• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AXSR's are HERE!!

Interested in Selling your Mlok Handguard? Im about to order an AXSR tomorrow and am willing to trade the keyslot handguard to you for your mlok. Or outright buy yours if youre willing to sell it. Thanks.
It's a comp trigger. Different housing. So you can't put an OEM trigger from previous AI rifles. I tried it on the ASR since I like the heavier 3lb +

@diverdon There's quite a bit of differences. Very few parts from the AXMC transitioned over to the AXSR's. I would call EuroOptic or Mile High to walk you through it

Noticable differences

- Reduced Action Weight
- Small Firing Pin
- Intergrated RRS Rail/ Grip
- 2 Position Safety
- Competition Trigger set at 2.5lb's
- AR Style Pistol Grip
- 20moa instead of 30moa. Intergrated continuous pic rail on forend (Also 20moa)
- Keyslot instead of Gay MLOK on ASR
- Cam-Lever LOP and Cheek Piece Adjustment. Cheek Piece 1" Longer
- Increased Lug Surface Area, Smoother Bolt Lift
- Still 60 degree 6 lug bolt, but lugs are in a different position. So AXMC bolt bodies aren't compatible in the ASR/ AXSR platforms

Tennon threads are the same as AXMC.
Yes, the ASR/ AXSR forend tubes fit the AX/ AXMC rifles. Def going to buy me a keyslot tube to replace the MLOK....

Whats the difference between the AX Mk.III and not AXSR? Didnt even know there was an AX Mk.III lol ....

Whats the difference between the AX Mk.III and not AXSR? Didnt even know there was an AX Mk.III lol ....
Screenshot_20200428-160840.jpg

The MkIII has an enhanced bolt and extractor compared to the AXSR? Also, it says the MkIII comes with the standard AI 2 stage trigger. I hope the AXSR has that option in the future!

That is an interesting compare list, wonder if the MKIII will be/is available to US consumers?

Reactions: beenjammin
I was comparing pics yesterday. I'm kind of torn between the two. The chassis and rear tang of the MK3 is thinner behind the mag well which does't appeal as much to me. The chassis in front of the mag well is different as well (looks wise). The trigger guard is rounded on the MK3 and actually looks like that whole piece is removable. Looks wise I think I'm leaning AXSR. But the forend on the mk3 appears closed off which may be better for mirage.

Reactions: Luka

Interesting, even in their UK Show, the Mk3 had the 2-position safety on the side.

The only one that had the 3-position was the AX50 ELR.

The spring loaded push button is a neat idea, though if they're anything like AW's, tend to have a little slop. The levers are rock solid on the ASR though (cheek piece is spring loaded)

Interesting, even in their UK Show, the Mk3 had the 2-position safety on the side.

The only one that had the 3-position was the AX50 ELR.

The spring loaded push button is a neat idea, though if they're anything like AW's, tend to have a little slop. The levers are rock solid on the ASR though (cheek piece is spring loaded)

If you look closely at the pics from the UK show you can see the 3 positions for the safety. There's 2 positions at the rear marked with what looks like "L" and "S".

If you look closely at the pics from the UK show you can see the 3 positions for the safety. There's 2 positions at the rear marked with what looks like "L" and "S".

Did not catch that. Good eye.

Funny thing, the AW50/ AX50 had 2 position safety, but they went back to the original 3-position on AX50 ELR

Reactions: Chargerguy
Reactions: kocustoms
Shared features says both are bolted. So no more actions bonded to chassis? I didnt realize this was on the AXSR.

Yeah, thought I mentioned it a few times especially with ASR. Regardless, It's not bonded like the AW50/ AX50. They figured if those systems handled just fine without being bonded, ASR/ AXSR wouldn't have a problem either.

The ASR and AXSR were developed for a USSOCOM requirement and are specifically tailored for U.S. armed forces requirements. The AX Mk III is tailored for UK, Europe and ROW requirements. The chassis on the Mk III is completely different from the AXSR. The action is common to both models but as others have noted the Mk III has a 3rd position in the safety.

I was comparing pics yesterday. I'm kind of torn between the two. The chassis and rear tang of the MK3 is thinner behind the mag well which does't appeal as much to me. The chassis in front of the mag well is different as well (looks wise). The trigger guard is rounded on the MK3 and actually looks like that whole piece is removable. Looks wise I think I'm leaning AXSR. But the forend on the mk3 appears closed off which may be better for mirage.
The MkIII has an enhanced bolt and extractor compared to the AXSR? Also, it says the MkIII comes with the standard AI 2 stage trigger. I hope the AXSR has that option in the future!
The AXSR has a much more refined trigger and offers the user greater options for setting up the trigger for different applications.

