• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Accuracy International Picture Thread

59064A27-38D5-4D0E-AA05-016B95539537.jpeg
66D2FF34-BF98-42ED-AA5D-15310A513D06.jpegD3A2CB29-C799-4306-946B-D835F4D2D8FE.jpeg

The Proof 6.5x47L barrel is not disappointing me on the Tungsten AX. I’m getting about 2760fps out of Berger 140 Hybrids.
t537nl.png

250m1io.jpg

That first group was horrible because I was having trouble getting used to the terrible mirage. I also wasn’t overjoyed when I broke the trigger before I was ready for shot 3 of the last group, quadrupling the group size from a .140” to a .520”, but can’t really complain about anything.

The Proof 6.5x47L barrel is not disappointing me on the Tungsten AX. I’m getting about 2760fps out of Berger 140 Hybrids.
t537nl.png

250m1io.jpg

That first group was horrible because I was having trouble getting used to the terrible mirage. I also wasn’t overjoyed when I broke the trigger before I was ready for shot 3 of the last group, quadrupling the group size from a .140” to a .520”, but can’t really complain about anything.

What length barrel?

@Scotch_egg It’s a 24”. That’s the only length Proof offers in the small tenon prefits for most calibers. I actually prefer the 24” compared to my old OTM Gradous barrel that was 26”. The 2” makes the 24” a lot more maneuverable, especially with the Ultra 9 hanging off the end. I’ve been extremely happy with the Proof barrel, it has shot great with every load I’ve tried in it (even without any load dev), seems to be on the fast side, and it balances the rifle almost the same as my 16” .308 barrel. It also looks sweet with the tungsten cerakote, which is at least worth something.

I have noticed that it deflects quite a lot. You can easily push it around inside the handguard, but it is extremely consistent in how it vibrates when shot. I expect it would likely be heavily effected if any force were applied to the barrel externally when you shot, but I haven’t actually experienced it.

@Scotch_egg It’s a 24”. That’s the only length Proof offers in the small tenon prefits for most calibers. I actually prefer the 24” compared to my old OTM Gradous barrel that was 26”. The 2” makes the 24” a lot more maneuverable, especially with the Ultra 9 hanging off the end. I’ve been extremely happy with the Proof barrel, it has shot great with every load I’ve tried in it (even without any load dev), seems to be on the fast side, and it balances the rifle almost the same as my 16” .308 barrel. It also looks sweet with the tungsten cerakote, which is at least worth something.

I have noticed that it deflects quite a lot. You can easily push it around inside the handguard, but it is extremely consistent in how it vibrates when shot. I expect it would likely be heavily effected if any force were applied to the barrel externally when you shot, but I haven’t actually experienced it.

Any idea on weight without the can?? Your setup looks awesome!

For those of you running shorties (20” or less), what contour are you using? I have a cert for $100 off a PVA prefit that I’m thinking of using for my shorty, but I’m unsure what to go with. For now, it’ll have just a brake on it, but eventually I’ll get a can for direct mounting. Looking primarily at a 20”, then an 18”, and lastly a 16.5” as far as preference on length.

Primary reasons for running a short barrel are maneuverability and weight savings. I’m thinking a medium palma as a good compromise, as I still want to use it for local matches and not have excessive heat buildup. Thanks!

@Covertnoob5 I don’t know the weight. I’m out of town until Thursday night, but if I remember I’ll weigh it and let you know. Hopefully, I’ll remember since I have a used Minox ZP5 I got that will be waiting for me when I get back I’m going to put on it and move the AMG to my 40-X repeater. Switching the scope should jar my brain to remember to weigh it.

Reactions: Covertnoob5
@Basher My 16” .308 barrel is a factory AX barrel that was cut, so I think it is fairly close to a Medium Palma in contour, but am not 100% on that. I have no complaints about the length or contour, though I’m not using it in any comps or anything, and I also have the 24” 6.5 barrel as well if I was looking for velocity.

Reactions: Basher
@Basher My 16” .308 barrel is a factory AX barrel that was cut, so I think it is fairly close to a Medium Palma in contour, but am not 100% on that. I have no complaints about the length or contour, though I’m not using it in any comps or anything, and I also have the 24” 6.5 barrel as well if I was looking for velocity.

Thanks! I don’t seriously compete (not enough time or money), but local matches are fun. I’ve always just been in this sport/hobby to become a better long-range rifleman, not win matches (though if it happens, I won’t complain, haha).

