• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

53323947720_0b43fcb744_k.jpg

Seeing as this place is better than google for the related subject, I need some insight on a potential difference in AXSR magazines.

Local dealer has a couple .308 mags listed, one listed as an ASR mag, 28538BL, and one listed as an AX MK3 mag, 29066DE. Aside from one being black and one being DE, does anyone know the difference in these two? I'm assuming that the MK3 mag would be compatible as its essentially the same rifle as the AXSR, but I'd love to get some feedback from you fellas on what the deal is.

Seeing as this place is better than google for the related subject, I need some insight on a potential difference in AXSR magazines.

Local dealer has a couple .308 mags listed, one listed as an ASR mag, 28538BL, and one listed as an AX MK3 mag, 29066DE. Aside from one being black and one being DE, does anyone know the difference in these two? I'm assuming that the MK3 mag would be compatible as its essentially the same rifle as the AXSR, but I'd love to get some feedback from you fellas on what the deal is.
I'm not 100% sure but agree that they should be interchangeable. Sporting Services states the MK3 mag fits in an AXMC on their site so that would mean it would also work in an AXSR.

Reactions: Part Timer

They are compatible mate. You will have no issues.

Reactions: Part Timer
Word to the wise….found out that patch-out cleaner will eat the paint off of AI AX mags.

Breaking in a new barrel on my AXSA, I ran a couple of wet patches through at the range and put the gun in its case to allow it to soak for an at home cleaning.

Put the mag in figuring it would capture and run out, and I could just blow it out with compressed air in the garage.

Got home an hour later and took out the mag, and my beautiful sage green, master race paint could be wiped off around the feed lips and inside of the mag. I had to do a water douche and oiling to get the reaction to stop.

Figured the bottle said it was safe on all modern paints, I would be ok. Evidently the paint on the mags isn’t the same as the chassis. The chassis was fine.

Figured I would pass it on!

Reactions: carbonbased
Word to the wise….found out that patch-out cleaner will eat the paint off of AI AX mags.

Breaking in a new barrel on my AXSA, I ran a couple of wet patches through at the range and put the gun in its case to allow it to soak for an at home cleaning.

Put the mag in figuring it would capture and run out, and I could just blow it out with compressed air in the garage.

Got home an hour later and took out the mag, and my beautiful sage green, master race paint could be wiped off around the feed lips and inside of the mag. I had to do a water douche and oiling to get the reaction to stop.

Figured the bottle said it was safe on all modern paints, I would be ok. Evidently the paint on the mags isn’t the same as the chassis. The chassis was fine.

Barrel break in? 🤣

What is this barrel break in you speak of?

Thanks for the heads up on patch out cleaner not playing nice with the paint on AI magazines. I’ll stick with a wet patch or two of good old CLP just before I case up the rifle and head home, at the very least it seems to keep fouling soft.

Reactions: 800mZero
Hit send on a new Green AT 308, 26" with tactical brake.

Can anyone tell me where the thumb rests come from and arca rails for the foreend.

Also - will AW stock sides fit the new AT? - Have dremel will travel :D

Reactions: MX762
Hit send on a new Green AT 308, 26" with tactical brake.

Can anyone tell me where the thumb rests come from and arca rails for the foreend.

Also - will AW stock sides fit the new AT? - Have dremel will travel :D

Here's the AW kit from the thread you heathens totally took a dump on last week haha

I'll admit, the seller wasn't doing himself any favors. Turned out to be a nice guy.

Haven't owned an AW yet but I'm looking forward to hanging on to this one.

aiaw-small.jpg

Here's the AW kit from the thread you heathens totally took a dump on last week haha

I'll admit, the seller wasn't doing himself any favors. Turned out to be a nice guy.

Haven't owned an AW yet but I'm looking forward to hanging on to this one.

View attachment 8273686
So, it is going to be FS in a week?

#freerecoil
I can’t say if he did or did not. The photographer at the match got the photo. It was a blind match so shooters didn’t get to watch each other. He obviously doesn’t control the rifle with his hand. But I do know he normally has a good rifle/shoulder connection.

Let me know. I very briefly held an ATX at a shop and wish I had the AT next to it to compare. With the new short foreend on the BP version, I hope it comes available.

Any thought on just popping the barrel off the AT to test it out? Should be quick and easy?
I've played with both next to each other.

I liked the thumbhole better, not so much for the grip but more so because I don't find chassis very nice to handle (shooting or carrying).

I've played with both next to each other.

I liked the thumbhole better, not so much for the grip but more so because I don't find chassis very nice to handle (shooting or carrying).
Personal preference, obviously, but after shooting and carrying the AIAT for a few years, then dropping the action into the ATX chassis and shooting, carrying (hunting), I find the ATX is superior. Don’t want to carry, throw a TAB biathlon sling on it and hit the trail…

Last edited:
Reactions: beetroot