That is an interesting compare list, wonder if the MKIII will be/is available to US consumers?

The AX Mk III will not be available in the U.S. It is still undergoing testing versus the ASR/AXSR which have been in production since last October.

How do you adjust the trigger on the ASXR? Do you need to disassemble the action to get to the trigger?

Got zero docs with my rifle

Thanks for the link, but per this manual, "Two stage trigger, 2.5 lb pull weight with adjustable reach trigger blade. (See separate documentation)"

Where this separate documentation is is beyond me.

I reached out to AI, ill let you know if they ever respond.

Thanks for the link, but per this manual, "Two stage trigger, 2.5 lb pull weight with adjustable reach trigger blade. (See separate documentation)"

Where this separate documentation is is beyond me.

According to both AI and Eurooptic you should have gotten a flash drive with your rifle that has all the documents on it. If you didn't receive it, reach out to Eurooptic and they can get you one.

Got the USB and its the same document as the link to Euro Optics which states to see this very allusive separate documentation.

I guess we tired

any of you guys that already got them. did yours show up scratched up? mines got probably 15-20 fine scratches all over it. and one of the red dots is crumpled like someone tried scratching it off. also showed up really dirty. some kind of black oil smudged and splattered lightly all over. trying to decide whether to exchange it from one that's not so beat up.

• Sad
Reactions: Luka
any of you guys that already got them. did yours show up scratched up? mines got probably 15-20 fine scratches all over it. and one of the red dots is crumpled like someone tried scratching it off. also showed up really dirty. some kind of black oil smudged and splattered lightly all over. trying to decide whether to exchange it from one that's not so beat up.

No scratches or black oil on mine. As for the over pressure plugs, mine were intact. The only issue I had was the missing USB, but could have fallen out since the outside box was damaged and opened. Go o' UPS at it again.

That’s weird. Maybe the FFL was checking out what these AI’s were all about? 🤣😂🤣

you can always return it though. Or you should’ve sent it back without taking it home?

One of my red blow out plugs looked a little funky too... like a bit of excess material, not fully seated. I just cleaned it up some and it's fine now.

That’s weird. Maybe the FFL was checking out what these AI’s were all about? 🤣😂🤣

you can always return it though. Or you should’ve sent it back without taking it home?

Eurooptic immediately offered to exchange it. was just trying to see if anyone else had the same experience. They are really light scratches but they are pretty much all over the rifle. and it looks like someone tried scraping the red right out of those little holes. Probably gonna exchange it. lot of money to have in a rifle that if I decided to sell right now would have to discount for the paint job.

@Scott Seigmund, or anyone w/ direct knowledge:

Are AXSR barrels backward compatible w/ AXMC barrels? I understand that tenon threads are identical for these two rifles, but can barrels actually interchange with different bolt design?

Thanks for the pointer!

Reactions: NateSavannah

Are AXSR barrels backward compatible w/ AXMC barrels? I understand that tenon threads are identical for these two rifles, but can barrels actually interchange with different bolt design?

Thanks for the pointer!
I asked AI on their Facebook few weeks ago. They said AX Mark3 would use same barrel as AX Mark2 ( AXMC). I assume it should be same for AXSR as well.

cheers,
Zane

Reactions: yej0001

Thanks for the pointer!

I read in another forum they are compatible. I also contacted proof research and they said they dont plan on making an axsr specfic barrel.

Nate,

AI makes replacement barrels every week. They are available from Mile High Shooting Accessories and Euro Optics.

my point with my comment is that someone in a previous forum stated they are backwards compatible and what proof research told me also reinforced that point. Mile high told me the same thing but werent 100 percent sure.

Oh I’m not discrediting their quality or their lineage, but up and till now i have never been keen on how they look. That’s all.
Accuracy International celebrated it's 40th birthday on April 1st. Every product the company has ever made has been the result of a set of requirements from military and police organizations. The AXSR is the latest in a long line of rifles for professionals.

I see that 300NM barrel of the ASR kit has 1-8" twist rate, AXSR - 1-9.5".
Will be 1-8" available for AXSR in the future?

Last edited:
That’s interesting. Even the MKIII lists a 1:8 twist for the 300NM.

The adjustment procedure for the AXSR trigger is the same as for the comp trigger. It just won't go as low in total pull weight.

The 308 bolts (and 300 WIN MAG) will be available in Q3. The limited edition ASR kits already have the 308 bolt.

-Scott
@Scott Seigmund any update on when the bolt bodies will start shipping for the AXSRs?

Thanks.