• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Pics

Re: Accuracy International Pics

XCR LR Tactical, 308
DSCN06001.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VSP968</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only lowly AICS's..
wink.gif

20371rem700aics_010.jpg

Al :beer: </div></div>

What happened to that knob? Optical allusion? Supposed to be like that?

Oh and if anyone needs their AI skins Cerakoted a different color... any color.... $50

Unless I'm mistaken, I know of atleast one, maybe two companies that have done it with C-series Cerakote. NIC inducstries says it's fine to use on synthetics(stocks). And everything I've used it on, it has stuck to without problem.

Hope you are right, from what others have said, even Duracote has a hard time sticking to AI skins.

I used Krylon fusion paint for plastics and it has held up really well so far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zink14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is mine....she wears a Premier scope now.

AIopsinc.jpg

</div></div>

What is the barrel length on your rifle?

My AI AW comes in today to keep my AI AWSM company! I will post pics soon. Someone buy my GAP so I wont lose my testicles on what I am paying for this thing.

This is beautiful, great job on the paint. What did you use to get this pattern? Was it just natural foilage?

IMG00099.jpg

I freaking LOVE that rail setup, but for the $300USD+ I think I'll pass for now. Maybe engineer something of my own.

I finally stopped resisting and gave up the fight. I bought an AICS stock for my 700 P.
AICS002.jpg

Now the question is ; to bipod or not ? I'm not familiar with these and tend to trust benchrest tripods for best accuracy. Your advice is welcome, thanks in advance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VSP968</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only lowly AICS's..
wink.gif

20371rem700aics_010.jpg

Al :beer: </div></div>

What happened to that knob? Optical allusion? Supposed to be like that?

Oh and if anyone needs their AI skins Cerakoted a different color... any color.... $50 </div></div>

That's an ancient picture; I'd forgotten all about that ugly PTS bolt knob. Here's the same rifle, 8,000 rounds later....

P10100062.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VSP968</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd forgotten all about that ugly PTS bolt knob.</div></div>

I'm not familiar with PTS, got a link?

Just a quick pic of mine , AW 308 , with std AW 26 inche barrel , with Tac Brake .

Has a MK4 10x M3 on her at the moment , soon to be replaced with a 3-15x50 Premier .

DSC04290.jpg

Here is my AW. I realize the suppressor cover is on backwards. I just slide it on so I could handle the hot can. I need to order a new one in black.
743Q0850.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">newcomer,

I took some AWSM/338 bolt photos back when I did the TRG-42 / AWSM article. They are here http://demigodllc.com/photo/TRG42AWSM/

</div></div>

Thanks! I've looked at every albums you uploaded on the AWSM. I would really really love to look inside the cocking piece though.

How is the trigger pull compared to TRG? These two rifles have a two stage trigger system right? This may sound silly but can the firing pin be decocked?
I would appreciate it alot if you could post more pictures of the trigger assembly and the internals of the bolt shroud!

Edit: Also, how do you remove the bolt from the cocking piece?

The TRG trigger is very good.

On the AW, to "decock" the striker, you'd need to put the safety in the middle position, open the bolt, put the safety on "fire" and then hold the trigger back to cause the striker to follow as you close the bolt again. Then you'd end up with the striker down with a closed bolt. I would not recommend this for safety reasons if you're dealing with a loaded rifle. If it's unloaded, just dry-fire it.

If you can write exactly what you want a photo of, I'll see what I can do. There isn't much to see other than what you can see in photo A100_0173_img.jpg in the link above.

You can release the striker assembly from the bolt body/bolt handle assembly simply by removing the bolt from the gun while in the middle safety position, pushing a detent on the front of the rear "square" assembly with your finger while rotating the two pieces just over one turn.

a1000173img.jpg

Thanks Zak! I would like to see the front face of the shroud as shown in the arrow. I assume the shaft infront of the bolt shroud acts as a quide for the firing pin? And is the shaft and bolt shroud a one piece design? I'd imagine it is since the bolt shroud looks like a forged/casted part. In this picture, how is it that the firing pin is in a cocked position without the detent on the bolt engaging it? Lastly, are the twin lugs at the front of the shaft in place to lock the bolt body? A picture looking into the bolt from the sear cam side would be good too!

d1001302img.jpg

From the look of these pins being there, it seems to me the bolt is of a two piece design whereby the locking lugs is secured by these pins? Or are they actually safety relief holes in case of chamber explosion?

a1000172img.jpg

I'm still left wondering what this hole above the spring-loaded pin is for?

Finally, I would be very happy if you could even remotely possible, take some pictures of the sear, safety lever and the bolt shroud disassembled.

Thanks!

Edit: Do you think it's wise to retrofit a Savage AccuTrigger into the receiver? Or is the AW 2 stage trigger good enough?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The TRG trigger is very good.

On the AW, to "decock" the striker, you'd need to put the safety in the middle position, open the bolt, put the safety on "fire" and then hold the trigger back to cause the striker to follow as you close the bolt again. Then you'd end up with the striker down with a closed bolt. I would not recommend this for safety reasons if you're dealing with a loaded rifle. If it's unloaded, just dry-fire it.