I’ll see if anyone else chimes in, but I felt that medium Palma was the best overall conpromise, just wanted to see what others were using. Anyone with photos of their, I’d love to see them to see how they look (even if they’ve been posted already, or even just a mention of your post number so I can reference it). Thanks again!

Thanks! I don’t seriously compete (not enough time or money), but local matches are fun. I’ve always just been in this sport/hobby to become a better long-range rifleman, not win matches (though if it happens, I won’t complain, haha).

I’ll see if anyone else chimes in, but I felt that medium Palma was the best overall conpromise, just wanted to see what others were using. Anyone with photos of their, I’d love to see them to see how they look (even if they’ve been posted already, or even just a mention of your post number so I can reference it). Thanks again!
I also have Factory AX barrel cut to 18”. If you’re looking to save weight I’d think you’d still have a pretty good sized muzzle with a light Palma cut to 16-18”. I can take a picture of the 308 barrel side by side compared to the 24” MHSA 6.5cm barrel if you want even tho I can’t remember what that contour the 6.5 barrel is ?

@Covertnoob5 I could only find an old crappy scale lying around the house, but my AX (exactly as in the pic minus the Ultra 9) is reading about 15.5 lb, which seems about right. I was expecting somewhere between 15 and 20.

Reactions: Covertnoob5
@Covertnoob5 I could only find an old crappy scale lying around the house, but my AX (exactly as in the pic minus the Ultra 9) is reading about 15.5 lb, which seems about right. I was expecting somewhere between 15 and 20.

Thanks so much! Man you guys with the CF barrels make it hard not to want to get one.

Thanks pal. I have a 24” Kreiger 6.5X47 and running 130gr eld-m. Think I will try 140gr now I know you have a sensible barrel length.

@sjc929 Baller setup, dude! Looks amazing.

How is your cheek weld on the 22 with AXAICS chassis? I've got a low cheek piece coming out soon if you think getting it lower would help. I think guys with the AX-buttstock swap onto the AT and anyone running an AXAICS chassis would find it useful. At the least people wouldn't need 1.5" rings on the AT/AX to get a good sight picture.

@samb300 before, I was using a March 3-24x52 on the 40-X, and the mount I was using was as low as possible and still clear the handguard. With that setup, I had the cheek piece bottomed out and it was still slightly too high. With the AMG and the higher mount, I have the cheek piece raised a little, so it’s not too high anymore. I definitely think a lower cheek piece assembly would be invaluable to the AT AX conversion guys. The AX cheek piece is already high even with the handguard forcing higher scope mounts.

Finally got the TT mounted up. Weather is shit today, so obligatory picture until I can get her out Monday.

There are still a couple small things I need (throw lever, cheek piece, SAP 2 round holder), but this should be the final product.

View attachment 7035120
Awesome picture, I’m patiently waiting for my TT to arrive for my AT as well... great looking setup.

Awesome picture, I’m patiently waiting for my TT to arrive for my AT as well... great looking setup.

I dont know what scope you are switching from but the aaaaaa-haaaaa moment is a lot like what I had with the ZP5. I got in late last night and looked it over, thinking this is a nice scope, well made, but is it justified by the cost? Then you look through it and immediately say yepppp.

Reactions: MysizeisMAGNUM
I dont know what scope you are switching from but the aaaaaa-haaaaa moment is a lot like what I had with the ZP5. I got in late last night and looked it over, thinking this is a nice scope, well made, but is it justified by the cost? Then you look through it and immediately say yepppp.
I’ve been running S&B 3-20 PM2 as Primary and NF ATACR as my secondary for the last 5 years. I’ve been wanting to drop .5mil holds for awhile and no reticle really called my name... That was until I laid eyes on the Gen 3 XR, I knew I couldn’t live without it, it was made for me ?

Meh, I think if you switch to the AX buttstock might as well go with the AX. To me the AT doesn't look right without the thumbhole skins,
I have the thumbhole skins but preferred the originals LOL. I like the the offset adjustability for my shoulder pocket, I’m having a few issues getting comfortable behind AIAT.

