• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

45126015-819A-478E-BAF6-A3AC269E6B57.jpeg

Reactions: camocorvette
Finally painted my “lightweight” attempt at the AX. Painted the barrel yesterday (rustoleum nutmeg is 99.99% color match) and timed and installed the muzzle brake. 16.5” PVA Light Palma. Once deer season is over we’ll start the load development process on some 123 SMKs and 140 ELDs. The rifle might not be super light to most standards, but it is now extremely handy and is just a fun rifle.
8F82908F-30C9-469F-84ED-B327BA649B5E.jpeg
EF8A84F1-0ABE-4EAF-97B8-2454C69EED2D.jpeg

Finally painted my “lightweight” attempt at the AX. Painted the barrel yesterday (rustoleum nutmeg is 99.99% color match) and timed and installed the muzzle brake. 16.5” PVA Light Palma. Once deer season is over we’ll start the load development process on some 123 SMKs and 140 ELDs. The rifle might not be super light to most standards, but it is now extremely handy and is just a fun rifle.
View attachment 7725374View attachment 7725375
That’s awesome! I have so many questions.
What’s the weight at now? Is the Victor company forend lighter than the AI? Or did you pick that because it has the arca built in?

That’s awesome! I have so many questions.
What’s the weight at now? Is the Victor company forend lighter than the AI? Or did you pick that because it has the arca built in?
They weight like you see it in the pictures is 15.1 lbs (no mag). Again it’s still not super light but with the barrel weight and switching from the NF from the Gen 2 razor it was a 19.8 lbs rifle before. The short barrel makes it handle a whole lot different. When it gets out in the sneaky bag as a truck gun the tripod comes along and I leave the bipod in the bag which makes its 14.1 lbs. The choice for the rail is a complicated answer lol. I traded of my original 12” for a 16” AXMC forend. When going light I weighed the options the best I could with the RRS arca plate with the factory rail or the Victor rail with factory plate in front of the mag well. Lightest option in total was factory 12” with factory plate. Adding a hog saddle or something similar to the tripod to save 2 oz wasn’t really on option for me. The difference of the factory AI rail with RRS plate and the victor company rail with the factory plate was pretty much a wash. Once all the crops come off around here I’m going to play around the the rifle on the tripod all the way back on the victor rail vs RRS plate. The factory AI plastic guard/plate is 3oz lighter than the RRS plate so if I switch that out now we’re talking carrying weight of under 14 lbs and probably pushing 13.5 if I got real crazy and took off the buttstock “hook” and rail it attaches to lol. Again still heavier than most “truck guns” but now it’ll get picked a lot more often to come out and play and still be able to get hits at 800-1000 (about max for any range or field around here). Plus I can throw the 24” AI barrel back on it and it still can be the heavy ass laser rifle it wants to be.

Last edited:
Took my father in law to shoot his new AR15. I brought the ASR along with me. 20mph cross wind. I know it’s not a huge distance but I dialed for him and he got a cold bore first round hit on the plate at 400. 6CM berger 105. His first time shooting anything more than 50 yards. The smile was real. Got to love it.

“I gotta get one of these”

