• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Cry for help to my UK peers - I'm looking to convert an AI coopermatch Palma-Master to take a magazine and need a AI short action chassis to put it into, I know the Accuracy obsession Vision chassis would work but at £1800 that's a bit rich for my blood. Any short action should be compatible AW, AT, or ATX I'm told.

I'm hoping someone has a line on one or perhaps has one left over from a Vision upgrade they'd be willing to let go of.
I've spoken to Valkyrie Rifles, JR firearms, Bradley Arms, Sporting services, who can't help, as well as Dolphin, and R and F sporting supplies about a custom chassis without success.
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-12 at 14.11.33.jpeg

Cry for help to my UK peers - I'm looking to convert an AI coopermatch Palma-Master to take a magazine and need a AI short action chassis to put it into, I know the Accuracy obsession Vision chassis would work but at £1800 that's a bit rich for my blood. Any short action should be compatible AW, AT, or ATX I'm told.

I'm hoping someone has a line on one or perhaps has one left over from a Vision upgrade they'd be willing to let go of.
I've spoken to Valkyrie Rifles, JR firearms, Bradley Arms, Sporting services, who can't help, as well as Dolphin, and R and F sporting supplies about a custom chassis without success.View attachment 8194028
Does this action have the same footprint as the AT/AW/AX308? If so, and you know it’ll fit the current chassis design, your best bet is probably a WTB ad in the PX to see if you can find someone in the UK who has converted to the AO/V chassis and has the old AI chassis laying around.

There have been quite a few over the past years from people who have upgraded, but I’m not sure on the ability to ship a chassis from the US to the UK without an importer.

Does this action have the same footprint as the AT/AW/AX308? If so, and you know it’ll fit the current chassis design, your best bet is probably a WTB ad in the PX to see if you can find someone in the UK who has converted to the AO/V chassis and has the old AI chassis laying around.

There have been quite a few over the past years from people who have upgraded, but I’m not sure on the ability to ship a chassis from the US to the UK without an importer.
That was the hope by posting here too, my thought was that people were more likely to see it here even if they weren't actively looking to sell. I don't know what the import rules are either so fingers crossed I'll find someone local

Reactions: samb300
Excellent. Well if it can be done, Jack is a man to do it. I had a McMillan stock in-letted by him. His attention to detail is seldom seen anymore.

I’m undecided if it’s sacrilege or not doing it to the coopermatch. But who’s anyone to say!

Good luck with the project.

Reactions: JayjayUK
Best of luck with that project that'll be nice rig! I'll also be searching for a AT-X or vision over the off season as well. Just hard to beat the modularity of those two. I enjoy the AX, but the balance point closer to the barrel is much more appealing.

Excellent. Well if it can be done, Jack is a man to do it. I had a McMillan stock in-letted by him. His attention to detail is seldom seen anymore.

I’m undecided if it’s sacrilege or not doing it to the coopermatch. But who’s anyone to say!

Good luck with the project.
I completely agree, but I don't know what's worse: taking the knife to a perfectly functional piece of art and history or leaving it to gather dust and become obsolete.

The action is like greased glass and its in fantastic shape - it'd be a shame if it wasn't used!

That was the hope by posting here too, my thought was that people were more likely to see it here even if they weren't actively looking to sell. I don't know what the import rules are either so fingers crossed I'll find someone local
Shoot, and I have exactly what you need sitting in my basement, never to be used again... Just that silly body of water between us.

I bet the AI palma rifles aren't worth much compared to an AT or an AX. There just aren't that many people shooting that kind of match anymore.

If it's not some rare, valuable rifle, I'd be totally on board with machining a magwell and modernizing it with a new chassis of some kind.

I've spoken to Valkyrie Rifles, JR firearms, Bradley Arms, Sporting services, who can't help, as well as Dolphin, and R and F sporting supplies about a custom chassis without success.View attachment 8194028
I might know a guy that knows a guy that might or might not be upgrading his AI that might or might not be an AT to a Vision Chassis in the next few weeks 😅👀

I've dropped you a PM

Last edited:
Reactions: JackBeNimble

Could someone make that stock take mags? That would be pretty cool

Reactions: JayjayUK

Personally I'd leave the action as is, but the stock isn't an original AI Coopermatch stock. The factory wooden AI target stocks were shaped like UIT standard rifle stocks with a very deep forend. This one is in the shape of an original Colin Moon stock that was first used with Swing target rifles back in the 70s - I'm not 100% sure if he ever used laminated wood so I think it might be a replica. Edit: I'm pretty certain the stock is made by Norman Clark.

If you're set on converting it, it might be worth ordering from Dolphin something like their Modular F Class or Tactical Folding Stock without a mag cutout to save them the hassle and then sorting out the mag cutout another time with someone else. Dolphin should know at the very least what a Palmamaster footprint is like because I know of at least two Palmamasters in their Target Rifle Stocks at Bisley.

I'd happily help you out by buying the wooden stock and iron sights if you don't plan on using them 👀.. I've been offered a rarer square target action in an original AI stock which I know I don't like and it needs sights.

Last edited:
Ran 100 rounds through a new 6.5 Creedmoor for the AXSR and also put a few rounds of 300NM on plates. Special guest appearance by the AT-X wearing a 6 Dasher barrel.