Hello y'all. Just got my first AI, an excellent condition AW in .308 that was a police trade in. I'm really happy with the gun knowing how beat some trade in guns are. My only problem with it is that I was planning on trying to restore it back to all original condition eventually but I'm at a roadblock because I think the bolt knob is not original and can't find an original. I tried the exchange here but no luck and was recommended to check out Mile High as they are a dealer but was told by them it is original. So what do you guys think is this and original knob for an Arctic Warfare? Despite their gunsmith saying it is I'm 95% sure based on images online it is off a newer AI like an AT and not the Artic Warfare line. If any of you who have an AW can confirm it is original it would put me at ease. The thing that I think differentiates it from an AW is that the AW is fully round while this one is milled flat where it connects and is only about 80% round.

Last edited:
A picture would help. It should be perfectly round.

I have no idea what the thread pitch on the bolt handle is, but these are an option. They look identical.

Click on Knobs, then Ball.

Did you send Mile High a few photos of it?

A picture would help. It should be perfectly round.

I have no idea what the thread pitch on the bolt handle it, but these are an option. They look identical.

Okay I tried the pic again, showing up for you now?

Got out to check my dope for the 140 Hybrids earlier out to 500. I haven’t even got 100 rounds through the Minox yet, but I love it a little more every time I use it. It has easily taken the spot of my favorite scope I’ve ever used. The only thing that I have any interest in trying over it now is the Tangent Theta, but I’d have to dump my Minox and AMG, and use the TT on both my AX and 40-X. Not to mention the wait for a Gen3XR.
vicx9e.png

zyhc3c.jpg

Reactions: Badfinger
After running R700 actions in AI Chassis I was finally able to make the jump to an AIAX. I haven't taken it out yet but so far it's everything I thought it would be.

Decided to steal a scope off another rifle for the time being.

View attachment 7035343
Saw you snag this in the EE, great purchase. I'm waiting on my optic and Spuhr mount in the mail....

Reactions: Badfinger
Yeah I just had to click it. I thought you meant it was flat and tapered down to the handle.

That is indeed an original factory bolt knob you have.

View attachment 7035199
So it is factory but is it factory for an AW? While the bolt you posted looks like mine I'm pretty sure the one you posted is from a newer AT not an AW. Notice the 6 lugs, my AW has 3. Heres some images of actual AW bolts I found that point out what I mean by being fully round.

Reactions: PBWalsh
So it is factory but is it factory for an AW? While the bolt you posted looks like mine I'm pretty sure the one you posted is from a newer AT not an AW. Notice the 6 lugs, my AW has 3. Heres some images of actual AW bolts I found that point out what I mean by being fully round.

Yes, that is a newer bolt.

Not sure how else I can explain this - You have a factory bolt knob as intended to be shipped with that rifle. Same series of photos that you posted. 3-lug, see the flat. Mile High even stated the same.

Yes, that is a newer bolt.

Not sure how else I can explain this - You have a factory bolt knob as intended to be shipped with that rifle. Same series of photos that you posted. 3-lug, see the flat. Mile High even stated the same.

View attachment 7035691
I'm inexperienced in these guns so I'll just take your word for it. I always just assumed the knobs were fully round so it looked a bit strange to me when I got it since it's my first AI. And it's kind of hard to tell in images since most are taken at angles that doesn't show where the flat part is but that image clears it up. Hey that's good news to me! One less part I need to find for the restoration. Just need a barrel and brake now.

I'm inexperienced in these guns so I'll just take your word for it. I always just assumed the knobs were fully round so it looked a bit strange to me when I got it since it's my first AI. And it's kind of hard to tell in images since most are taken at angles that doesn't show where the flat part is but that image clears it up. Hey that's good news to me! One less part I need to find for the restoration. Just need a barrel and brake now.

Yeah I wouldn't sweat it. I know how it is to keep it original and all. I think you are good to go though here. Enjoy it!

Here is the AW in question. When I first got it I was surprised on freaking heavy it was even though it only had a 18" bbl. It was a former police or SWAT gun. It has a Surefire flash hider on it which is a suppressor host. Same suppressor on the militaries XM3 rifle. I may strip the camo off, the original color is black which seems uncommon for the Arctic Warfare line. When I got it the buttpud was extremely loose so Mile High are sending a replacement free of charge. It has a hole in the rear of the stock where I think a monopod was so I'm on the lookout for a bipod and monopod for it. I would go shoot it but it is -20 here with almost 2 feet of snow. Hey but if I do I could see if it lives up to the name.

Got the Minox ZP5 put on my AX and switched the AMG onto my 40-X JElrod Repeater Conversion. I’ve wanted a Minox for a couple of years, and was extremely happy with it shooting earlier today.
6s3om9.png

Any issue with the stock locking into the folded position with the thumb rest?