If you can write exactly what you want a photo of, I'll see what I can do. There isn't much to see other than what you can see in photo A100_0173_img.jpg in the link above.
</div></div>
Is it mechanically possible to start the decocking procedure from the firing position?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can release the striker assembly from the bolt body/bolt handle assembly simply by removing the bolt from the gun while in the middle safety position, pushing a detent on the front of the rear "square" assembly with your finger while rotating the two pieces just over one turn.
</div></div>
Would the 'detent on the front of the rear "square" assembly' be the pin as shown in the 3rd picture?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: newcomer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
a1000173img.jpg

Thanks Zak! I would like to see the front face of the shroud as shown in the arrow. I assume the shaft infront of the bolt shroud acts as a quide for the firing pin? And is the shaft and bolt shroud a one piece design? I'd imagine it is since the bolt shroud looks like a forged/casted part. In this picture, how is it that the firing pin is in a cocked position without the detent on the bolt engaging it? Lastly, are the twin lugs at the front of the shaft in place to lock the bolt body? A picture looking into the bolt from the sear cam side would be good too!

d1001302img.jpg

From the look of these pins being there, it seems to me the bolt is of a two piece design whereby the locking lugs is secured by these pins? Or are they actually safety relief holes in case of chamber explosion?

a1000172img.jpg

I'm still left wondering what this hole above the spring-loaded pin is for?

Finally, I would be very happy if you could even remotely possible, take some pictures of the sear, safety lever and the bolt shroud disassembled.

Thanks!

Edit: Do you think it's wise to retrofit a Savage AccuTrigger into the receiver? Or is the AW 2 stage trigger good enough? </div></div>

You gotta be freaking kidding about the Savage trigger!!!!

Bolt is one piece design.

And the Reason the firing pin is still in the cocked position is that the safety is holding it back. This has to be done to remove the firing pin from the bolt body.

And again you have to be shittin me about the Savage Trigger!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[I assume the shaft infront of the bolt shroud acts as a quide for the firing pin?</div></div>
I couldn't say if it acts as a "guide" but obviously the striker/FP goes through it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And is the shaft and bolt shroud a one piece design?</div></div>The shaft visible just rear of the spring is the same part as the square bolt shroud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In this picture, how is it that the firing pin is in a cocked position without the detent on the bolt engaging it?</div></div>
My reply about "decocking" should make clear that the safety is in the middle position.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lastly, are the twin lugs at the front of the shaft in place to lock the bolt body?</div></div>
I don't think so. As far as I can tell, they are there to key insertion into the housing body. It also appears they bottom out in a ring machine into the inside surface of the housing body.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it seems to me the bolt is of a two piece design whereby the locking lugs is secured by these pins? Or are they actually safety relief holes in case of chamber explosion?</div></div>
They, along with permanent bonding, hold the bolt head onto the bolt body. I don't know if they serve additional safety features or not-- I doubt it if they are straight roll pins.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm still left wondering what this hole above the spring-loaded pin is for?</div></div>
Well, the plunger inside it appears to be either connected to or actuated by the safety.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the bolt shroud disassembled.</div></div>
Further disassembly ain't gonna happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Do you think it's wise to retrofit a Savage AccuTrigger into the receiver? Or is the AW 2 stage trigger good enough?
</div></div>
WTF.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Is it mechanically possible to start the decocking procedure from the firing position?
</div></div>
That was the implied starting position of the procedure I explained-- though I don't know what relevance "decocking" on a bolt gun has.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would the 'detent on the front of the rear "square" assembly' be the pin as shown in the 3rd picture?</div></div>
Yes.

Pics of my two AW's

Top AI AWSM in .338 lapua 20" barrel,Nightforce 5.5-22x50
Bottom AI AW in .308 20" barrel, Hensoldt 4 -16x56

DSCN0261.jpg

DSCN0259.jpg

enjoy!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Well, the plunger inside it appears to be either connected to or actuated by the safety.
</div></div>

I'd imagine the plunger engages a detent in the bolt body when the safety is in the middle and safe position, thereby locking the bolt body?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Further disassembly ain't gonna happen.
</div></div>

Just a look at where the arrow is pointing in the first pic if possible? The front face of the bolt shroud without the bolt body.

Nolo, what NV mount do you have on your .338? That thing is awesome! Wally

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WallyAZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nolo, what NV mount do you have on your .338? That thing is awesome! Wally </div></div>

Thanks Wally the mount is a LaRue..

I assume they stopped production? Its not on there website...Wally

To all the Accuracy International owner's and operator's. The UK mothership has requested we offer up some pictures of our favorite topics here for the website photo gallery. So, if you would please submit pictures of the products from the AICS to the full system, action and competition would be much appreciated, for posting on our
"www.accuracyinternational.com" to better assist customers alike world wide. Thank you as always for your assistance, happy holidays and looking forward to seeing some great photo's from the "hiders".

Hi Stacey,

When is the website "merchandise" section going to be up and running? The "coming soon" note has been there for months.

Clark

That has been a massive task for one of our best in the UK, and she is working on it daily, talking to us here very often and we expect very soon. I know you are just itching to get the full AI swim suit but design time has been limited due to some other projects and systems, ha ha.

I was hoping to get the AI logo toilet paper cover by Christmas. But you know, just have to wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WallyAZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I assume they stopped production? Its not on there website...Wally </div></div>

No they still make them but supposedly they only sell these to Military. I have two of them and both were given to me. I know that they are around 500 bucks..