• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ACOG Bible verses? What's on yours?

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
Just for amusements sake... has anyone compiled a list of the Bible verses referenced on ACOG's?

Politics and appropriateness of the practice aside, what's on your ACOG? Are they random? Do they repeat?

My 4x32 has JN 8:12, which translates to: "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'"

Another reference I have seen is to Second Corinthians 4:6 which reads: "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

For an illuminated reticle scope... both talk about light. Coincidence?

So what's on yours?

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: TACC
Re: ACOG Bible verses? What's on yours?

Yes, "sights" with "cites."

Most of them have to do with "light." One I have seen deals with darkness, but seems appropriate: Ezekiel 25:17.

Founder, Glyn Bindon, a devout Christian from South Africa (now deceased) began the practice. Their triangle (Trinity) and the three white dots (the three Crosses at Calvary with the "J" in the middle) are symbolic as well...

Some are beginning to complain about the reticles as well:

Trijicon-Religious-Aiming-Solutions.jpg

Though I have no problem with them, from what I understand they are stopping the practice of the verses .... Who knows they may save one of our solidiers if a fundementalist Muslim refuses to use an ACOG because of the verses, etc.

Reactions: Ravenworks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...but seems appropriate: Ezekiel 25:17</div></div>

Ezekiel 25:17... isn't that?

samuelljackson.jpg

If you can't stand it, don't buy it.

As for the government, they still stamp "In God We Trust" on our currency, so what are they whining about?

If we started marking our coinage with "In Lawyers and a Shrill Minority We Trust" it would be a lot more accurate.

LOL pretty much:

Ezekiel 25:17 (King James Version)

17 And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

If I was buying an ACOG, I would probably spend a few extra bucks to get one with this verse referenced!! Pulp Fiction is one of my all time fav's!!

I buy optics for what the manufacturer makes sure I can see through the scope not on the scope.

Zeke 25:17 is where its at...if you gotta have one.

The verses are model specific if I'm not mistaken.

I was bummed to see my new TA11-HG doesn't have any biblical references...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SOCAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was bummed to see my new TA11-HG doesn't have any biblical references... </div></div>

Send it back to Trijicon to have one installed...
wink.gif

Mine does not have one, older 4x I bought from a fellow hide member - I'll go look again 2nite but haven't seen it yet..

Ya, I'll pass on that...
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SOCAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was bummed to see my new TA11-HG doesn't have any biblical references... </div></div>

Send it back to Trijicon to have one installed...
wink.gif
</div></div>

Trijicon is going to loose some respect for removing the verses. I don't care if they have it or not but caving in to go against what they believe in is weak!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dan46n2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trijicon is going to loose some respect for removing the verses. I don't care if they have it or not but caving in to go against what they believe in is weak!</div></div>

Hmmm....worry about your opinion....or an entire government contract. I'll take the millions of dollars in sales every time.

Reactions: W54/XM-388

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dan46n2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trijicon is going to loose some respect for removing the verses. I don't care if they have it or not but caving in to go against what they believe in is weak!</div></div>

Hmmm....worry about your opinion....or an entire government contract. I'll take the millions of dollars in sales every time. </div></div>

Trijicon sales to civilians isn't something to ignore, they make more things than just ACOGs.

Just pulled some of our TA33G-8's out of the safe to check:

4564304182_747376b523.jpg

4564304882_c0c1a15ef3.jpg

They all (TA33G-8's) have the same verse (hard to see in 2nd pic, but it's the last text line on the bottom, "1JN 1:7"): 1 John 1:7 which speaks of "walking in the LIGHT as He is in the LIGHT." Yup, they're consistently referring to LIGHT in all the verses.

I laughed when I saw this topic posted, thanks...

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SOCAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was bummed to see my new TA11-HG doesn't have any biblical references...</div></div>

airsoft replica knock-off..........

WTF is going on I have owned 6 and deployed with 2 and I have no idea WTF you gys are talking about but I sure want to understand?

Jon

Almost a 10-year bump, but the Finnish Defence Forces specific TA11FIN ACOGs have an embossed "MT5:15" after "ACOG 3.5x35", which refers to Matthew 5:15 "Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house."

2020-01-02-17-34-20.jpeg

EDIT: added photo.

Last edited:
Not just for Acogs!!

My RMR has 2nd Peter 1: 19 (kjv)

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts.

Suprised to see it there and happy they'r back, although my mini acog didnt have one. ....my bad it's there just on the other side in white.. 1Jn 1:7

Last edited:
Reactions: 308pirate
Not just for Acogs!!

My RMR has 2nd Peter 1: 19 (kjv)

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts.

Suprised to see it there and happy they'r back, although my mini acog didnt have one. :(

I'll have to look mine up tonight, I think it has the same verse.

Well, I 'll be. I never realized this (kudos for the bump). I just looked at my new SRO from Trijicon, and it has 1 Corinthians 4.5 on it.

"Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God."

Very cool.
234F6C14-02A6-4802-9069-1F2EA2508713.jpeg

I worked in the optics warehouse for the USMC back in 2009-2016 before I moved to the white collar side of things. back in 2010, I was on the "grinding team" we literally took a Dremel and grinded off every single verse. I can't remember the politics behind it but it was something to the effect that it was offensive to someone and was in the gray area for religious reasons.

we grinded all 26,000 we had in the warehouse at the time.

the verse talking about light is not a coincidence, the owner of Trijicon was using the verse in reference to their tritium chevron.

wasn't extremely proud to be apart of that effort but, it's done and over with now.

words i try and live by to a degree
and its catchy

I worked in the optics warehouse for the USMC back in 2009-2016 before I moved to the white collar side of things. back in 2010, I was on the "grinding team" we literally took a Dremel and grinded off every single verse. I can't remember the politics behind it but it was something to the effect that it was offensive to someone and was in the gray area for religious reasons.

we grinded all 26,000 we had in the warehouse at the time.

Un-fucking-real

Mine says LN8:12

"Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved."

Reactions: TACC
I just got an accupower 1-4 and it has Psalms 119:105. Really cool. Just wish it wasn’t on the bottom of the scope, I won’t be able to see it once it’s mounted. But I know it’s there!

“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭119:105‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Last edited:
On the bottom of my 5-50x56 Tenmile scope.

Micah 7:8 NASB
Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me.

measure twice cut once , and this my motto throughout my life

Well you learn something new every day.
I have a lot of respect for Trijicon for doing this.

Mine plays a recording of Conan when I look through the ocular......

Our issued ACOGS all had the scripture references removed with a Dremel...haven't seen an M4 or M16 with the scripture reference still in tact for a long, long time and I always look when I have the chance.

Reactions: stilesg57
Am I contributing to a decade's old thread ?
I have an RMR and a 6x48 ACOG that has said biblical references; see Army Instruction to remove divine providence from mfg. scopes.
I never looked to see if the RMR mounted on the ACOG has a reference also; one more thing to do during lock down. The ACOG is really nice but you need to have a damn Sherpa to tote it to final firing position.
That is all.

RMR with biblical reference inscribed.JPG
RMR with biblical reference.png
ACOG Army Instruction to Remove Biblical Psalm references from optics.jpg
IMG_7419.JPG
image.jpg

Last edited:
If they were marked "BLM" I wonder if that would be dremel tooled away?

Apparently the locals in Iraq and Afcrapistan took offense to being killed with a scope with a bible verse on it. Once we took it off, they were happy to be sent to their 72 virgins again.