would have to get the bolt face modified, thankfully there appears to be a few people that do it.

I've gotten a wild hair recently, and contemplating adding an AT-X to my collection, but in 7 SAUM...

Question for ATX owners that have thrown the MDT Elite grip on their rifles, are you ordering the standard chassis rifle option or AR option?

Standard chassis I believe.

Finally found some more info, you're spot on. Ends up the only difference is the notch for the safety. Going to be ordering a few of these shortly. Appreciate the help!

Few pages back this was talked about some. I’m running 6gt with no mag kits and it works most of the time but get a few bolt ride overs myself. I shimmed the mag catch up and that help a bunch but still miss a round here and there. AI says there is no need to shim the mag catch though. If your having issues send them your mags and they will fix them.

Few pages back this was talked about some. I’m running 6gt with no mag kits and it works most of the time but get a few bolt ride overs myself. I shimmed the mag catch up and that help a bunch but still miss a round here and there. AI says there is no need to shim the mag catch though. If your having issues send them your mags and they will fix them.
I get bolt overrides running 6GT in my AT. I thought my mags just had weak springs. Seems like it's common.
Messed around with it a little bit more today and found that I can get it to feed reliably by moving the rounds forward in the mag so the case shoulder touches the rib. Also talked to Krob about it and he said the same thing has been working for him.

I ordered some HRD mag kits to try, but I think the GT cases are going to be too long to work with the spacer/rib spacing.

Going to run it like this for a regional match next weekend and figure out where to go from there. I may still send the mags into AI to have them looked at, but if the issue persists I may have to look at shimming as well.

Will update as I mess around with it more.

6CFFB03D-309D-4A69-852D-77E30B1E94CA.jpeg
BBC4A79F-749A-4B9B-A610-55736C92ABDC.jpeg

Last edited:
I was having issues with bolt riding over with my 6CM. Had issues with the magazine doing some weird shhit. Sent the mag off and got it back. Seems to be ok but I only shot it at one match.

1659371650395.jpeg

Has anyone 3D printed blocks that follow the shape of the Sawtooth or AI weights yet? I want the wide footprint/thumb area without the weight.

Has anyone 3D printed blocks that follow the shape of the Sawtooth or AI weights yet? I want the wide footprint/thumb area without the weight.
I’m sure you already know, but Sawtooth does make aluminum ones. Not sure how much weight you’d save with 3D vs. those, but I’d venture to
guess you probably wouldn’t tell a difference.

Got my dark earth rifle this week. Have not gotten to shoot it yet, just a lot of dry fire. Is it normal for the trigger shoe to have some side to side wiggle to it?

Did you try tightening the clamp bolt?

Got my dark earth rifle this week. Have not gotten to shoot it yet, just a lot of dry fire. Is it normal for the trigger shoe to have some side to side wiggle to it?
Adjust the trigger to where you want it then clamp it in place using the torque specs in the manual. It shouldn’t move.

Did you try tightening the clamp bolt?
Yea the trigger shoe clamp is tight so much so that when I tried to loosen it to move it I decided to leave it where it was in fear of stripping it. Trigger feels great. The wiggle I am referring to is left to right not front to back. Was just wandering if that is normal?