F48741B1-9E0A-497A-949E-9B20D9F087E4.jpeg

They weight like you see it in the pictures is 15.1 lbs (no mag). Again it’s still not super light but with the barrel weight and switching from the NF from the Gen 2 razor it was a 19.8 lbs rifle before. The short barrel makes it handle a whole lot different. When it gets out in the sneaky bag as a truck gun the tripod comes along and I leave the bipod in the bag which makes its 14.1 lbs. The choice for the rail is a complicated answer lol. I traded of my original 12” for a 16” AXMC forend. When going light I weighed the options the best I could with the RRS arca plate with the factory rail or the Victor rail with factory plate in front of the mag well. Lightest option in total was factory 12” with factory plate. Adding a hog saddle or something similar to the tripod to save 2 oz wasn’t really on option for me. The difference of the factory AI rail with RRS plate and the victor company rail with the factory plate was pretty much a wash. Once all the crops come off around here I’m going to play around the the rifle on the tripod all the way back on the victor rail vs RRS plate. The factory AI plastic guard/plate is 3oz lighter than the RRS plate so if I switch that out now we’re talking carrying weight of under 14 lbs and probably pushing 13.5 if I got real crazy and took off the buttstock “hook” and rail it attaches to lol. Again still heavier than most “truck guns” but now it’ll get picked a lot more often to come out and play and still be able to get hits at 800-1000 (about max for any range or field around here). Plus I can throw the 24” AI barrel back on it and it still can be the heavy ass laser rifle it wants to be.
Thanks for the in-depth answer, that's exactly what i'm looking to do to mine. Not looking to make it a sheep rifle, just more manageable for hunts in the foothills. 14-ish with optics would be perfect.

Reactions: trob_205
Thanks for the in-depth answer, that's exactly what i'm looking to do to mine. Not looking to make it a sheep rifle, just more manageable for hunts in the foothills. 14-ish with optics would be perfect.
Definitely doable if you’re willing to go short on barrel length.

Sunday is always a 1,000y day at the Quantico Shooting Club! I quickly installed the Triggercam this morning with the intent to fire a few 225s and 212s to get some video. Dumbass operator shot the video with his glasses on, soooooooo, it's a bit out of focus. I'll look it over to see if any is worth posting and hopefully I'll get it right next time.

AI in 300 PRC

IMG_0619-2142170.jpg

I'm bringing a T-Mobile puck with me now to create a hotspot since there is basically no Verizon service at the range. Not a bad deal, 50GB for $50 a month. The shooting mat is covered in debris from the muzzle blast since public works cut the firing line for the PRS centerfire match yesterday.

IMG_0622-2142171.jpg

I've always used a cheap Amazon temperature strip to monitor the barrel temps when shooting strings. Here it is after the 10rds I shot.

IMG_0623-2142172.jpg

Obligatory target pic with a couple windage misses.

IMG_0624-2142173.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday is always a 1,000y day at the Quantico Shooting Club! I quickly installed the Triggercam this morning with the intent to fire a few 225s and 212s to get some video. Dumbass operator shot the video with his glasses on, soooooooo, it's a bit out of focus. I'll look it over to see if any is worth posting and hopefully I'll get it right next time.

AI in 300 PRC

IMG_0619-2142170.jpg

I'm bringing a T-Mobile puck with me now to create a hotspot since there is basically no Verizon service at the range. Not a bad deal, 50GB for $50 a month. The shooting mat is covered in debris from the muzzle blast since public works cut the firing line for the PRS centerfire match yesterday.

IMG_0622-2142171.jpg

I've always used a cheap Amazon temperature strip to monitor the barrel temps when shooting strings. Here it is after the 10rds I shot.

IMG_0623-2142172.jpg

Obligatory target pic with a couple windage misses.

IMG_0624-2142173.jpg
I need to get a trigger cam

Reactions: Defender3
My out of focus TriggerCam video from the 300 PRC AXMC with NF ATACR 7-35 @1,000y this weekend. I made the mistake of focusing the darn thing with my glasses on, so it was guaranteed to be OOF. The TC attaches to the NF's ocular ring so you also have to get the cant correct and if it moves during firing, the reticle will appear to be canted.

Here's one from last year using my AX in 260 @ 1,000 with a Tacticam. I slapped it on and while in focus, it was a bit off cant. This was a February day that was cold, but with some good mirage.

Last edited:
Always good to meet a fellow sophisticate. I shot an antelope with a 300NM last year at about 375 and it was everything I hoped it would be.

It's amazing how confidence inspiring that AI is. Wind was gusting 25mph+ and raining cats and dogs. He said the vapor trail was awesome and hit with a thud.

You knocked his ass end backwards

Split it in two and made my kid pack out half.