• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Pics

Re: Accuracy International Pics

thanks how can you tell the twist do you reload for yours i measured the chamber seams to be long 2.930 dont know if this is how they all are steve

Holy handgrenade! I want one!!!! What is the best suppressor for this setup?

My favorite by far are the Brugger & Thomet suppressors:

http://www.btdeutschland.com/Schalldaempfer.htm

The .338 Accuracy looks great on a rifle.. it is on this gun from my previous post...

http://www.imfdb.org/images/b/b4/Internationalsniper.jpg

I spoke with the US importer for Brugger & Thomet today. They won't import on an individual basis due to costs and paperwork. He was prompting me to buy a larger order though. If anyone is interested, I'll start compiling a list and maybe we can do a large order, I donno.

aeprofile.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H60BDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke with the US importer for Brugger & Thomet today. They won't import on an individual basis due to costs and paperwork. He was prompting me to buy a larger order though. If anyone is interested, I'll start compiling a list and maybe we can do a large order, I donno.
</div></div>Good luck with that. By the way, when was 26 USC sec 5844 repealed?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H60BDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy handgrenade! I want one!!!! What is the best suppressor for this setup?</div></div>

AI AE Covert.

Of course it's only available as a barrel/suppressor kit from AINA. I got to handle one and it's sweet. Just wish I could have fired it. Maybe I can talk Stacey into bringing it to the range for 2011 Sniperweek.

BTW, I am pretty sure there is a reason you only see US made Silencers in the US.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H60BDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke with the US importer for Brugger & Thomet today. They won't import on an individual basis due to costs and paperwork. He was prompting me to buy a larger order though. If anyone is interested, I'll start compiling a list and maybe we can do a large order, I donno.
</div></div>

Yeah... CBP and ATF are going to love you
smirk.gif

WHOAH,...slow down.

The AI bipod is not as rigid or strong as the original PH. The PH is essentially an old Bren Gun bipod. Rigid and strong as a brick shit house. The AI is spindly by comparison.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The AI bipod is not as rigid or strong as the original PH. The PH is essentially an old Bren Gun bipod. Rigid and strong as a brick shit house. The AI is spindly by comparison.</div></div>

Googled for Bren bipod and found this
"British Bren MK2 Bipod"
XB2020a.jpg

For comparison the PH bipod from the PH distributor in the US
http://www.fidelisfirearms.com/bipods.htm
PHBIS.jpg

PHBIF.jpg

The latter looks identical to an AI bipod
bipod.gif

I have both a PH and AI bipods and I can't see any diference except the AI spud, otherwise identical.

Question I have not seen much ( nothing in fact)about an AI entry for the PSR (Precision Sniper Rifle)I assume they have an entry, did I just miss the information? Do's anyone have information or pics?

Thanks, I was not clear on the switch barrel capability of the .338 AX sytem, have not seen much info or pics on that feature. Got too focused on the other AX systems.

I took out my .338 AIAW to the desert and did some precision work with friends. We all took turns on the beast. Also my buddy brought out his .308 AIAW and getting solid hits on the 1100 steel.

Was a good day.

IMG_9703.jpg

IMG_9739.jpg

IMG_9741.jpg

IMG_9745.jpg

IMG_9746_2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: medic103</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I totally hate that it's hard to mock up photographs with the stock AI bipod. What were they thinking? Don't the weapon designers realize that stability for photo-taking is one of the <span style="font-style: italic">most important</span> features for the US Market? </div></div>

Awesome. </div></div>

Rofl.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H60BDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke with the US importer for Brugger & Thomet today. They won't import on an individual basis due to costs and paperwork. He was prompting me to buy a larger order though. If anyone is interested, I'll start compiling a list and maybe we can do a large order, I donno.
</div></div>

You can buy B&T in America. There are quite a few TP9 pistols and APR rifles out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sierra Bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H60BDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke with the US importer for Brugger & Thomet today. They won't import on an individual basis due to costs and paperwork. He was prompting me to buy a larger order though. If anyone is interested, I'll start compiling a list and maybe we can do a large order, I donno.
</div></div>

You can buy B&T in America. There are quite a few TP9 pistols and APR rifles out there. </div></div>
He was taking about a B&T silencer. Read his original post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread gives me a chubby. I just sold my .308 and I really think I need an AI AEmkII. </div></div>
I think you need one as well, its a great rifle, I just got mine this week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread gives me a chubby. I just sold my .308 and I really think I need an AI AEmkII. </div></div>
I think you need one as well, its a great rifle, I just got mine this week. </div></div>

No pics yet, but I just shot mine yesterday for the first time and all I can say is sell some things if you have to, you won't miss them!

I wish I did it years ago!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mark5pt56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No pics yet, but I just shot mine yesterday for the first time and all I can say is sell some things if you have to, you won't miss them!

I wish I did it years ago! </div></div>

I agree. I kick myself thinking about the car I had sitting in the garage for so long. I could have converted it to an AI years ago.

