• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Added a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14 mildot to my 17HMR

JelloStorm

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Northeast Pennsylvania
Had some trouble hitting some grey squirrels last year while hunting as they were upwards of 65-75 yards away.

I had a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 on it which is a great scope, but I think a little more magnification may help. Went on the hunt today to the local gun shops and Walmart and came across a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 SF Mildot and it is really nice.

The mildot crosshairs are actually really good quality and thin so it should make for some good squirrel blasting this year.

grin.gif

Re: Added a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14 mildot to my 17HMR

I actually like the lower magnification in that range, but whatever floats your boat/you are best with, run with it. If you are going with the higher magnification I would make sure you have some good shooting sticks as well.

Re: Added a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14 mildot to my 17HMR

I like that scope very much. Seems good for the price. I run one on my .22 and .223. Dunno how it does with heavy recoil though.