• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Pics

Re: Accuracy International Pics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edwin907</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavBoy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who makes the side saddle ammo holder on the stock? Thanks!

</div></div>

It's the Bauer Arms ammo management system. Very well made! </div></div>

Think they might be made by Redman.

Check Triad, CS Tactical, etc

Well, I might as well be the first one in this thread to post AX pics, here's mine (full option load in FDE with 26" AW barrel chopped to 18.5", and fluted. Total weight is 16.5lbs, 17.4lbs or so with the can):

100_2116.jpg

100_2115.jpg

100_2118.jpg

100_2117.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I might as well be the first one in this thread to post AX pics, here's mine (full option load in FDE with 26" AW barrel chopped to 18.5", and fluted. Total weight is 16.5lbs, 17.4lbs or so with the can):

100_2118.jpg

</div></div>

That's how it's supposed to be... boys play with toys, lady do the dishes...kidding
grin.gif

Very nice AX you got there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I might as well be the first one in this thread to post AX pics, here's mine (full option load in FDE with 26" AW barrel chopped to 18.5", and fluted. Total weight is 16.5lbs, 17.4lbs or so with the can):

100_2116.jpg

100_2115.jpg

100_2118.jpg

100_2117.jpg
</div></div>
Did you keep the AW or sell it?

Here is my AW I got from Trigger Time. 308 USO SN-3 (3.2-17x) Atlas Bipod and TAB Sling. Suppressor is an AAC Cyclone.
1298933335_img_0839.jpg

1298933355_img_0840.jpg

1298933370_img_0841.jpg

1298933385_img_0842.jpg

I'm slacking, sorry guys. As soon as I can I will get some updated pics of some of the AI's for the post, don't let me forgot either. They are looking good, keep them coming!

Hello
Can you tell me which brand is the muzzle brake?
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I took out my .338 AIAW to the desert and did some precision work with friends. We all took turns on the beast. Also my buddy brought out his .308 AIAW and getting solid hits on the 1100 steel.

Was a good day.

IMG_9703.jpg

IMG_9746_2.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ts1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my AW I got from Trigger Time. 308 USO SN-3 (3.2-17x) Atlas Bipod and TAB Sling. Suppressor is an AAC Cyclone.
</div></div>Nice work! Bump for Paul G. from Trigger Time as well, great guy to work with.

Can't believe I never posted in here. Here's my AE MKI with PMII and AAC 762-SD. I don't care much for the locking mechanism on the AAC though and have a TBA 30P1 on order.

DSCF0073.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

"Ts1" nice looking 20" fluted AW there, congrats. That is truly my favorite configuration right there, with the exception of the scope, suppressor and Pic Rail, LOL. As many know I prefer the dovetail over the Pic rail. Enjoy!

Thanks Stacey! I do disagree about the scope, rail and suppressor LOL! Best of all, I made some new friends out here when I acquired this rifle. We are very fortunate to have great AI dealers here in Denver.

Welcome Sir, I knew you would and rightfully so. If it works for you, you are enjoy it, it just don't matter what others say, LOL. That is great and we are very fortunate to have good support up there now in CO, which has been lacking for many years. I am sure you will have a blast and just to remind you I will be there in CO in May time frame so hopefully you will take the AI Armorer's course with others and have a good time there as well.

Can someone tell me what that round disc shaped thing/attachment is under the stock? the puece that is a little scuffed up? just very curious of what it is and function. thanks!

[ link to LARGER image ]

ahh thanks! it was such a noob question. but if you don't ask then you dont know. any more AI pics anyone?

Redneckbmxer24 if you don't mind me asking what do you not like on the locking mechanism on the aac?

It's the 18 tooth and there's significant wear on the springs. The 51 tooth design is much better.

Here is mine,

AIAW .308 26" barrel with muzzle break, S&B PMII 4-16x42 and AI Bipod. Sorry for bad quality pics, they were taken with my phone.

29w7jp1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't believe I never posted in here. Here's my AE MKI with PMII and AAC 762-SD. I don't care much for the locking mechanism on the AAC though and have a TBA 30P1 on order.