In fact if my wife didn't like riding on it so much, the sportbike might be next on the block. I would love to have another AE in 6.5CM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In fact if my wife didn't like riding on it so much, the sportbike might be next on the block. I would love to have another AE in 6.5CM. </div></div>The beauty of a switch barrel is, that you don't NEED to buy a whole other rifle, to make that dream come true...

I know, and I have looked at that, but with the way the AI swaps barrels I think I would prefer a complete second rifle.

You never know, I may go ahead and get the barrel later in the year and if I get tired of messing with it, then I at least have a spare barrel for the 6.5CM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Switch barrels are great in theory, annoying as hell in reality. </div></div>

You got that right. Good to be able to thread pre-fitted barrels on after the last tube died but switching back and forth between calibers is a PITA.

User replaceable (not "switch barrel") was one of the big attractions to the AI.

Actually trying to make it a "switch barrel" to me would take too much prior planning. I like to just grab a rifle chuck the stuff in the car and go to the range. Since my AE is my "duty rifle" and it has to remain .308 for that capacity I would have to switch barrels right before a range trip and pray my cell phone doesn't ring while I am at the range.

I have been attracted to the DTA SRS because it is closer to what I consider a true "switch barrel". I could easily swap barrels on the bench at the range with nothing more than a Borka Driver. I just don't know if the SRS will have the long term durability of the AI. Sucks that everything in life is a compromise. However I am blessed that I am in a place in life where I have had to make those kind of decisions.

I've swapped 'em back and forth a few times. It's not a 5 second job but it isn't too bad either. The first time I did it I didn't bother to take my skins off, and that was a mistake- I dinged them up, just a bit.

But, with the cost of rifles and glass, I think I'm going to get a .260 barrel before I get another whole rig.

Lonewolf- I forgot about the duty rifle aspect, and in your case, I do see where you are coming from. It is enough of a pain to swap out barrels that I wouldn't want to do it just for one range trip on my day off, that's for sure.

Nice. Did you get the barrel from AI, or from GAP? Debating whether to get an AIAE in 260 vs. getting a barrel for my AW in 260.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've swapped 'em back and forth a few times. It's not a 5 second job but it isn't too bad either. The first time I did it I didn't bother to take my skins off, and that was a mistake- I dinged them up, just a bit.</div></div>

This was with your AW correct?

I hear PITA with the AE is you are supposed to remove the action from the chassis. This means stripping the rifle totally down before swapping the barrels. I have torn the AE to the lowest field maintenance level and it's not a monumental task, but far from convenient.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've swapped 'em back and forth a few times. It's not a 5 second job but it isn't too bad either. The first time I did it I didn't bother to take my skins off, and that was a mistake- I dinged them up, just a bit.</div></div>

This was with your AW correct?

I hear PITA with the AE is you are supposed to remove the action from the chassis. This means stripping the rifle totally down before swapping the barrels. I have torn the AE to the lowest field maintenance level and it's not a monumental task, but far from convenient. </div></div>Yeah, I have an AW, and technically you don't need to take anything off. I found it prudent to strip off the bipod, skins, and scope, to make sure they didn't get dinged up. It could be done with them on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I take off my AW's is the scope mount.

</div></div>If I had used one of YOUR action wrenches, I probably would have been OK without taking off the skins. My action wrench is not one of yours or one of AI's, it wasn't off the offset design.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I take off my AW's is the scope mount.

</div></div>If I had used one of YOUR action wrenches, I probably would have been OK without taking off the skins. My action wrench is not one of yours or one of AI's, it wasn't off the offset design. </div></div>
what wrench are you using?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
what wrench are you using? </div></div>It's a good wrench actually! It is one of the ones that StrictlyRUM machined. It is straight though, without the offset like Zak and AI's wrench. The difference being that you take your skins off (would be already with an AE) so you don't ding 'em up. I don't care anyhow, the ding is right where I tape my dope chart.

I thought the skins were there to keep the chassis from getting dinged up ?! I know my skins are scratched and dinged up anyway.

One other note on the wrenches. We had a guy who called us- he had bought and AW from someone used and it came with a wrench that he thought was ours. Well, it wouldn't fit into the action anymore. He sent it in and it was <span style="text-decoration: underline">not</span> one that we had made, but interestingly, due to a construction/material problem with it, it had actually deformed under the torque and it was no longer straight/true enough to use as a wrench. Just a note that not all wrenches are made right. As an offer of good faith since he thought it was ours when he bought the gun, we offered him a new one at a good discount.

-z

Who makes the side saddle ammo holder on the stock? Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edwin907</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tried the black skins on the "night fighter" AICS.

BLK2.jpg

BLK.jpg

BLK3.jpg

BLK1.jpg
</div></div> [/quote]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavBoy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who makes the side saddle ammo holder on the stock? Thanks!

</div></div>

It's the Bauer Arms ammo management system. Very well made!