View attachment 8197811

View attachment 8197814
I wonder why the ASR has a different cut on the left side of the action than the standard AXSR does. Anyone know why?

Edit: I am stupid and retarded. They are the same.

Last edited:
I completely agree, but I don't know what's worse: taking the knife to a perfectly functional piece of art and history or leaving it to gather dust and become obsolete.

The action is like greased glass and its in fantastic shape - it'd be a shame if it wasn't used!

See them being used at Bisley, Blair Atholl and Kingsbury ranges Some in their original stocks others updated into modern Target Rifle stocks. There are ones with the mag fitting but they are really rare. It would be a real shame to butcher one of Mr Cooper's originals. Stick some iron sights on it and get stuck in.

See them being used at Bisley, Blair Atholl and Kingsbury ranges Some in their original stocks others updated into modern Target Rifle stocks. There are ones with the mag fitting but they are really rare. It would be a real shame to butcher one of Mr Cooper's originals. Stick some iron sights on it and get stuck in.
Yep the magazine versions were called CISMmasters and Swissmasters, but they weren't all stamped with those nicknames. Btw if you were to cut out a hole for a magazine into a Palmamaster for a PRS stock but you still occasionally want to shoot the wooden stock, you'd have to modify it as it's probably only got 4 clearance holes for the front and middle pair of screw holes on the action - cutting out a hole for a magazine cuts through the middle screw holes so you're left with only the front and rear screw holes like modern AIs.

This post of a magazine version is pretty cool. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/accuracy-international-coopermatch.7041598/

Reactions: Wanderedshot
Yep the magazine versions were called CISMmasters and Swissmasters, but they weren't all stamped with those nicknames. Btw if you were to cut out a hole for a magazine into a Palmamaster for a PRS stock but you still occasionally want to shoot the wooden stock, you'd have to modify it as it's probably only got 4 clearance holes for the front and middle pair of screw holes on the action - cutting out a hole for a magazine cuts through the middle screw holes so you're left with only the front and rear screw holes like modern AIs.

This post of a magazine version is pretty cool. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/accuracy-international-coopermatch.7041598/
I'm still trying to source a short action AI stock for it, but Jack from JR rifles has done the cut outs before without issue (photos of his work above, and the underside of my Palmamaster attached) so I'm hopeful it won't be a problem.

Unfortunately while I'd love to keep it as is, I don't see a future where I shoot full-bore competition and having looked into it (the armoury at Bisley suggested asking G E Fulton & Son) was told it'd only be worth £500-600. Unfortunately not enough for me to get a comparatively good replacement.

Answering IK6243 from earlier, I also spoke to Mik from Dolphin about putting it in an ELR or Tactical stock - something he was very happy to do as a single shot but said that machining the chassis to fit a repeating action would take a weeks work and too many chassis! I'm sure Jack could do this but unfortunately I can't afford numerous attempts

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 23.18.38.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 23.18.38.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 54
Way to shoot insults at people trying to help you

I shoot an AI. If I was ranked it would be much higher than 300

A lot of AI shooters where I come from.

Just picked this up cause holding wind is for posers

View attachment 8190709
What did this guy do to get banned so quickly? Asking only because I think he shoots at Quantico, seem to recall him doing mag dumps.

What did this guy do to get banned so quickly? Asking only because I think he shoots at Quantico, seem to recall him doing mag dumps.
He came in and immediately spammed everyone with "I know more than you" while
1) not demonstrating he knew anything at all and
2) generally being a dick about it.

If you actually know an AI owner in real life with that name, it's possible this was an attempt at character assassination. If you see him again, you should use the Jim Bailey response to let him know what's happened.

Please report back 😉

What's that tiny little suppressor ya got there?

Thing is so square sounds like screwing an action when the mount face meets the can face.

Reactions: kthomas
Like screwing an AI barrel on, subtle pop at the end. When you're there you're there, if you know what I mean...

What cases are you guys using to bring your AI to the range/field?

I'm getting the entire chassis fitted with some exciting news to go with it 🙃

Desperately trying to decide what cerakote work to have done for it. Thinking a tungsten/black theme or a tan/black theme

Last edited:

Some photos from the PRS UK Match last weekend. Probably the last before my AI lands in a Vision Chassis.

Seriously impressed with the Maven for the price! Glass is much clearer, brighter and colour is so much less saturated than my Vortex.

Always gotta remind myself that the entire world isnt 80 million degrees outside from may to oct lol. It was tripping me out seeing someone running a jacket in August but nice pics.

As for the cerakote, tungsten and black would be sick. I did bullshark grey and black on my last one turned out better than I expected.

If I had to do my vision swap over I would have used release agent on the action so I could easily pull the action from the chassis in the future.

Always gotta remind myself that the entire world isnt 80 million degrees outside from may to oct lol. It was tripping me out seeing someone running a jacket in August but nice pics.

As for the cerakote, tungsten and black would be sick. I did bullshark grey and black on my last one turned out better than I expected.

If I had to do my vision swap over I would have used release agent on the action so I could easily pull the action from the chassis in the future.
So it had just finished chucking it down for a few hours and was very windy 😅 usually a bit warmer in August.

Yeah Tungsten is option 1 at the moment I think.

Reactions: Huskydriver