DSCF0073.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg
</div></div>

What is the pad called under the forend? I am looking for one but I couldnt remember what it was called.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whit</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't believe I never posted in here. Here's my AE MKI with PMII and AAC 762-SD. I don't care much for the locking mechanism on the AAC though and have a TBA 30P1 on order.

</div></div>

What is the pad called under the forend? I am looking for one but I couldnt remember what it was called. </div></div>

I think that may be the Sniper Skidpad by SOTECH. At least that's where I got mine. Great stuff.

Gidday Snafu.
Nice beasty ya got there. Is that some sort of moleskin on the cheek pad? I have archery/bow silencing tape on mine at the moment but its more like a neoprene than what you have.It looks like it was put on well (can't see tape seems). Where/where would one get something like that from?
Cheers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bbl change takes a few minutes. </div></div>
Hi,

I saw in this post a link to a barrel changing video but it do not work,can you have a working link to it please?it will maybe help me to make a choice between an AI AW 300 and a DTA srs..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bob7-08</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bbl change takes a few minutes. </div></div>
Hi,

I saw in this post a link to a barrel changing video but it do not work,can you have a working link to it please?it will maybe help me to make a choice between an AI AW 300 and a DTA srs.. </div></div>

Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dewjkWRMbew

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KiwiShtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gidday Snafu.
Nice beasty ya got there. Is that some sort of moleskin on the cheek pad? I have archery/bow silencing tape on mine at the moment but its more like a neoprene than what you have.It looks like it was put on well (can't see tape seems). Where/where would one get something like that from?
Cheers. </div></div>

It is called Agrip by Brooks tactical systems. The standard cheek is slippery when dry, forget it when you add moisture/sunscreen. Its never hot or excessively cold, and always has the same amount of grip. it is very thin too, no fluff to it. They sell 5"X8" sheets of the stuff which will do about three cheek pieces, more if you didnt cover the cheek entirely. I simply wrapped the whole thing. Its somewhat elastic and has a very tacky adhesive that can be peeled and reapplied. I am surprised I don't see more of this kind of treatment to AI cheeks. I don't roll without it.

http://brookstactical.com/

Since I just got my Nightforce back from Powdercoat... I'll add:

Remmy 5R .308 in AICS:
229205_206784826021793_100000708328989_588734_7205128_n.jpg

That is a Fat Boy APA. And it's 2x as effective at the AI. (tho I do love the AI!!!!)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stalker21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello
Can you tell me which brand is the muzzle brake?
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I took out my .338 AIAW to the desert and did some precision work with friends. We all took turns on the beast. Also my buddy brought out his .308 AIAW and getting solid hits on the 1100 steel.

Was a good day.

IMG_9703.jpg

IMG_9746_2.jpg
</div></div> </div></div>

Looking back, I guess I never posted this one here:

IMAG0199.jpg

My AX after doing a homebrew "multicam" job. Just couldn't deal with the FDE anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt Henry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Paint job bm11 </div></div>Thank you sir.

I see someone posted the picture of my "Christmas Camo" AWP (with the handstop). I'm a little surprised nobody noticed that I removed the Harris bipod mount. I do that to all my AW's since I use the AI/PH bipod and having a flat surface right there is more useful to me.

Anyway, here's a recent abomination. I think my .260 barrel is toast and I've been shooting some (cheap) .308 lately during instruction, actually doing a lot more carrying the rifle than shooting, so I took an old AWP barrel and cut it down to 18.

Here's a AWM in 7RM to contrast the rifle length!

I am torn on the AX. I like a lot of its design features but the additional height over the AW of the optics rail throws me for a loop, and it's not lighter than an AW (as far as I know). Well, that and not being able to use the AI bipod. No bipod on the market works as well for field shooting, although it wouldn't hurt my feelings if it were half the weight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see someone posted the picture of my "Christmas Camo" AWP (with the handstop). I'm a little surprised nobody noticed that I removed the Harris bipod mount. I do that to all my AW's since I use the AI/PH bipod and having a flat surface right there is more useful to me.

Anyway, here's a recent abomination. I think my .260 barrel is toast and I've been shooting some (cheap) .308 lately during instruction, actually doing a lot more carrying the rifle than shooting, so I took an old AWP barrel and cut it down to 18.

Here's a AWM in 7RM to contrast the rifle length!

I am torn on the AX. I like a lot of its design features but the additional height over the AW of the optics rail throws me for a loop, and it's not lighter than an AW (as far as I know). Well, that and not being able to use the AI bipod. No bipod on the market works as well for field shooting, although it wouldn't hurt my feelings if it were half the weight.

</div></div>Zak,

Love the handiness of the short barrel!

On to the AX- the sight height isn't much higher than a pic rail AW, I would say 1/4 inch or less, eyeballing it. The measurement I took for my ballistics computations puts the "sight height over bore" measurement at 2.3 inches, if that helps you.

The weight is about a half pound lighter than an AW, option to option. My AX is still significantly heavier than my AW though, as my AW was a standard 1.5, and the AX is a folder with a buttspike, quick adjust cheek, and quick adjust butt, and all of those options add weight.

As for the bipod, I guess I can't say much about that. I preferred an Atlas as it was, so not being able to use the AI bipod wasn't much of a deal breaker for me. Saves you another half pound to a pound too!

Just a generic 700P .308 in an AICS. Harris bipod, Weaver 3-15x50 Mil/Mil FFP glass. Stock fits me like a glove.

230363_101959859893526_100002385368170_16770_2526454_n.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On to the AX- the sight height isn't much higher than a pic rail AW, I would say 1/4 inch or less, eyeballing it. The measurement I took for my ballistics computations puts the "sight height over bore" measurement at 2.3 inches, if that helps you.
</div></div>
Thanks for the comments- I've put them side by side and the AX is about 1/2" higher compared to the dovetail AW. The AX I shot was not set up for me, so it was really hard to tell if it would screw me up shooting both AX's and AW's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the comments- I've put them side by side and the AX is about 1/2" higher compared to the dovetail AW. The AX I shot was not set up for me, so it was really hard to tell if it would screw me up shooting both AX's and AW's.
</div></div>Yes- I agree. The 1/4 inch taller was a comparison in difference in height between a pic rail AW and an AX. A dovetail AW would be about 1/4 inch lower than a pic rail AW, hence- the half an inch difference.

As for switching back and forth- to me, the AX feels VERY much like an AW. This is coming from the owner of an AW (with 3000 rounds through it- not much by your standard, but plenty to be familiar with the platform,) who was able to go back and forth, side by side, with both rifles, on multiple occasions.

On the other hand- if the AW is perfect for you, then there really is no reason to look at an AX. For me, the difference is the last 5% comfort I was able to get with the AX as opposed to the AW, and that 5% made all the difference.

Hope that helps,

-Bob

Bob,

My head position on an AW with the dovetail mount and the cheeckpiece all the way down is perfect. But I do like the way the new pistol grip feels. Maybe I need to see if I can get someone to lend me an AX for a weekend to see if I really need one. Thanks for the feedback.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob,

My head position on an AW with the dovetail mount and the cheeckpiece all the way down is perfect. But I do like the way the new pistol grip feels. Maybe I need to see if I can get someone to lend me an AX for a weekend to see if I really need one. Thanks for the feedback. </div></div>No prob. If you were in the vicinity of Maine, I'd lend you mine no prob.

My head position on my AW dictated that the cheek piece be about 1/8 of an inch above all-the-way down. The AX definitely requires some cheek-piece elevation, but once a comfortable position was established, it was no difference in comfort.

The AX I like the most , is the 338 version , which has a totally different action/bolt .

I like the fact with the AX308 you could mount a custom low CoG bipod , BUT to me the main down side of the AX308 is maybe ? , the loss of being able to run the 16 inche special suppressed barrel & BT can .

So for me , If I want another 308 AI rifle , I will just order another AW folder , but this time with a butt spike .

I am interested in seeing what the 338 version handles like , as I have one on order .

Cheers Chris

The AX338 is super sweet. I saw two of them when I was at MHSS. It makes me want to dedicate my current SM action to only shooting 7RM and get another .338 on the AX action. A .300WM bolt face for the AX338 would be great for those of us who do unusual things.

I do kind of wish AI made a slightly larger rifle than the AX338, in order to shoot .375/.408, etc. Right now it looks like DTA is the only serious rifle system to fit that cartridge.